When will the last batch of X-Infinity be shipped to backers?

• November 20, 2015 at 7:56 pm #16789
    lo_tse
    Participant

Just received  a sale flyer from LH Labs.  The Pulse X-Infinity with chassis 2.0 is one of the sales item on Amazon.com.    It is mentioned that the item will be released on November 25 and if one order now, the item will arrive between Dec 1-3 by standard shipping.  Meanwhile, I am still waiting for my X-Infinity 2.0 and it has been almost a year now and still no end in sight.  Yet, the same item is on sale at Amazon and will be shipped  pretty much right away.  What’s happening?  Can someone from LHL tell me why.

• November 22, 2015 at 1:11 pm #16803
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

Ya it does kinda suck to be waiting a year (a bit over a year for me) and still not have it shipped to us yet when other people and places already have theirs :/

• November 22, 2015 at 2:53 pm #16804
    jaywhar
    Participant

and the link to the production chart has disappeared?

• November 22, 2015 at 4:14 pm #16805
    lo_tse
    Participant

Ya, I thought I did something wrong when I tried to look up the production update and could not find it.  So LHL removed the update.  Well, I just want to get this over and done with.  I opened a ticket already and see whether I get a reply.

• November 23, 2015 at 10:13 am #16819
    LH_GinaLH_Gina
    Participant

The last batch of Pulse X Infinities will be shipped at the end of December according to Production.

Gina Stewart
    Customer Happiness Agent
    LH Labs
    https://support.lhlabs.com

• November 23, 2015 at 11:58 am #16825
    TopQuark
    Participant

Not trying to be an arse here but, if last batch will be shipped at the end of December, why is the Amazon page showing “Released on  November 25”?

It’s either we are screwed or those buying at Amazon are screwed.

• November 23, 2015 at 12:01 pm #16826
    LH_GinaLH_Gina
    Participant

That would be the 3rd batch will be released in Dec. Second batch to be released at the end of November. The Amazon units are our retail units and not a part of any campaign batch.

Gina Stewart
    Customer Happiness Agent
    LH Labs

• November 23, 2015 at 12:51 pm #16827
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

The Infinity’s in 2.0 chassis should be the same as retail units anyway, so shouldn’t the backers who have been waiting a year get their products before new customers can just go and start buying from Amazon?

• November 23, 2015 at 7:37 pm #16838
    lo_tse
    Participant

Fellow backers, the following is the reply I got from LH Labs:

“I apologize for the confusion. At this time your unit will ship in our 3rd batch of Pulse units in the beginning of January, since you contributed towards the Pulse unit on 12/27/2014. At this time, the units on the Amazon listing are for those that have paid full price for the unit. They are only a few on reserve. When your unit is ready to ship you will receive an email notification with a tracking number”

So, it is confirmed that I will not get my X-Infinity before X’mas.  My understanding from the above message is that since I did not pay full price, I have to wait.  My next question is what if there are a lot of orders from Amazon, does it mean that all the backers, all of who did not pay full price, will get push back (indefinitely?) until all the Amazon order have been fulfilled?

• November 23, 2015 at 11:16 pm #16841
    wingsounds13wingsounds13
    Participant

I already have my infinity, but I commiserate with those backers who do not have their units yet.  I think that it ROYALLY SUCKS that retail buyers will be receiving units before all of the campaign backers do.  I don’t give a squat that retail buyers are paying more.  Campaign backers gave LH Labs their money long before the product was completed and shipping. In spite of this, and apparently due to paying less for their units LH Labs seems happy to give them the middle finger.  This does not inspire loyalty from the group that demonstrated a huge amount of trust and support for the company.

Bad move, LH Labs… Bad move.  Unfortunately, this is not the first time they have done this.  <thumbs down> :-(

J.P.

• November 24, 2015 at 3:30 pm #16862
    Tomscrut
    Participant

So the guys like me who have been waiting almost 2 years are being put to the back of the queue? I put my money down for a pulse Xfi (or whatever the flavour of the month was back then) in December 2013! And then kept buying the upgrades as they arrived. I think this is the first time I have actually publicly complained about this as I still felt LHLabs were doing what they could to get stuff out to the early backers quickly but this has really irritated me. So what if they are paying more? The fact that there was far more risk to our money from both questions of whether we actually get anything for our money (they could have gone bankrupt after 2 weeks) and no idea if the product will be any good are obviously irrelevant now. Let’s hope nobody buys them on Amazon so we don’t get treated like second class citizens. Wasn’t the infinity meant to be only for indiegogo backers anyway?

And where has the production plan gone?

• November 24, 2015 at 6:31 pm #16864
    Gavin FishGavin Fish
    Keymaster

Hey guys. I thought I’d chime in here.

One of the lessons we learned from the original Geek Out Kickstarter campaign was that if we get the devices into the channel too late, the product fizzles out. It’s like it reaches EOL a year and a half too early. So, with Pulse 2.0, we’ve been trying to strike a balance between delivering all campaign units and launching the product into the channel. Unfortunately, this overlap will naturally cause some consternation. I get it. And I’m sorry for it. But I hope you all, as original backers who really launched our company from the small four person crew we were, can understand that this is what’s best for the company long term.

I’ll commit to you to push Diana and her team to make this overlap as short as possible.

• November 24, 2015 at 8:25 pm #16866
    lo_tse
    Participant

Gavin,

I understand what you are saying.  At this “late” stage of the game, only a relatively small number of backers are waiting, their future support (if any) is not really “important” anymore. You guys weighed the pros and cons and decided that the “best for the company in the long term” is more important, just let those people wait.  They have been waiting long enough, what’s a few more weeks.  They are probably pissed already and likely will not be returning customers.   Although I do not condone the way this matter was handled,  I do appreciate your honesty.

By the way, in my opinion, “the best  for the company in the long term” would turn out to be “the best for the company in the short term”.  When  you gave up your hard earned “long term supporters” and compete with other established high end gear producers for the general audiophile consumers,  the risk is way high.  Best of luck.

• November 24, 2015 at 11:11 pm #16867
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Well there isn’t really a lot I can say in response to that other than I know for a fact I don’t really think it is a long term plan if you are just aggravating your existing customer base who have been very patient. Yes it is crowdfunding so we aren’t paying RRP or anything but the deal was still we were meant to get something for our money. All I have is an LPS that I don’t even know if it works or not and will probably be out of warranty by the time the DAC comes at this rate.

• November 24, 2015 at 11:57 pm #16868
    TopQuark
    Participant

I’ll commit to you to push Diana and her team to make this overlap as short as possible.

It is not a matter of overlap.  It’s not a number that you can throw in and think it is best for the company.  Think about the individuals who took the risk, made a commitment, contributed to the design, funded your company, and patiently waited only to learn someone else paying a little more will get their unit ahead.

• November 25, 2015 at 12:22 pm #16884
    Gavin FishGavin Fish
    Keymaster

I get it, guys. And I appreciate your calm honesty. I’m still pushing to get all units out ASAP.

• November 26, 2015 at 11:19 am #16918
    OutSider
    Participant

Is going to happen with the PTP, HPA, Wave, Source, Vi Dac, and Amps as well?

I’m sure you’ll be selling on Amazon and every else by then. Will we all have to wait then as well?

• November 26, 2015 at 12:16 pm #16922
    JonJon
    Participant

Maybe we should get use to it. :) One thing though, with every bad thing happening, there is a good one standing; if I am not mistaken, being close to the finishing line with the channel, doesn’t that mean we also get any of the improvements they will be getting? Sure it won’t make anyone happy but it will sure make everyone happier knowing we gain latest tech. As I have seen in the current campaigns (InDemand now) which the gear is not out yet, Larry has been pretty good keeping a sizable amount of tech for future proofing. I can hear some say well wait a little longer and it’ll change. I’d like to say how close is everyone having DSD256 on their players as 100% of their libraries, not the majority for sure. So we are still in the running.

• November 26, 2015 at 3:51 pm #16926
    lo_tse
    Participant

That’s one thing I do not understand – the SABRE chips support DSD256 out of the box (please correct me if I am wrong), why the Pulse cannot play that?  Waiting for new drivers, firmwares or what?  Larry claimed that he was playing DSD256 files many months ago.

• November 26, 2015 at 4:58 pm #16929
    JonJon
    Participant

The Saber chip, specifically the K2M or Q2M is capable of handling DSD signals and apparently can detect the input signal automatically, therefore as long as it’s handled by the firmware I assumed Larry has designed the DAC to operate it that way. If not there is still the possibility of handling DSD through DOP conversion fed through PCM DAC inputs. It’s capable of DSD256 signals so they only way this is not available is if he does not handle it through firmware. Maybe the units he used for his listening tests might have had the firmware beta version capable of handling DSD256 signals.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Jon.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Jon.
  • December 1, 2015 at 1:53 pm #17058
    JohnTitor
    Participant

Wow. This is insane.

Gavin : I understand why you chose to do this. It still isn’t right.

Stuck with a (not tested and mismatching!) LPS, over two years after backing. And the units are in stock sold in retail as we speak.

I’m super worried about the support I’ll get if my unit is defective…

• December 2, 2015 at 7:59 am #17101
    LH_GinaLH_Gina
    Participant

Hi John,

We do take that into account the additional time you had to wait to get your Pulse to use with your LPS and we have a great Tech Support team here to assist you if anything happens.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by LH_Gina.

Gina Stewart
    Customer Happiness Agent
    LH Labs

• December 16, 2015 at 6:36 am #17328
    mikejazz
    Participant

I already have my infinity, but I commiserate with those backers who do not have their units yet. I think that it ROYALLY SUCKS that retail buyers will be receiving units before all of the campaign backers do. I don’t give a squat that retail buyers are paying more. Campaign backers gave LH Labs their money long before the product was completed and shipping. In spite of this, and apparently due to paying less for their units LH Labs seems happy to give them the middle finger. This does not inspire loyalty from the group that demonstrated a huge amount of trust and support for the company.

Bad move, LH Labs… Bad move. Unfortunately, this is not the first time they have done this. <thumbs down> :-(

J.P.

I am also unhappy with the attitude. When I question LH the answer was international customers were to be delayed to first have feedback from the US field and avoid returns. Not sure if that was the case. Anyway, unhappy for the delay.

• December 16, 2015 at 11:14 am #17333
    OutSider
    Participant

I backed late, during the Wave campaign so i’m not even getting mine this year. I figure I’ll be lucky to see it ship by February.

• December 16, 2015 at 5:24 pm #17345
    Alan
    Participant

I’m with some of the backers here… I’m also one of the original early bird backers when the Geek Pulse was released in late 2013 and have since been upgrading and waiting for 2 years. With having to submit and change my shipping address for 2-3 times already, I’m probably moving again and having more risk of not receiving my unit. I’m quite unhappy with the situation and at this late stage of Geek Pulse campaign, exact dates for shipping should be foreseeable for backers. I agree with one of the original posters above too, I got a LPS sitting here waiting for the Pulse. By the time I receive the Pulse, my LPS will probably be out of warranty, or doesn’t even work.

As an additional note, I do not believe that the early backers can be sacrificed as they are no longer in the “long term interest of the company”. Many of us have contributed to the discussions during the product design and testing stages. To be repaid in this manner is quite disappointing after many of us had personally vouched for LH products to friends, families, and trade shows.

• December 16, 2015 at 6:17 pm #17346
    lo_tse
    Participant

Well, LH Labs said mine will be shipped in January, let’s see what happens. What bother me was the comment that Gavin made :
    “……………….if we get the devices into the channel too late, the product fizzles out………….” The reason that the devices get into the channel too late is because their production capability cannot handle the volume. Others and I have commented way back that LH Labs spreads themselves too thin. They do not have enough resources to do all the stuffs that they promote. As a result everything got delayed. And yet, they keep doing it. I am glad that I stayed away from the Wave.

• December 16, 2015 at 7:31 pm #17347
    Benjamin
    Participant

I stopped caring a while ago. I’d just like to see my DAC.

• December 16, 2015 at 11:07 pm #17350
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Well I was told my infinity would be one of the batch that was due to go out early December. I haven’t heard anything about it setting off so I presume this was either incorrect information or there has been another hold up.

• December 17, 2015 at 6:26 am #17351
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

Well, LH Labs said mine will be shipped in January, let’s see what happens.

Ya I was told end of November for my order, then mid December, then end of December, and now it is January. I wouldn’t hold your breath…

• December 17, 2015 at 12:10 pm #17354
    JohnTitor
    Participant

I already have my infinity, but I commiserate with those backers who do not have their units yet. I think that it ROYALLY SUCKS that retail buyers will be receiving units before all of the campaign backers do. I don’t give a squat that retail buyers are paying more. Campaign backers gave LH Labs their money long before the product was completed and shipping. In spite of this, and apparently due to paying less for their units LH Labs seems happy to give them the middle finger. This does not inspire loyalty from the group that demonstrated a huge amount of trust and support for the company.

Bad move, LH Labs… Bad move. Unfortunately, this is not the first time they have done this. <thumbs down> :-(

J.P.

I am also unhappy with the attitude. When I question LH the answer was international customers were to be delayed to first have feedback from the US field and avoid returns. Not sure if that was the case. Anyway, unhappy for the delay.

Yeah… There are contradicting stories here:

LHlabs’ message to backer : “Be the first to get this amazing futureproof product! We promise! ”

LHlabs’ internal meeting notes: “We have to get this to market before it gets obsolete! We already have the backers’ money. So… why not?”

Really sucks that early adopters get the small end of the stick. I know it’s not even an option, but I’d be happy with a refund right now.

• December 17, 2015 at 5:17 pm #17356
    lo_tse
    Participant

Yeah… There are contradicting stories here:

LHlabs’ message to backer : “Be the first to get this amazing futureproof product! We promise! ”

LHlabs’ internal meeting notes: “We have to get this to market before it gets obsolete! We already have the backers’ money. So… why not?”

Really sucks that early adopters get the small end of the stick. I know it’s not even an option, but I’d be happy with a refund right now.

[/quote]

To be honest, my enthusiasm for the Pulse DAC has waned. At this point in time, I believe there are DACs at comparable price point that can deliver the same if not better performance and value. Come to think about it, I do not mind foregoing my Pulse 2.0 and let LH Labs put my DAC “into the channel”. I am willing just to get back my pledge + shipping charge and let LH Labs sell the DAC at full price. Actually, this is a good solution – LH Labs can relieve the pressure on the Production group and I do not have to wait anymore. I am not being sarcastic and am serious about it. So Gavin, what do you think?

• December 17, 2015 at 5:50 pm #17357
    JohnTitor
    Participant

I’d be happy with that also, if I can get a refund for my unused LPS 1.0.

• December 21, 2015 at 6:04 pm #17369
    zerstorer
    Participant

Frankly I am very unhappy at how all this has turned out. All that wait has killed off any enthusiasm for both the Pulse Infinity and Geek wave that I have backed. In the years that we have been kept waiting, other new more compelling products have been launched. Like others here i have an original LPS sitting in a box which is now covered with dust. To see units going out to retail before all the backers received their units is totally in bad taste. What kind of positive marketing impact did you hope to achieve pushing a few units to amazon, compared to the hundreds of grousing backers you have on the forums all over the world. Just in my local tech forum you have one entire thread filled with grouses of backers who have sworn off LHlabs for good. Those looking for feedback and reviews will be put off simply by the first few results they get on google. I do sincerely hope there are no more delays going forward.

• December 21, 2015 at 6:51 pm #17370
    lo_tse
    Participant

Checked Amazon a few days ago and it said there are 5 Pulse Infinity DAC left in stock and more on its way. Just check now and the stock has increased to 14. Look like LH Labs is gearing up for a big sale and keep stocking the Amazon store. I start to worry that the January delivery that LH Labs “promised” may not materialized.

• December 21, 2015 at 7:00 pm #17371
    zerstorer
    Participant

Ok that is simply outrageous. I would have thought after the previous posts regarding the amazon release Gavin would have gotten the message. Now it seems that they went ahead and released more units to amazon while keeping backers waiting.

So what is the status on fulfillment? When are backers going to have their units in hand? Before this Christmas or next?

• December 22, 2015 at 2:52 pm #17385
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

I honestly never would have waited for a chassis 2.0 model had I know the wait was going to be 9 extra months. I was told when I got to choose which model that it would only be a 2-3 week delay. Here we are 8 months later with promises of next month…

• December 22, 2015 at 3:00 pm #17386
    mikejazz
    Participant

I honestly never would have waited for a chassis 2.0 model had I know the wait was going to be 9 extra months. I was told when I got to choose which model that it would only be a 2-3 week delay. Here we are 8 months later with promises of next month…

Exactly. LH is eroding the trust we put in the by the day…
    Now I hope the Pulse comes off with no major bugs and performs as expected…

• December 24, 2015 at 7:27 am #17411
    lo_tse
    Participant

Did anyone receive an email from LH Labs saying that the recent batch of PCBs for X-Infinity received did not pass their in-house QC/QA and needed to be reordered, expect another few more weeks delay? So I guess the January delivery that was “scheduled” is out of the window now.

This is not the first time (PCB issues). What I do not understand is that all the necessary steps should have been taken to stop this from recurring after the last incident. Besides, why would the PCBs be ordered in separate small batches instead of one large lot. It is much cheaper and the QC/QA is a lot easier to deal with one lot. The more I think about it, the more I am puzzled.

OK, since we are pretty much at the end of this “adventure”, there should be sufficient visibility at this point for LH Labs to provide a delivery date with confidence. So, while you guys at LH Labs are enjoying yourselves at the Christmas party today, please review your schedule and get us information regarding delivery. Let’s get it over and done with.

• December 24, 2015 at 8:22 am #17412
    Tomscrut
    Participant

I got that email too. Given that I was told I was in the early December batch I can hardly say I was amused.

We only reason I can think they would buy them in batches is for cash flow. But given they have had some of our money over two years now surely cash flow shouldn’t be an issue…

• December 24, 2015 at 3:36 pm #17415
    zerstorer
    Participant

This is not the first time this reason was given. I remembered bad pcb batch was also quoted for the delay some months back. This continued cycle of supply chain issues is very worrying, not to mention the consistency and QC of their suppliers. Moreover it is indeed very strange to have PCB boards delivered in batches when you should already have the numbers from backers.

• December 24, 2015 at 3:44 pm #17416
    Gavin FishGavin Fish
    Keymaster

This is not the first time this reason was given. I remembered bad pcb batch was also quoted for the delay some months back. This continued cycle of supply chain issues is very worrying, not to mention the consistency and QC of their suppliers. Moreover it is indeed very strange to have PCB boards delivered in batches when you should already have the numbers from backers.

Supply chain management has indeed been very difficult for us. No denying that. One of the primary tasks of our advisory board is to help us fix that problem.

We have PCB boards delivered in batches for two reasons, but the most important one is that impedance characteristics have to be tightly controlled. Our suppliers build them in small numbers to better monitor that. It’s not the best reason in the world, but that’s the case.

• December 24, 2015 at 6:27 pm #17418
    lo_tse
    Participant

@Gavin,

With this delay factored into your schedule, please provide us with a delivery date for the remaining 25% of the X-Infinity. You should have enough visibility to do that at this point in time.

• January 6, 2016 at 6:29 pm #17445
    lo_tse
    Participant

Please, can someone form LH Labs provide a projected date of shipment of the my X-Infinity 2.0, and an update on how things are coming along. The holidays are long over and we are in 2016 already.

• January 7, 2016 at 10:53 am #17449
    LH_StephanieLH_Stephanie
    Participant

Please, can someone form LH Labs provide a projected date of shipment of the my X-Infinity 2.0, and an update on how things are coming along. The holidays are long over and we are in 2016 already.

Hi Lo_Tse,

Being that you contributed during the last few days of the 2014 campaign you are near the end of the shipping queue. When your unit is ready to ship you will receive a tracking number. A target timeline will be provided from our production department when boards arrive in our facility and pass our test [since the previous batch did not pass]. Hang in there, we will definitely update when we have the information. :-)

Best Wishes,
    Stephanie
    Customer Happiness Agent

• January 7, 2016 at 7:20 pm #17455
    lo_tse
    Participant

Hi Lo_Tse,

Being that you contributed during the last few days of the 2014 campaign you are near the end of the shipping queue. When your unit is ready to ship you will receive a tracking number. A target timeline will be provided from our production department when boards arrive in our facility and pass our test [since the previous batch did not pass]. Hang in there, we will definitely update when we have the information. :-)

Stephanie,

If you re-read my message, you should realized that I was asking for information/update regarding shipping of the DAC, Whatever you wrote I know it already. I know I am at the end of the queue and I am not asking for “jumping the queue”. I felt offended when I read your message. Your message basically said you have no clue when will the DAC be ready, shipping will resume whenever it is ready, but do not know when, just shut up and wait. I can understand that you may not have the information and you could just tell me you will find out more and let me know later. I realized that LH Labs does not treat us (the “backers”) as “real customers” since we do not pay full price. However, from my perspective, I look at myself and other backers as your “true” customers. As customers, we deserved to be treated with respect and honesty.

Let me quote part of the message that Larry and Team sent me just before X’mas:

“…………….You are receiving this email because we just received PCBs from our assembly factory but according to our internal quality standard, this whole batch of board are not qualified. Needless to say this has caused a delay in shipping, and we already contacted another reliable PCB assembly factory to restart the work of this batch. We wanted to personally inform you of this matter, while production does everything in their power to resolve this issue in a timely manner. The expected impact of delivery schedule will be four weeks. Again, we want to express our gratitude for your patience. We will restart the Infinity DAC shipping towards the end of January…………………..”

So, Larry said the impact of the bad PCBs will be 4 weeks. And the estimated shipping date for my DAC provided by LH Labs previously was late January 2016. How can you not be able to give me a revised projected date of shipping???

I felt that most of the backers that are still waiting for delivery kind of giving up already. That’s why they do not even bother posting in this forum anymore. But I have decided to hang in here, just to keep you guys “on your toes” in keeping your promise.

• January 8, 2016 at 8:06 am #17458
    LH_StephanieLH_Stephanie
    Participant

Hi Lo_Tse,

Stephanie,

If you re-read my message, you should realized that I was asking for information/update regarding shipping of the DAC, Whatever you wrote I know it already. I know I am at the end of the queue and I am not asking for “jumping the queue”. I felt offended when I read your message. Your message basically said you have no clue when will the DAC be ready, shipping will resume whenever it is ready, but do not know when, just shut up and wait. I can understand that you may not have the information and you could just tell me you will find out more and let me know later. I realized that LH Labs does not treat us (the “backers”) as “real customers” since we do not pay full price. However, from my perspective, I look at myself and other backers as your “true” customers. As customers, we deserved to be treated with respect and honesty.

Let me quote part of the message that Larry and Team sent me just before X’mas:

“…………….You are receiving this email because we just received PCBs from our assembly factory but according to our internal quality standard, this whole batch of board are not qualified. Needless to say this has caused a delay in shipping, and we already contacted another reliable PCB assembly factory to restart the work of this batch. We wanted to personally inform you of this matter, while production does everything in their power to resolve this issue in a timely manner. The expected impact of delivery schedule will be four weeks. Again, we want to express our gratitude for your patience. We will restart the Infinity DAC shipping towards the end of January…………………..”

So, Larry said the impact of the bad PCBs will be 4 weeks. And the estimated shipping date for my DAC provided by LH Labs previously was late January 2016. How can you not be able to give me a revised projected date of shipping???

I felt that most of the backers that are still waiting for delivery kind of giving up already. That’s why they do not even bother posting in this forum anymore. But I have decided to hang in here, just to keep you guys “on your toes” in keeping your promise.

I’m sorry that you felt offended and that you assumed that I was telling you to “shut up and wait”, as I mentioned in my response when we have information we will provide the update. I felt that I was being honest by not giving you a timeline. I wouldn’t want to give you another date without knowing all the information first, that would definitely cause more frustration. At this time we just need to hand tight until the boards are here and are tested. :-)

Best Wishes,
    Stephanie
    Customer Happiness Agent

• January 8, 2016 at 6:00 pm #17459
    lo_tse
    Participant

Stephanie,

Again, you did not address my questions. So are you telling me that the information that Larry sent us are incorrect (4 weeks delay) ? And the projected delivery date previously provided to me (sometime in January) was also incorrect? If so, please answer directly. Also, I am assuming that wrapping up the X-Infinity campaign is still LH Lab’s priority based on the Gavin’s comments in an earlier post in this thread (#16864). Again, if this is not the case, you should let us know.

Your reply is incomprehensible. presumably, LH Labs reordered the PCB from another supplier (according to the message that Larry sent us) and you guys have no idea when will these boards be delivered? Didn’t you guys ask for a delivery date or the supplier cannot provide one? How can it be? Or have the boards actually been reordered?

The backers are reasonable persons and we understand that unexpected things can happen and things get delayed. I was upset when I received the message from Larry about the delay. Although I did not buy into Gavin’s explanation, I grudgingly accept that there will be another 4 week delay. But then when I posted the question on delivery timeline here 2 days ago. The answer I got was “we do not know”. LH Labs may not have the exact date but must have a pretty good idea since you have been doing this for a while now. Your answer made me feel that LH Labs is either hiding something or has no control of your production.

OK, let me ask a different question which I think your Production team must have an answer to – how long will it take to finish the remaining batch of the X-Infinity 2.0 (~130 based on the last Production update) if LH Labs receive the PCBs next Monday Feb 8?

• January 11, 2016 at 8:08 am #17470
    LH_StephanieLH_Stephanie
    Participant

Stephanie,

Again, you did not address my questions. So are you telling me that the information that Larry sent us are incorrect (4 weeks delay) ? And the projected delivery date previously provided to me (sometime in January) was also incorrect? If so, please answer directly. Also, I am assuming that wrapping up the X-Infinity campaign is still LH Lab’s priority based on the Gavin’s comments in an earlier post in this thread (#16864). Again, if this is not the case, you should let us know.

Your reply is incomprehensible. presumably, LH Labs reordered the PCB from another supplier (according to the message that Larry sent us) and you guys have no idea when will these boards be delivered? Didn’t you guys ask for a delivery date or the supplier cannot provide one? How can it be? Or have the boards actually been reordered?

The backers are reasonable persons and we understand that unexpected things can happen and things get delayed. I was upset when I received the message from Larry about the delay. Although I did not buy into Gavin’s explanation, I grudgingly accept that there will be another 4 week delay. But then when I posted the question on delivery timeline here 2 days ago. The answer I got was “we do not know”. LH Labs may not have the exact date but must have a pretty good idea since you have been doing this for a while now. Your answer made me feel that LH Labs is either hiding something or has no control of your production.

OK, let me ask a different question which I think your Production team must have an answer to – how long will it take to finish the remaining batch of the X-Infinity 2.0 (~130 based on the last Production update) if LH Labs receive the PCBs next Monday Feb 8?

I’m sorry that you felt I didn’t answer your question. As I have mentioned before, when we have updated information we can provide it. Since there is no updated information there is nothing further we can provide you. The last update is the most up to date information. If you like I can post that update here?

Your question about how long it will take to finish the Infinity batches is up to when the boards arrive and are tested. If boards test well and there are no further issues, than it would be sooner than later. However, if you would like for me to throw out a date that is incorrect I won’t do that. As you mentioned you has to grudgingly accept the 4 week delay and although it may be frustrating, waiting is what we have to do . There is nothing that can be changed about it at this time, if there was I would have it changed in a heart beat. But at this point we are just beating a dead horse. I’m sorry that nothing I say is acceptable to you but this is what it is, all we can ask if for your continued patience as we wait for boards to arrive.

Best Wishes,
    Stephanie
    Customer Happiness Agent

• January 11, 2016 at 8:59 am #17471
    JohnTitor
    Participant

Sorry to nitpick, but please don’t talk about the delays in batches like that. If you look at the whole picture, this isn’t a four week delay. Just saying.

It frustrates me when you say that nothing can be done. Just complete the sale with Amazon, and have them ship units to backers. It would work out in your favor (in terms of signaling number of sales and positive feedback to the Amazon algorithm). You have unsold units ready, waiting in a warehouse right now.

Figure out the accounting on your side, but it could easily be argued that increasing your Amazon reputation would be a great move for LHlabs, marketing-wise. Happy backers, more registered sale on Amazon, positive feedback, etc. Imagine, instead of 15 units in stock, you could have 17 units sold, and a bunch of positive reviews. Might represent a small financial loss, but it could work out in your favor in the end.

Would you consider this?

• January 11, 2016 at 9:12 am #17472
    mikejazz
    Participant

Stephanie,

I’m sorry that you felt I didn’t answer your question. As I have mentioned before, when we have updated information we can provide it. Since there is no updated information there is nothing further we can provide you. The last update is the most up to date information. If you like I can post that update here?

Your question about how long it will take to finish the Infinity batches is up to when the boards arrive and are tested. If boards test well and there are no further issues, than it would be sooner than later. However, if you would like for me to throw out a date that is incorrect I won’t do that. As you mentioned you has to grudgingly accept the 4 week delay and although it may be frustrating, waiting is what we have to do . There is nothing that can be changed about it at this time, if there was I would have it changed in a heart beat. But at this point we are just beating a dead horse. I’m sorry that nothing I say is acceptable to you but this is what it is, all we can ask if for your continued patience as we wait for boards to arrive.

Hi Stophanie,

sorry but i will chime in because I am in the same boat.
    The OP question was not about date really, but about duration., which is an important distinction.

It’s very reasonal to expect that you can present us an information like this, for example:
    – if the boards arrive in good condition, having all the materials at hand we are able to process the open orders in XX days.

Theses XX days are dependent only of your internal capability (and of course production planning and priorities); for that is reasonable than you start to act using a different atittude with a strong sense of commitment.

I will second the OP, I wonder how many days do you need to process my order…and again, it would be useful if you could update that info in the information pdf’s – longtime ago requested on a ticked and agreed by you…

• January 11, 2016 at 7:46 pm #17474
    lo_tse
    Participant

Stephanie,

I’m sorry that you felt I didn’t answer your question.

You did not answer any of my questions raised in post #17459! For your benefit, I am putting some of them here again:

“So are you telling me that the information that Larry sent us are incorrect (4 weeks delay) ? And the projected delivery date previously provided to me (sometime in January) was also incorrect? If so, please answer directly. Also, I am assuming that wrapping up the X-Infinity campaign is still LH Lab’s priority based on the Gavin’s comments in an earlier post in this thread (#16864). Again, if this is not the case, you should let us know. ” and

“……………………………………….. and you guys have no idea when will these boards be delivered? Didn’t you guys ask for a delivery date or the supplier cannot provide one? How can it be? Or have the boards actually been reordered?”

You totally avoid answering them !! Why are you “stone walling” us?

Your question about how long it will take to finish the Infinity batches is up to when the boards arrive and are tested. If boards test well and there are no further issues, than it would be sooner than later. However, if you would like for me to throw out a date that is incorrect I won’t do that.

Please re-read that post (# 17459) – nowhere in that post that I was pushing you for a delivery date!! I know you (LH Labs) will not provide any dates , that’s why I did not even bother to ask for it. What is sooner and what is later, please don’t be vaque. By the way, what if the boards arrived and tested bad again, what next then? Are you serious that LH Labs did not put in place any measure to prevent the same thing from happening again? No risk mitigating measures at all?

As you mentioned you has to grudgingly accept the 4 week delay and although it may be frustrating, waiting is what we have to do . There is nothing that can be changed about it at this time, if there was I would have it changed in a heart beat.

I grudgingly accept the 4 week’s delay because Larry said it was 4 weeks!!! Not “I do not know when”. I am not asking you guys to change anything, I am asking for information regarding the current situation. I asked those questions because I want to understand the causes behind this extended/drawn out delays and what kind of problems and issues that LH Labs is facing.

But at this point we are just beating a dead horse. I’m sorry that nothing I say is acceptable to you but this is what it is, all we can ask if for your continued patience as we wait for boards to arrive.

I am not trying to be mean or hostile, but you did not reply to any of the questions that I raised! By not doing that, you did not address the customer’s concerns. The backers can be patient if you can give use something to wait for. Let’s be fair, all the backers have been extremely patient, we have been waiting for more than 1 year! How long do we have to wait further?
    At this point I am really frustrated and frankly, felt betrayed. We participated in the campaign way back when because we believed in LH Labs. But at this point, I am totally disappointed.

OK, can you or someone in LH Labs provide us with a weekly update posting here from now on. If no progress has been made in that week, just mention it e.g. “still waiting for the boards to arrive”. I think this is the least that LH Labs can do and it is not difficult.

• January 18, 2016 at 6:39 am #17500
    Z
    Participant

Please LH give us some updated info on ininity’s shipment schedule. Hard truth is better than silence .

• January 18, 2016 at 12:17 pm #17506
    LH_GinaLH_Gina
    Participant

We are still awaiting boards to arrive in house.

Gina Stewart
    Customer Happiness Agent
    LH Labs

• January 21, 2016 at 3:47 pm #17524
    Participant

I am happy using my GeekOut 450 with my Bose Companion 2 II speakers and Audio-Technica ATH-R70X headphones. Am I missing much since my Infinity seems to be very late for school?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by .
  • January 21, 2016 at 5:04 pm #17527
    lo_tse
    Participant

I am happy using my GeekOut 450 with my Bose Companion 2 II speakers and Audio-Technica ATH-R70X headphones. Am I missing much since my Infinity seems to be very late for school?

Don’t worry, you did not miss anything. It will be a while since any progress will be made in the Infinity front (see Gina’s post above). Let’s pray that the boards will test OK when it arrive.

Meanwhile, enjoy what you have right now.

• January 28, 2016 at 11:56 am #17535
    Larry HoLarry Ho
    Keymaster

Hi, everyone

We just made an update for the last batch of Pulse Infinity. We found the issues for previous PCB Assembly house. And we have a new vendor doing the better process now.

Really thanks for your patience. But we need to make sure each board has pass our criteria.

Thanks,

• February 4, 2016 at 2:40 pm #17658
    DVass13
    Participant

Any update on expected delivery date? or when the new PCB’s will be delivered? or really anything? It would be nice to have some sort of update on at least a weekly basis, even if it’s just to report that you’re still waiting. I’d feel much better having regular reports than absolutely nothing.

• February 4, 2016 at 6:34 pm #17662
    lo_tse
    Participant

Someone from LH Labs please update us on the progress. I am quoting Larry’s message:

“………So we will resume the full speed of the production of this last batch. Three weeks from now, we will get the big batch of final assembled PCBs. And ship out speed will go back on track. ”

So the shipping of the finished product will resume in two week’s time? Are you guys on schedule?

• February 13, 2016 at 7:09 am #17700
    lo_tse
    Participant

Please do not neglect us. Can someone from LH Labs give an update on the progress.

• February 16, 2016 at 2:06 pm #17725
    jaywhar
    Participant

Any word on the new boards? It’s been 21 days since Larry’s last update where he said the populated PCBs were expected in 3 weeks….

• February 16, 2016 at 3:19 pm #17726
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

Any word on the new boards? It’s been 21 days since Larry’s last update where he said the populated PCBs were expected in 3 weeks….

There was an update about a week or two ago that said the boards were in and tested 100%, and production would be starting up again.

But I am really getting irritated with this. I understand and do want a quality product of course, but the number of backers was known long ago. Why are PCBs still being ordered in small batch quantities and why can the manufacturers still not get the quality done properly?
    I seriously would have taken a gen 1 chassis if I had known the “only 2 week delay at most” would have ended up being a whole year of waiting.

• February 16, 2016 at 5:54 pm #17728
    lo_tse
    Participant

The thing that really irritates me was that LH Labs sent me an invoice back in September asking for shipping charge, knowing that my DAC will not be available till early January. Why? After paying over a thousand dollar for the DAC, for sure I am not going to throw it away by not paying the shipping charge.

LH Labs has been criticized for the longest time for not communicating with backers. Now that only a small group of backers of the Pulse remained unfulfilled, LH Labs can carry on with this “tradition” to their hearts content.

• February 16, 2016 at 6:17 pm #17729
    DVass13
    Participant

At this point, I feel like they should throw in an extra cable or even a GOV2 as a gift for our long wait. I think we’re into month 27 of waiting now. I’m living in my fourth different city since I backed this thing. I wonder how many more I’ll live in before it finally arrives…

• February 16, 2016 at 6:49 pm #17730
    jcookejcooke
    Participant

I wonder if they learnt what other companies have – that if they invoice you upfront from a shelf company in Ireland then send the money to a shelf company in the Netherlands back through Ireland to the Netherlands then finally into an account in Bahamas where they use the funds to play the short term financial markets. It is a lot more profitable than actually making stuff. And a lot easier than dealing with customers. :-)

• February 16, 2016 at 7:16 pm #17731
    lo_tse
    Participant

At this point, I feel like they should throw in an extra cable or even a GOV2 as a gift for our long wait. I think we’re into month 27 of waiting now. I’m living in my fourth different city since I backed this thing. I wonder how many more I’ll live in before it finally arrives…

@DVASS13,

Boy, you have been waiting long!! You should be on the top of the shipping list?? I backed at the end of the campaign, so I expect to be among the last group to receive the DAC (never expect to wait this long though). I am at the 13th month mark.

• February 16, 2016 at 9:15 pm #17732
    Z
    Participant

There is a full updated table of ”shipping status” posted on the geek source indiegogo page. Why there? Don’t ask me. Even LH labs forgot about its own forum I guess.
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-source-the-ultimate-hd-music-server#/updates
    Concerning pulses the update states that the remaining shipment shall/may be finished by the fourth week of march.

I am myself at the 21th month mark…

• February 17, 2016 at 1:47 am #17733
    Tomscrut
    Participant

I am at about 26 months, it was mid December 2013 I ordered mine!

Thing is, arent these circuit boards the same as in the VI DAC SS? So surely there is an element of bulk buying here anyway?

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Tomscrut.
  • February 17, 2016 at 1:51 am #17735
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Concerning pulses the update states that the remaining shipment won’t be finished by the fourth week of march.

Corrected it for you 😛

• February 17, 2016 at 3:12 am #17736
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

There is a full updated table of ”shipping status” posted on the geek source indiegogo page. Why there? Don’t ask me. Even LH labs forgot about its own forum I guess.
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-source-the-ultimate-hd-music-server#/updates
    Concerning pulses the update states that the remaining shipment shall/may be finished by the fourth week of march.

I am myself at the 21th month mark…

Thanks for that post. Sadly, it says 180 Infinity units remaining to ship, and I don’t think the batch of PCBs that came in was 180+ from what it sounds like. I am “only” on 16 months of waiting, so that means I will probably have to wait till a whole nother batch is purchased… }:(

• February 18, 2016 at 12:18 am #17744
    mikejazz
    Participant

voice you upfront from a shelf company in Ireland then send the money to a shelf company in the Netherlands back through Ireland to the Netherlands then finally into an account in Bahamas where they use the funds to play the short term financial markets. It is a lot more profitable than actually maki

A long time has passed so I made a suggestion to them, to be offered an option to upgrade to a Vidac, that I thought at this moment would fit my needs more.
    Their attitude was showing me the list price and the mrsp. Guys, this says a lot. They don’t feel any regrets at all for this situation…I would’t expect any simpaty….

• February 18, 2016 at 2:30 pm #17757
    ghiglie
    Participant

Same here, I’ve been told I’m the second batch of Infinities.
    Quite a shame, when the Pulse will get here, it will be almost on EOL – btw, with same money and time, I could have done a better DIY solution…

• February 25, 2016 at 5:10 am #17785
    lo_tse
    Participant

Hi, Larry,

Please provide update on the progress. The end of February is almost here, will the shipping of the last batch of the X-Infinity take place in March, as mentioned in your previous update?

• February 29, 2016 at 5:06 pm #17808
    JohnTitor
    Participant

I’m also wondering what the deal is. Any good news, guys?

Just read this : https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-mining-company-butterfly-labs-settles-case-with-federal-trade-commission-for-m-1456419270

Sort of made me think of our situation…

• March 1, 2016 at 10:22 am #17810
    JohnTitor
    Participant

We are in March now. Could we please have an update? Please!

• March 1, 2016 at 10:23 am #17811
    JohnTitor
    Participant

Am I the only one waiting?

It’s been a long time, now. Way past two years… are we going to get to 2 1/2 years?

• March 1, 2016 at 11:46 am #17812
    DVass13
    Participant

Am I the only one waiting?

It’s been a long time, now. Way past two years… are we going to get to 2 1/2 years?

Join the club. Yepp, it’s been over two years. At this point the warranties have already expired and I’ve made several other purchases. I’ve moved up from some pretty cheap Audio Technicas to the Hifiman HE-1000 in the time I’ve been waiting. I’m starting to wonder now IF these things will ship rather than WHEN .

• March 3, 2016 at 3:43 am #17818
    drone9drone9
    Participant

Can someone please give us a short update whether you have received a sufficient number of PCBs and where you are in production? What is your current estimate when units are realistically going to ship?

Lack of communication does not make this any better.

• March 3, 2016 at 3:48 am #17819
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Yeah it would be nice to know if the plan has been put back again or whether it might actually be the end of March….

• March 3, 2016 at 4:03 am #17820
    drone9drone9
    Participant

Just noticed that their ‘Overall Campaign Shipping Status Update, December 5 2015’ postet in ‘Announcements’ has been updated on February 10. There it says ‘Week 4 of March’. Why the title of the post does not reflect the date of the latest update and why it is not pinned to the top of Announcements I don’t know.

http://lhlabs.com/forum/topic/overall-campaign-shipping-status-update-december-5-2015/

• March 3, 2016 at 4:19 am #17821
    Tomscrut
    Participant

I find it odd how I am in the last 25% of backers even though I have been waiting so long for it! I thought there were a load of new backers in 2014 and 2015?

• March 3, 2016 at 5:05 am #17822
    JohnTitor
    Participant

I find it odd how I am in the last 25% of backers even though I have been waiting so long for it! I thought there were a load of new backers in 2014 and 2015?

Same here… I’m one of the very first backers and still no DAC. It’s fucking bullshit.

I’ve never seen this level of service from an American company.

• March 3, 2016 at 5:06 am #17823
    Benjamin
    Participant

Oh wow, this is still happening? Eh, nothing new.

• March 3, 2016 at 5:44 am #17824
    Participant

I want it but I don’t need it. Want to sell it but not sure if I can. Still waiting…..

• March 3, 2016 at 5:49 am #17825
    Tomscrut
    Participant

I want it but I don’t need it. Want to sell it but not sure if I can. Still waiting…..

I don’t really need mine anymore. But I will find a use for it. It wont be worth enough to be worth selling I don’t think.

I suppose one point I am missing in my prior post, is I don’t know where I stand in the order for the new chassis. A lot of the people who have them already will have been on the old chassis. Which I wish I had gone for apart from the stupid screen firmware update not being possible on an original chassis.

• March 3, 2016 at 5:54 am #17826
    Participant

I don’t really need mine anymore. But I will find a use for it. It wont be worth enough to be worth selling I don’t think.

I suppose one point I am missing in my prior post, is I don’t know where I stand in the order for the new chassis. A lot of the people who have them already will have been on the old chassis. Which I wish I had gone for apart from the stupid screen firmware update not being possible on an original chassis.

The Geek Out 450 is doing a great job already and I am in the same boat. I don’t know where I am in the queue for Australian bound Geek Pulse X Infinities.

• March 3, 2016 at 3:06 pm #17831
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

We are continuing to ship Pulse X Infinity. Your warranty doesn’t start until the receive your Pulse. :-)

• March 3, 2016 at 4:54 pm #17833
    NightfishNightfish
    Participant

Wow, I’m impressed. Manny actually posted in the official LH Labs forum! His las post was on December 17, 2015 at 8:37 am. I thought only Larry is left in your company because nobody else seems to bother to reply to any questions.

Manny, how about you help out with all the questions from your backers in the other sections, such as the Wave or Source. Plenty of questions and people there that are ignored by LH Labs.

Curious if you will do it….

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Nightfish.
  • March 3, 2016 at 6:33 pm #17835
    DVass13
    Participant

We are continuing to ship Pulse X Infinity. Your warranty doesn’t start until the receive your Pulse. :-)

Can you expand on this a bit more? I hardly feel like “We are continuing to ship Pulse X Infinity” counts as an update at all. That’s the same thing you’ve said for over a year now. It’s been several weeks now since any substantive update from your team. How about a new commit date? How about a root cause for the delay and what your corrective action will be? How about some sort of accountability? Putting a smiley face at the end of a statement that has already been made (warranty not starting until the Pulse is received*) doesn’t make anything better.

*My comment about the warranty expiring before I receive the Pulse was a tongue-in-cheek comment about how long delivery is taking, not a serious concern that the warranty would actually be expired if I ever receive the unit. Remember, I’ve had two years to read the forums and FAQs to read that this issue has already been addressed…

Almost forgot the obligatory emoticon :) …. there, now everything is magically okay.

• March 4, 2016 at 9:07 am #17837
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

Okay NightFish,

I know we have been out of the forum for a bit, There were some major changes made (just moved in a location and got things up and running, New assembly house for production, and changes internally with staff). I will keep my head in the forum and try to answer as many questions as i can.

Let me jump in the Source and Wave questions.

• March 5, 2016 at 8:36 am #17849
    lo_tse
    Participant

Okay NightFish,

I know we have been out of the forum for a bit, There were some major changes made (just moved in a location and got things up and running, New assembly house for production, and changes internally with staff). I will keep my head in the forum and try to answer as many questions as i can.

Let me jump in the Source and Wave questions.

Manny,

Does it mean that Michael the newly appointed “forum manager” is gone too?

• March 7, 2016 at 8:40 am #17861
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

Yes that is correct. I am currently the Interim Forum Manager.
    Getting back to what we did best and talk to our backers. (at least that’s what I’m trying to do)

• March 10, 2016 at 5:49 pm #18005
    lo_tse
    Participant

Manny,

Is LHL shipping the last batch of Pulse X-Infinity V.2.0 this month?  By the way, I assume this last lot will have the most update software e.g. can play native DSD256 files?

Thanks!

• March 11, 2016 at 8:58 am #18018
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

Yes that is correct. The Pulse Infinity going out will be able to play DSD natively up to 256 on the Pure DSD firmware. Since we switched assembly houses due to a high failure rate, Our new house we want to smooth them into our QC process. So we will start with around 50 to 100 boards for them to populate and they must maintain a maximum of four failed boards (4% failure rate) so far, we are about 25 boards in and no failures with a in-depth listening test and power on off testing for USB connection issues. All boards have passed the AP test which includes all inputs and outputs on all gain levels and filters. Now it more of a stress test then anything.

• March 13, 2016 at 2:39 pm #18058
    rdsu
    Participant

What is the current delivery date?

• March 15, 2016 at 6:55 pm #18124
    lo_tse
    Participant

Manny,

It is mid March already, please provide some update on the shipping and/or progress of the production.  You have been great since your return to the forum, please keep it up.

• March 16, 2016 at 11:53 am #18131
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

Ok i will do my best, I see in production approx 25 boards that passed our AP testing. looks like they are now under listening and power cycle tests. I will work to get the shipping update,…updated with production.

• March 16, 2016 at 3:28 pm #18136
    lo_tse
    Participant

Manny,

Thank you!  Looking forward to see the Production update.

Regards,

• March 16, 2016 at 3:32 pm #18137
    lo_tse
    Participant

Looks like “Gavin the awesomifier ” jumped ship again.

Browsing thru IGG and found this campaign:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/inspire-5-huge-tv-sound-power-bass-in-new-design/x/9468558#/

Surprise, surprise, Gavin is here!!  Looks like Audio Engine is not exactly the place he wants to hang his hat??  In the story page of this campaign, it was mentioned that LH Labs is also behind this venture!

• March 16, 2016 at 4:35 pm #18139
    Benjamin
    Participant

What’s so surprising about that? I’m quite sure that appeared at least two or so months ago back in emails that were sent out.

• March 16, 2016 at 4:57 pm #18141
    lo_tse
    Participant

……… I’m quite sure that appeared at least two or so months ago back in emails that were sent out.

Well, you did not sound so sure.  You probably have mixed up Gavin’s move to Audio Engine that was mentioned in Head Fi forum back in December with this Elemental Audio venture.  I am surprised becausethe move only lasted 2-3 months.

Just curious, what emails are you talking about?  Were there emails send by LHL to backers about the departure of Gavin?  I did not receive anything.  Can you elaborate.

• March 16, 2016 at 7:24 pm #18143
    Benjamin
    Participant

The email I was referring to was the one I read about the soundbar from.

• March 16, 2016 at 9:54 pm #18145
    wingsounds13wingsounds13
    Participant

Is the Elemental Audio Inspire 5 soundbar not the same product posted about elsewhere in this very LH Labs forum?  I suspect that is may be just another division of Light Harmonic intended to separate it from the LH Labs market.

J.P.

• March 16, 2016 at 10:27 pm #18146
    ghiglie
    Participant

It’s being a bit OT, but EA looks like a joint venture in another project, I can’t see about what we should speculating more the there could some Pulse technology in it.

• March 17, 2016 at 1:19 pm #18154
    Z
    Participant

Is there a schindler list available for the 25  backers who will next receive their pulse infinity ?

• March 22, 2016 at 2:40 am #18180
    ghiglie
    Participant

This could be a nice moment for an update…! :)

• March 22, 2016 at 1:25 pm #18201
    JohnTitor
    Participant

Hi Manny,

Is there any way to know if we are on the list for the next 25? I’d love to know if I’m part of the next batch (I’ve been told that more than once, and it didn’t turn out to be true). Please keep in mind I am one of the international backers (I’m in Canada).

Is the team done doing quality control on them?

Best regards,

• March 25, 2016 at 12:09 am #18216
    Participant

I woke up this morning (Good Friday in Australia) to find a shipment email from LHLAbs for my Pulse Infinity X unit, 1G and 2G cables. Shipment is via DHL. I wonder how long it will take for the unit to reach me.

• March 25, 2016 at 12:51 am #18217
    ghiglie
    Participant

I woke up this morning (Good Friday in Australia) to find a shipment email from LHLAbs for my Pulse Infinity X unit, 1G and 2G cables. Shipment is via DHL. I wonder how long it will take for the unit to reach me.

I’m quite sure we will have to wait more than you! :)

• March 25, 2016 at 4:52 am #18218
    Tomscrut
    Participant

At least one of us is getting theirs soon!

• March 25, 2016 at 5:05 am #18219
    lo_tse
    Participant

“I woke up this morning (Good Friday in Australia) to find a shipment email from LHLAbs for my Pulse Infinity X unit, 1G and 2G cables. Shipment is via DHL. I wonder how long it will take for the unit to reach me.”

Glad to hear that some backers are receiving the DAC soon.  Just curious, how long is your wait has been?

• March 25, 2016 at 5:38 am #18220
    Participant

“ Just curious, how long is your wait has been?

December 14, 2013
    Geek Pulse DAC – Base unit
    Femto upgrade
    International shipping.

December 19, 2013
    Instant $1M Upgrade

December 27, 2013
    Upgrade to Geek Pulse S

December 26, 2014
    Geek Pulse Xfi Naked Resistors
    Upgrade Geek Pulse S to Geek Pulse X

December 27, 2014
    THD Performance Upgrade Pkg #4

February 6, 2015
    Pulse X∞ 2015 ESS DAC Upgrade

Thursday, March 24, 2016
    1     Shipment picked up     SACRAMENTO – MATHER, CA – USA     15:10
    2     Processed at SACRAMENTO – MATHER – USA     SACRAMENTO – MATHER, CA – USA     17:59
    3     Departed Facility in SACRAMENTO – MATHER – USA     SACRAMENTO – MATHER, CA – USA     18:13

Friday, March 25, 2016
    4     Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB – USA     CINCINNATI HUB, OH – USA     03:57
    5     Processed at CINCINNATI HUB – USA     CINCINNATI HUB, OH – USA     05:38

Estimated Delivery: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 By End of Day
    • This reply was modified 11 months ago by .
  • March 25, 2016 at 7:05 am #18224
    lo_tse
    Participant

Wow,  it has been a long journey for you!!  Well, looks like your X-Infinity will finally be with you before April Fools day!

My wait is about half of yours.  I suspect I am probably the last one :-(

• March 25, 2016 at 5:26 pm #18226
    Tomscrut
    Participant

“ Just curious, how long is your wait has been?

December 14, 2013 Geek Pulse DAC – Base unit Femto upgrade International shipping. December 19, 2013 Instant $1M Upgrade December 27, 2013 Upgrade to Geek Pulse S December 26, 2014 Geek Pulse Xfi Naked Resistors Upgrade Geek Pulse S to Geek Pulse X December 27, 2014 THD Performance Upgrade Pkg #4 February 6, 2015 Pulse X∞ 2015 ESS DAC Upgrade Thursday, March 24, 2016 1 Shipment picked up SACRAMENTO – MATHER, CA – USA 15:10 2 Processed at SACRAMENTO – MATHER – USA SACRAMENTO – MATHER, CA – USA 17:59 3 Departed Facility in SACRAMENTO – MATHER – USA SACRAMENTO – MATHER, CA – USA 18:13 Friday, March 25, 2016 4 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB – USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH – USA 03:57 5 Processed at CINCINNATI HUB – USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH – USA 05:38

Estimated Delivery: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 By End of Day

Good post. Good to hear I shouldn’t be far behind you having also ordered in Dec 2013 (yes over 2 years ago) and bought the upgrades as fast as they came. I might actually be looking forward to it arriving!

• March 26, 2016 at 7:31 pm #18231
    Participant

Email from DHL 27 March 2016 11.15 cleared Australian customs.

• March 28, 2016 at 3:36 pm #18236
    jaywhar
    Participant

still waiting on mine – original contribution on December 28, 2013. (Original estimated delivery date… April 30, 2014!)

• March 28, 2016 at 9:29 pm #18237
    Participant

The box is sitting on my office desk unopened. Can’t wait to go home to test it with my ATH-R70X headphones.

• March 28, 2016 at 11:24 pm #18238
    Tomscrut
    Participant

The box is sitting on my office desk unopened. Can’t wait to go home to test it with my ATH-R70X headphones.

Actually just looked up when I ordered mine, 15th of Dec 2013, so only the day after you! Hopefully that means mine will be very soon!

I don’t think UK customs are as efficient as yours though by the sounds of it….

• March 29, 2016 at 12:52 am #18239
    Alan
    Participant

Actually just looked up when I ordered mine, 15th of Dec 2013, so only the day after you! Hopefully that means mine will be very soon! I don’t think UK customs are as efficient as yours though by the sounds of it….

Wow, you are lucky. I backed in October 2013 and still no sign that I will receive mines anytime soon.

• March 29, 2016 at 1:05 am #18240
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Actually just looked up when I ordered mine, 15th of Dec 2013, so only the day after you! Hopefully that means mine will be very soon! I don’t think UK customs are as efficient as yours though by the sounds of it….

Wow, you are lucky. I backed in October 2013 and still no sign that I will receive mines anytime soon.

I arent lucky, mine hasnt shipped yet. I was hoping since ♫ had got theirs and ordered the day before me back in 2013 that I would be one of the next ones.

I thought the first order was what dictated the order? Or is it the order for the infinity upgrade? Or are they drawing them out of a hat?

• March 29, 2016 at 1:17 am #18241
    Benjamin
    Participant

October 2013. I fully expect mine to reach me some time around the heat death of the universe. 8)

• March 29, 2016 at 2:15 am #18242
    Participant

Testing it now. It does sound better than my Geek Out 450. It is in a sense quieter but clearer. I am not a audiophile so it is hard for me to describe it.

Firmware version:

MAIN 3.0

USB 1.0

MCU 1.27

I am having an issue where the Pulse stops responding after a few minutes of play and the PC switches to the built in sound card. Windows 10 Pro and using USB 2.0 port for data and USB 3.0 for power leg. I using the 2G LightSpeed cable and I have only 1 USB 2.0 port. I might switch to the 1G LightSpeed cable and see if I get the same issue.

Edit: It also came with the 1 year warranty leaflet. My Pulse is to have a 2 year warranty. I have already raised a ticket.

Edit 2:  I have also paired a Apple Remote with it.

Edit 5: I lowered the bit rate and used the 1G cable, the Pulse still stops working. My Geek Out doesn’t do this. I am going to raise a ticket!

• March 31, 2016 at 5:52 pm #18282
    lo_tse
    Participant

Hi, Manny

Would you please provide an update on the shipping.  March has come and gone.

• April 1, 2016 at 3:36 am #18284
    rdsu
    Participant

I’m also waiting for mine…

What a nightmare… :(

• April 1, 2016 at 8:45 am #18287
    mikejazz
    Participant

I created a support ticket and got a status. Deliver on w2 of April. So keep waiting…

• April 1, 2016 at 3:21 pm #18294
    lo_tse
    Participant

Well, I created a support ticket at the beginning of March and I was told my DAC would be shipped  on week 4th of March :-(

• This reply was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by lo_tse.
  • April 2, 2016 at 5:55 am #18296
    mikejazz
    Participant

Yes, it’s sad. A Company with so many great ideas, but with so poor execution…pitty.

• April 4, 2016 at 4:28 pm #18302
    Participant

Manny or Larry, could you please have a look at Support ticket 25910?
    After waiting so long for the Pulse, it is not working as expected. I have updated the ticket like a journal of the tests I did. I am back to my Geek Out 450 which is working flawlessly.

Thanks.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by .
  • April 4, 2016 at 4:48 pm #18304
    lo_tse
    Participant

Oh, no.  That’s not good.  By the way, does all X-Infinity come with a 2 year warranty?

• April 4, 2016 at 5:13 pm #18305
    Participant

My unit does come with a 2-year warranty because this base unit configuration was from the original campaign. This was one of the perks for reaching a funding milestone.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by .
  • April 6, 2016 at 6:20 pm #18319
    C
    Participant

Been waiting since Oct 2013, man, you guys are lucky to see the DAC.

• April 7, 2016 at 2:54 am #18320
    Participant

Downgraded the main firmware from Main 3.0 to 2.0 (2V0 to 1V5). Unit works now, but when I pass DSD128 files, it hangs and have to restart the PC and Pulse to restore knob or usb volume control.

• April 14, 2016 at 7:28 am #18378
    Participant

Received a new firmware 2V0 to test via the support ticket. I tested DSD64 and DSD128 via DOP -> works ok. Then I chose native ASIO in Foobar, the DSD64 and DSD128 works natively and the Pulse Display shows dsd64 and dsd128 (lower case). Still need to test with youtube and spotify and see when the the Pulse stays working like 1V5 firmware.

• April 14, 2016 at 7:47 am #18379
    JohnTitor
    Participant

I received my DAC last Friday. I’ll spare you the nonsensical audiophile words – it sounds great, I’m really satisfied.

I sometimes have issues with the DAC dropping out. Both with Roon and when streaming from a web browser (I know, it’s not ideal). Strangely, sound out of Netflix is stable. Anyways, I’m still not certain what is causing this (software, DAC, computer), so don’t take this to be a fault.

Manny, when do you think the new firmware will be stable enough for official release? Do you need more testers? I might be interested in testing.

• April 14, 2016 at 8:30 am #18380
    JonJon
    Participant

I also have some stuttering from the USB input but is more stable from Coax. One thing I find puzzling is how sensitive it is to static. Sometimes just as I am about to press the player button which is connected to one of the coax lines and also from my volume potentiometer I installed between the Pulse and the active speakers, I get a suddenly volume drop then back again. I have always wondered what is the ability of the Pulse to eliminate static when it’s in fact connected through a switching power supply as opposed to have an AC input and isolating transformer with the AC grounded onto the chassis. I also find the Geek Blue working extremely well with the Pulse. I don’t use the Blue SE output lines but that’s a different story.

I whish the DAC had an analog out.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Jon.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Jon.
  • April 14, 2016 at 12:12 pm #18383
    ss
    Participant

…I whish the DAC had an analog out.

Um, it does.  That’s the A (analog) part of DAC (digital to analog converter).  Are you wishing it had a line-level (no volume control) out?  Or am I just not understanding what you want?

Steve

• April 14, 2016 at 12:20 pm #18384
    JonJon
    Participant

…I whish the DAC had an analog out.

Um, it does. That’s the A (analog) part of DAC (digital to analog converter). Are you wishing it had a line-level (no volume control) out? Or am I just not understanding what you want? Steve

Sorry meant Analog Input just because I have plenty of sources that don’t output digital, hence I could have used those with the Pulse. As for the line level out, yeah that would have been nice, not sure I dig the var line out

• April 18, 2016 at 7:09 pm #18439
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

I get it, guys. And I appreciate your calm honesty. I’m still pushing to get all units out ASAP.

BS

• April 19, 2016 at 7:46 am #18440
    67GTO
    Participant

I have to agree with MIKEYFRESH..  My wait of  2 years, 4 months,2 days is disappointing but the fact that there are units available for sale and the sporadic email from LHL offering new things to buy is adding insult to injury.

At the very least they could update the shipping schedule.

• April 19, 2016 at 8:03 am #18441
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Yeah, the fact that there are 2 available for next day delivery on Amazon from LH Labs is disgraceful when they have had our money well over 2 years. Not to mention the 10 that Amazon have that they are selling at $900 less than LH are!

http://www.amazon.com/LH-Labs-LH-GP-GPX-INF-001-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B017VY2V18

• April 19, 2016 at 8:20 am #18442
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

And that Amazon situation has been going on for months now, my quote of GH’s post goes back to late 2015.

So really total BS in that post.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by MikeyFresh.
  • April 19, 2016 at 8:23 am #18444
    Tomscrut
    Participant

I know the Amazon thing has been going on ages, makes it even worse!

• April 24, 2016 at 9:39 pm #18478
    zerstorer
    Participant

Its already end of April. I would presume that all the problems with PCBs have been ironed out by now? 6mths is plenty for this.

So what is the current status? Is anything being shipped to backers? I noticed that Amazon seems to get restocked frequently.

• April 24, 2016 at 10:59 pm #18479
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Its already end of April. I would presume that all the problems with PCBs have been ironed out by now? 6mths is plenty for this. So what is the current status? Is anything being shipped to backers? I noticed that Amazon seems to get restocked frequently.

I was told W2 May for mine when I asked the other day. But I was also told a week in March back in Feb. Maybe the default answer is “whenever anyone asks plus three weeks!”

• April 28, 2016 at 3:50 pm #18522
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

I was told W2 May for mine when I asked the other day. But I was also told a week in March back in Feb. Maybe the default answer is “whenever anyone asks plus three weeks!”

Yep pretty much this :(

• May 3, 2016 at 7:41 am #18536
    Benjamin
    Participant

And another month ticks past…

• May 4, 2016 at 8:43 pm #18540
    wliucm
    Participant

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can’t imagine LH Labs selling that many GPs via Amazon. It’s time to divert some of those stocks and fulfill the backers’ orders. For every 5 you sell retail, divert one to backers and clear the queue already.

• May 4, 2016 at 8:47 pm #18541
    wliucm
    Participant

Where are the monthly reports on the site? Not that they are ever accurate…but it went from at least having some updates to the occasional email updates on one or two products. We NEED to know the status of GPX deliveries, development progress on the Wave, the HPA, the Source, the power amps…..

• May 6, 2016 at 10:10 pm #18544
    jtavan
    Participant

I’ve only been waiting 18 months. I don’t know why one might possibly think that a product would actually ship in such a short timeframe. Also, I suspect strongly that none of these units sell on Amazon, and they’re basically just paying Amazon for storage to show that they have a “viable product”.

• May 15, 2016 at 1:28 pm #18569
    wliucm
    Participant

aaaaand it’s officially mid-May, and we are still not worthy of a meaningful update (or any update, for that matter) of where things are with the handful of GPs that are owed to us backers. You’d think that by now they’d have enough time to hand-build these damn things if they wanted to.

• May 20, 2016 at 2:51 am #18596
    zerstorer
    Participant

The 3rd week of may has passed and my unit has yet to ship. This whole setup is starting to look like a ponzi scheme where only the initial 20% of backers get anything back.

• May 20, 2016 at 2:54 am #18597
    Tomscrut
    Participant

The 3rd week of may has passed and my unit has yet to ship. This whole setup is starting to look like a ponzi scheme where only the initial 20% of backers get anything back.

Yep looks like W2 may for mine was all lies as usual

• May 22, 2016 at 7:47 am #18599
    kecked
    Participant

I’m getting real ready to fly out there and snatch mine off larrys desk.  Yes please get this done already.  You have the new boards and sent them out to be populated.  You have the chassis.  Hire some kids to screw them together and then qc/ ship.

how the heck will you ever deal with supplying these commercially if you can’t even get 90 units out the door.

The next “new” chip is already on the way so obsolete before it even arrives. ( based on guess not news).

ive been real quiet please for your own sake get this done.  Think of it.  No more complaining people clogging up your support center.

• May 24, 2016 at 9:41 pm #18600
    Benjamin
    Participant

Well. Any updates?

• May 25, 2016 at 8:42 am #18601
    mikejazz
    Participant

good question….

their silence is now very noisy….at the end of April they told week 2 of May. We are now ending May…

It’s a sad sad story…

• May 26, 2016 at 5:29 pm #18603
    Participant

After having the Pulse X Infinity for just 2 months, I am sending it to Singapore today warranty purposes. Just waiting for the courier to show up.

• May 26, 2016 at 5:37 pm #18604
    lo_tse
    Participant

Oh, no!  That’s not good.  Hope you don’t mind me asking, what is the problem?

• May 27, 2016 at 4:56 am #18607
    Participant

Firmware 2V0… the unit stops working within 30 minutes (hangs).

Firmware 1V5… the unit works (with the known bugs in 1V5 already documented in head-fi).

LH Labs support cannot replicate the hanging issue.

• May 27, 2016 at 5:05 am #18608
    Tomscrut
    Participant

The worst thing is nobody from LH can even be bothered letting us know on here what is going on.

• May 27, 2016 at 6:21 am #18609
    DVass13
    Participant

It’s funny how there are dozens of comments on this thread asking for updates that receive absolutely no response, yet at soon as one comment (mine) makes a sarcastic comment with false information about the warranty they jump right in to correct it.

My comment: “Yepp, it’s been over two years. At this point the warranties have already expired and I’ve made several other purchases.”</span>

Manny’s reply: “We are continuing to ship Pulse X Infinity. Your warranty doesn’t start until the receive your Pulse.”</span>

Yet, when more people asked for clarification on when Pulses would be shipping it’s back to silence. I wonder if we would get any response if we all just flood their system with tickets asking for shipping updates.

• May 27, 2016 at 9:19 am #18610
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

I would hardly say i just jump in, Got in this morning and i have 8 notifications of this thread so here I am. Looks like i have about five Pulse X Infinity to ship out today.  No need to flood the ticket system with shipping updates that pretty much already happens. :-(

There is just no way around for me on this end. I would absolutely love to get all of this out the door (maybe i can go back to a regular schedule then). Why don’t we hire some kids to help and move this along you ask?

Yeah we did, dude we even put our kids to work as well. some interns and temps. Let’s just say it caused more issues then it solved. Believe me i want this so done….

I will go see what production and assembly have to say and get back to this thread.

• May 27, 2016 at 12:56 pm #18612
    Z
    Participant

Manny, nice to hear from you!

straight talk is all good.

Thanks

• June 1, 2016 at 7:36 am #18623
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

I would hardly say i just jump in, Got in this morning and i have 8 notifications of this thread so here I am. Looks like i have about five Pulse X Infinity to ship out today. No need to flood the ticket system with shipping updates that pretty much already happens. :-( There is just no way around for me on this end. I would absolutely love to get all of this out the door (maybe i can go back to a regular schedule then). Why don’t we hire some kids to help and move this along you ask? Yeah we did, dude we even put our kids to work as well. some interns and temps. Let’s just say it caused more issues then it solved. Believe me i want this so done…. I will go see what production and assembly have to say and get back to this thread.

5 units in 2 months is a pretty sad number though. At this rate the “last 90” will take well over a year to ever get to us.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by EniGmA1987.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 4 weeks ago by EniGmA1987.
    • August 19, 2016 at 3:39 am #19039
      LAEN
      Participant

I would hardly say i just jump in, Got in this morning and i have 8 notifications of this thread so here I am. Looks like i have about five Pulse X Infinity to ship out today. No need to flood the ticket system with shipping updates that pretty much already happens. :-( There is just no way around for me on this end. I would absolutely love to get all of this out the door (maybe i can go back to a regular schedule then). Why don’t we hire some kids to help and move this along you ask? Yeah we did, dude we even put our kids to work as well. some interns and temps. Let’s just say it caused more issues then it solved. Believe me i want this so done…. I will go see what production and assembly have to say and get back to this thread.

5 units in 2 months is a pretty sad number though. At this rate the “last 90” will take well over a year to ever get to us.

<span id=”result_box” class=”” lang=”en”><span class=””>I’ve seen</span> <span class=””>US</span> <span class=””>and</span> International backers on head-fi.org Pulse forum WHO have backed <span class=””>Pulse</span> <span class=””>in</span> 2014 and Received <span class=””>pulse</span> <span class=””>long</span> <span class=””>before</span> us who are early <span class=””>backers.</span></span>

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by LAEN.
  • June 7, 2016 at 12:44 am #18643
    Z
    Participant

Manny,

I guess you had time by now to talk to the ”production and assembly” people. Were you able to secure the shipment timeline for the last 85 units ?

ThX.

• June 7, 2016 at 3:59 pm #18649
    jaywhar
    Participant

Manny, I guess you had time by now to talk to the ”production and assembly” people. Were you able to secure the shipment timeline for the last 85 units ? ThX.

Yes please on this – a proactive update would be nice. On the indiegogo page Larry mentioned (12 days ago) that they expected to have the remaining units out in 6-8 weeks… so how’s it going?

• June 8, 2016 at 7:09 am #18650
    67GTO
    Participant

Manny, given that Larry responded to the questions in this thread in an entirely different website and there is a spreadsheet floating around  in this Forum somewhere and the idea that I sent in for a  weekly mass mailer to those of us waiting,  never had a response; Would it at least be possible to specify a LHL maintained location where we  can go to get updates?

I get the sense that we’re being considered “whiners”…but having waited  2 years, 5 months, 23 days,  I’m morbidly curious when or if I can expect delivery.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by 67GTO.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by 67GTO.
  • June 8, 2016 at 12:45 pm #18653
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

Yes the plan is still to finish shipping in the next four to five weeks. If we can maintain this pace i do believe we can do it.

Thank you,

• June 8, 2016 at 8:59 pm #18655
    jaywhar
    Participant

thanks Manny!

• June 9, 2016 at 6:22 pm #18664
    CT
    Participant

Hi Manny,

I would like you to confirm that I am still one of the unlucky supporters still waiting for my Infinity.

I would hate to have been overlooked after all this time …as I have not rec’d anything yet.

CT

• June 9, 2016 at 7:35 pm #18665
    TopQuark
    Participant

Hi Manny, I would like you to confirm that I am still one of the unlucky supporters still waiting for my Infinity. I would hate to have been overlooked after all this time …as I have not rec’d anything yet. CT

When did you place your order?

• June 10, 2016 at 9:04 am #18667
      CT
      Participant

I created ticket in response to your question…. I am not happy after 2 years of waiting completing numerous surveys …and you ask me when I placed my order

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by CT.
  • June 9, 2016 at 9:00 pm #18666
    Benjamin
    Participant

Now I’m starting to wonder if -I- was forgotten. I have a LH power supply sitting here doing nothing.

• June 10, 2016 at 10:15 am #18669
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

Got it CT, although i didn’t ask when you placed your order (i have all the orders in the backend) We should have this moving along.

Thank you,

• June 10, 2016 at 10:36 am #18673
    CT
    Participant

Manny…My apologies …..I thought it was you who replied but it was TopQuark.

then you should disregard the ticket too….just frustrated at the length of time to get my unit … I have an LPS that has been siting here idle (warranty expired?) for over a year?… I do not know if it works..nuthin to hook up too?

I assume I am in the last batch of 85?

• June 10, 2016 at 8:20 pm #18677
    Alan
    Participant

Hi Manny,

Most of us here have been waiting for well over two years. Even myself have been a backer since 2013. Can you give more details as to why insufficient attention from the team is being placed to close off the Pulse campaign and concrete steps on how this can be improved ASAP. I would feel that some sort of compensatory gesture from LHLabs in store (such as extending all warranty for 3 years and free light speed cables).

• June 11, 2016 at 12:49 am #18680
    Participant

As you some of you know, I had my version 2 case unit sent to Singapore for warranty purposes because the unit kept hanging within 30 minutes. The unit is on the latest firmware and I am using windows 10 on USB 2. LH Labs couldn’t replicate the issue, so off it went to Singapore.

The unit works OK with all the bugs known in the forums, on the previous firmware.

The unit was upgraded to the latest firmware when it was received in Singapore about a week ago.

Anyways just got a response from LH Labs that another mod needs to be done before they send it back to me repaired.

I am still waiting for the cost of sending the unit to Singapore reimbursed back to me.

• June 22, 2016 at 7:25 am #18757
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

Can we get an update on how many units are built now? It has been almost a month since you had 5 units ready to ship, and it has been half the time frame that was said last time before all units are supposed to have completed shipping. That should mean bare minimum that 45 more units are ready to go now…

• June 22, 2016 at 9:04 am #18758
    Tomscrut
    Participant

I got this email from them a few minutes ago in response to my ticket:

Hello Tom,
    Thank you for your time. The Production department are preparing the rest of the Infinities for shipment and should conclude by the end of this month into W2 July. You will receive a shipping notification with tracking info within a few weeks once your unit is ready to leave our facility.
    We appreciate your continued patience regarding this.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Tomscrut.
  • June 24, 2016 at 11:33 pm #18761
    zerstorer
    Participant

Last time I enquired they said it would conclude by end of this month. It seems like the formula for the reply is anything + 2 weeks.

• June 24, 2016 at 11:42 pm #18762
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Last time I enquired they said it would conclude by end of this month. It seems like the formula for the reply is anything + 2 weeks.

Yep, I said more or less the same thing back in April when I wanna told it was getting shipped in 3 weeks. I’m starting to think it will never come.

• June 28, 2016 at 6:19 am #18771
    Participant

My Pulse Infinity X has been repaired for nearly 2 weeks and it is still waiting to be sent back to me from Singapore. No one looks at the support tickets which I think they read once a week per ticket. My warranty is decreasing and my unused time with my Pulse is increasing.

• June 29, 2016 at 6:39 pm #18779
    kecked
    Participant

Only two weeks to go until w2 when they should all be sent out.  No notice on my end yet.  Feel like a kid waiting for morning on Christmas.

• July 4, 2016 at 11:09 am #18792
    wliucm
    Participant

Larry,

Can we get an update on where things are? If it takes you guys this long to deliver 90 units, how long can we be expect to wait for our Geek Waves, Source, HPA, Amps, etc? Why have we moved away from having access to a dashboard that tells us where things are? Is it so hard to include a Campaign section on the LH Labs website where backers can go to to get updates on the various campaigns? The alternative is either posting in the forum, which tends to get ignored, or sending in tickets, which I can only imagine is overwhelming your team.

• July 7, 2016 at 8:48 am #18803
    Participant

My Pulse Infinity X has been repaired for nearly 2 weeks and it is still waiting to be sent back to me from Singapore. No one looks at the support tickets which I think they read once a week per ticket. My warranty is decreasing and my unused time with my Pulse is increasing.

Got the Pulse back home today. Been listening to music and watching YouTube videos with it. Been stable so far. So, my Geek Out 450 is back into its Kickstarter stretch goal storage pouch.

• July 16, 2016 at 12:00 pm #18826
    Benjamin
    Participant

[Insert generic request for update here].

• July 18, 2016 at 11:21 pm #18838
    zerstorer
    Participant

Less than 2 weeks to go and still no shipping notification. I guess the end of July deadline for shipping of all outstanding units will just be another broken promise.

• July 18, 2016 at 11:37 pm #18839
    Tomscrut
    Participant

I was told week 2 of July not long ago. Needless to say that has been and gone.

• July 20, 2016 at 8:15 am #18840
    Case
    Participant

Yep, was told the same… December 2013 backer here.

• July 20, 2016 at 8:34 am #18841
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Yep, was told the same… December 2013 backer here.

I am too, only a cool 31 months now!

• July 20, 2016 at 1:18 pm #18844
    kecked
    Participant

10 days left in july…..

• July 25, 2016 at 10:07 am #18850
    kecked
    Participant

got survey for v2+ so making headway!  come on pulse infinity………..5 days and counting

• July 26, 2016 at 12:46 am #18852
    wliucm
    Participant

The fact that after 3 bleeping years they still haven’t got their order tracking system sorted and instead relying on survey after survey is just……marvelous.

• July 27, 2016 at 4:37 pm #18864
  • August 1, 2016 at 11:45 am #18874
    kecked
    Participant

august 1

yup

• August 1, 2016 at 3:12 pm #18877
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

Yep, well past Manny’s last update time frame and even now past Larry’s last update time frame over at Indiegogo.

Getting back to proper communication would be nice.

• August 2, 2016 at 4:31 am #18880
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Getting back to proper communication would be nice.

You mean the fobbing us off rather than just saying nothing? I personally am starting to doubt whether those of us who haven’t got them yet will ever get them.

• August 2, 2016 at 9:44 am #18881
    wliucm
    Participant

I’ve finally got my shipping notification July 29. *anxiously waiting*

• August 2, 2016 at 11:30 am #18882
    kecked
    Participant

Good to hear.  That’s what I expected.  They are coming out the door.  Thanks for the confirmation.  Hope mine comes soon.  We do need to remember that the infinity mod is all by hand and the more they take their time doing it the better the result will be.  I for one plan to keep telling myself this till it comes.  Guess I’ll dust off the lps4 box and make a space.  Truly this is the best news I’ve heard.

• August 3, 2016 at 2:08 pm #18890
    kuroda99
    Participant

Hello,

I am one of the original backers and upgraded to the Infinity.

And I am still waiting for my unit.  Glad to see someone is getting theirs shipped.

They promise they will be shipped end of May, then a delay

so end of June, then end of July….. I have waited several years like  the rest of you and

am just wondering if our unit will be out dated when we receive it.

and what it would be worth if  I were to resell it ?

Still Waiting …….

• August 4, 2016 at 7:22 am #18891
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

Hello, I am one of the original backers and upgraded to the Infinity. And I am still waiting for my unit. Glad to see someone is getting theirs shipped. They promise they will be shipped end of May, then a delay so end of June, then end of July….. I have waited several years like the rest of you and am just wondering if our unit will be out dated when we receive it. and what it would be worth if I were to resell it ? Still Waiting …….

Used they seem to be selling for $800-900 :/ Sucks since you can get used ones for that already and we paid $1200 for ours and are still waiting on them.

And the new 9038Pro has just been released too. Should start seeing DACs with it within the next 6-9 months.

• August 4, 2016 at 10:02 am #18893
    kecked
    Participant

Just got my shipping notice for my V2+.  Really looking forward to it while we wait for the infinity dac to ship.

• August 10, 2016 at 1:03 am #18940
    zerstorer
    Participant

Larry, Manny and company.

How many Geek Pulse remain to be shipped?

When is the new expected completion of shipping date?

• August 10, 2016 at 10:46 am #18943
    kecked
    Participant

http://lhlabs.com/forum/topic/overall-campaign-shipping-status-update-december-5-2015/

Here is the update in case you missed it.  I looked here on a whim.  Looks like Sept-15th is new goal to have them made so more like October to ship them out.  They had trouble getting enough naked resistors to build the infinities.  Guess they are not a high volume production item.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by kecked.
  • August 10, 2016 at 11:55 am #18945
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

http://lhlabs.com/forum/topic/overall-campaign-shipping-status-update-december-5-2015/ Here is the update in case you missed it. I looked here on a whim. Looks like Sept-15th is new goal to have them made so more like October to ship them out. They had trouble getting enough naked resistors to build the infinities. Guess they are not a high volume production item.

The problem is Vishay started making new versions of the “naked resistor” a couple years ago. They seem to be phasing out the naked ones in favor of the new models so they probably dont want to actually produce them. LH should have just bought the new versions for the V2 chassis model Infinity’s instead of trying to stick with the old models no matter what. The new models have a case over them, so they dont have the “naked look”, but they maintain top tolerance (and sometimes the new models are even tighter) and extra low ppm rating like the old naked models do, and still are 0 inductance design, and actually have higher power ratings. SO nothing wrong with the new ones at all…

You can get lots of the old naked models on Mouser and the like even still today. Notice these are in fact the VAR series the audio world loved so much:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Precision-Group-Foil-Resistors/Y0706100R000T9L/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuDKAEQY%2fFsT2MyufKPQhdbvB8dl8FDrDU%3d

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Precision-Group-Foil-Resistors/Y070610K0000T9L/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuDKAEQY%2fFsT2MyufKPQhdbRpYGoajqUcM%3d

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Precision-Group-Foil-Resistors/Y07061K00000T9L/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuDKAEQY%2fFsT2MyufKPQhdb3wZqxBeJWK4%3d

New ones sound plenty good though. I have used them on one project already and I am going to be using 4 more on a new project in a week or two.

Here are some of the newer model ones. They are the Z series I guess now:
    http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Precision-Group-Foil-Resistors/Y145320K0000V9L/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuDKAEQY%2fFsT2MyufKPQhdbl5C47jwnUGo%3d

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Precision-Group-Foil-Resistors/Y14535K00000V9L/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuDKAEQY%2fFsT2MyufKPQhdbgA1JM3sMl%252b8%3d

Compare features of the old naked series to the new Z series:

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/428/var-2933.pdf

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/428/zseries-3339.pdf
    Same stuff or better in all areas. Should have just switched to the new production models…

• August 11, 2016 at 2:41 pm #18959
    LAEN
    Participant

I am a Super Early Geek Pulse backer from Norway who backed Geek Pulse October 29 2013 just a few hours after Geek Pulse first was Announced.

My Pulse Infinity is now postponed six times.

I was told in December that Pulse Infinity would be sent at the end of the month.
    Then it was postponed to February, April, June, Juli and now first week in August and still no shipping notice.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by LAEN.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by LAEN.
  • August 12, 2016 at 12:46 am #18983
    jaywhar
    Participant

I just don’t understand how they’ve been able to give us these expected delivery dates when they’ve not had the orders in for necessary components

• August 19, 2016 at 3:16 am #19037
    LAEN
    Participant

I was told 17/8 by Gina at LH LAB that there are about 100 Pulse Infinity left and about 20 units that are currently ahead of me in their shipping queue.
    It dont lock like any Pulse have left LH Labs since late may.
    I can not understand that I have ended up so far back in the queue of 735 bakers of Pulse Infinity.
    I backed Geek Pulse 29 October 2013 just seven hours and twelve minutes after Geek Pulse Campaign start.

I’ve seen US and Internatonal backers on head-fi.org Pulse forum WHO have backed Pulse in 2014 and Received pulse long before us who are early backers.

An example:

• August 22, 2016 at 12:50 pm #19069
    jsiegel14072
    Participant

Meanwhile, at your competitor’s warehouse…. http://www.head-fi.org/t/815554/ejong7s-meet-show-and-factory-tour-impressions#post_12750517

don’t forget the other warehouse: <span id=”availability” class=”a-size-medium a-color-success”>Only 8 left in stock (more on the way). </span> <span id=”merchant-info”> Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available. </span>

https://smile.amazon.com/LH-Labs-LH-GP-GPX-INF-001-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B017VY2V18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471894978&sr=8-1&keywords=pulse+infinity

• August 24, 2016 at 9:43 am #19078
    Z
    Participant

Hi patient fellow XFi backers,

If anyone gets a shipping notification for a Xfi, please let everybody know in this thread.

hope to hear from you all before september 15th.

• August 24, 2016 at 4:52 pm #19086
    Benjamin
    Participant

Oh, I fully intend to.

• September 3, 2016 at 2:58 am #19113
    Case
    Participant

Hoping one of those boards is my Pulse Infinity…

I’ve been waiting so long…

• September 6, 2016 at 6:18 pm #19122
    kecked
    Participant

Sept 9……just say so if the parts are not in btw. Let me know what parts you need and I’ll go find them for my unit.

• September 8, 2016 at 1:58 am #19127
    Z
    Participant

I need you, I need you, I need you right now

Yeah, I need you right now

So don’t let me, don’t let me, don’t let me down / I think I’m losing my mind now…

• September 12, 2016 at 6:59 pm #19156
    kecked
    Participant

Three day to go and still no shipping notice.  I getting kind of sad.

• September 12, 2016 at 8:28 pm #19157
    jaywhar
    Participant

yep – and not a peep out of LHLabs

• September 12, 2016 at 11:06 pm #19158
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Three day to go and still no shipping notice. I getting kind of sad.

yep – and not a peep out of LHLabs

I can’t say I am surprised by either of these, we have been let down lots of times before so why would this time not be the case?

• September 13, 2016 at 1:47 am #19159
    zerstorer
    Participant

I am not amused.

I have both Pulse X Infinity and Wave on order and both are way behind schedule.

• September 13, 2016 at 5:30 am #19160
    jsiegel14072
    Participant

If they just posted this week’s production schedule so that the production people and customers knew, they would cut down the the number of tickets and calls by 50%.  not sure anybody has a plan, just running around trying to put out fires.

• September 13, 2016 at 11:04 am #19161
    wliucm
    Participant

just so you guys know, the infinity doesn’t work reliably in Win10. I am getting random drops every few hours. They’ve given me a modified firmware, and it didn’t help….so yes, I have my infinity, but not really. i am back listening to the xfi instead.

tickets are sitting for weeks without reply. my last one has just hit one week, the one previous to it took almost a month for a reply.

• September 13, 2016 at 8:09 pm #19162
    Benjamin
    Participant

So I take it at least the XFi is working reliably in Win10?

• September 15, 2016 at 6:22 am #19180
    cxb1
    Participant

just so you guys know, the infinity doesn’t work reliably in Win10. I am getting random drops every few hours. They’ve given me a modified firmware, and it didn’t help….so yes, I have my infinity, but not really. i am back listening to the xfi instead. tickets are sitting for weeks without reply. my last one has just hit one week, the one previous to it took almost a month for a reply.

Don’t know if this helps, but I was getting dropouts from Win10 too. Used a program called LatencyMon from Resplendence, to monitor latency (!), and after a time, it showed the drivers that were causing the problem. Had to look at my Power settings in Control Panel, to switch off various power-saving settings, and to run at 100%.

Regards

• September 15, 2016 at 12:30 pm #19181
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

just so you guys know, the infinity doesn’t work reliably in Win10. I am getting random drops every few hours. They’ve given me a modified firmware, and it didn’t help….so yes, I have my infinity, but not really. i am back listening to the xfi instead. tickets are sitting for weeks without reply. my last one has just hit one week, the one previous to it took almost a month for a reply.

If the XFI works perfect but the Infinity doesnt then that would suggest a hardware issue with the Infinity you have. They both use the same DAC chips and USB chips and all that, differences are only some resistors, board tolerances, and stuff along those lines. Drivers should be exactly the same too with just some different identifiers to make the software label each product differently.

I was worried about Win10 performance though, as it greatly changed how USB2 functions over Windows 7 and 8 due to no more built in native drivers for EHCI which is what USB2 uses. Only XHCI is officially supported (what USB3 uses). Lots of manufacturers have had issues implementing Windows 10 drivers for this reason.

• September 15, 2016 at 12:49 pm #19182
    kuroda99
    Participant

Hey Guys

It is Sept 15th  , just wondering,

Has anyone gotten an email about shipping status of the Pulse X-Infinity 2.0 chassis?

…rick

• September 16, 2016 at 12:56 pm #19184
    jsiegel14072
    Participant

crickets

• September 16, 2016 at 1:36 pm #19186
    wliucm
    Participant

If the XFI works perfect but the Infinity doesnt then that would suggest a hardware issue with the Infinity you have. They both use the same DAC chips and USB chips and all that, differences are only some resistors, board tolerances, and stuff along those lines. Drivers should be exactly the same too with just some different identifiers to make the software label each product differently. I was worried about Win10 performance though, as it greatly changed how USB2 functions over Windows 7 and 8 due to no more built in native drivers for EHCI which is what USB2 uses. Only XHCI is officially supported (what USB3 uses). Lots of manufacturers have had issues implementing Windows 10 drivers for this reason.

It is likely an integration problem between the driver and the firmware. LH must have done something with the fw to restrict native DSD support to Infinities and it may be that difference in fw that is causing issues with the driver.

On the website, LH specifically says that there are different FW for different batches of Infinity units as well and users are to contact support for the correct FW by providing the serial #. This is just baffling to say the least.

Secondly, there may be some difference in the chipsets too as my xfi has the old chip while the infinity has the Q2M variant.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by wliucm.
  • September 17, 2016 at 1:28 am #19193
    Z
    Participant

Come on Manny, stop hiding, missed your deadline, again, say something .

Do we have to beg, again , for monthes to get news on our gear ?

• September 17, 2016 at 10:59 pm #19194
    jaywhar
    Participant

Yep – when you give us a date and don’t provide any updates as it passes we’re only going to expect the worst.

Did you get all the components you need? How many infinities have you shipped? How much longer do we have to wait?

• September 22, 2016 at 1:16 pm #19231
    kecked
    Participant

come on guys your killing me.  still I have my v2+.  that really is the bomb and keeping me happy.  still I really would like my dac at some point…..i’ll even say please, please.

• September 22, 2016 at 3:39 pm #19232
    kecked
    Participant

Thank you for the update.  Sounds like my preamp headphone amp and dac will all come at once.  Not such a bad thing to look forward to.  In the mean time.  This v2+ will more than do.  Compare to the go1000 which thought was something else, the v2+ burns down the house.  I’m really happy with it. Which is why I’m so looking t the pulse.  I am not sure what better sounds like.  I thought that of the 1000!

• September 22, 2016 at 4:47 pm #19233
    jaywhar
    Participant

Looking at the start of this thread I just realised you could pretty much copy all the posts and update their dates by 1 year and still have a good reflection of the current state of play.

• September 22, 2016 at 4:56 pm #19234
    blkmagik98
    Participant

How’s this not a surprise as this whole campaign has been one lie after another. I filed a complaint with the BBB and refuse to remove it.

• September 24, 2016 at 8:07 am #19245
    kuroda99
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I received an email from LH Labs and Larry.

The new updated target for the next batch of X-infinity Pulse is scheduled to be shipped around Mid-November.

Lets cross our fingers for the  Nth time and

hope the parts are delivered on time and units updated .

How many more delays/years do we need to wait for our Infinity?

I wish I could get my money back!

(A long time a go in a Galaxy Far Far Away,  I also ordered the Vi DAC -Infinity,

I am ready to cry , cause I do not see any light at the end of the tunnel for my Vi DAC..)

…Rick

• September 24, 2016 at 8:16 am #19246
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Hey Guys, I received an email from LH Labs and Larry. The new updated target for the next batch of X-infinity Pulse is scheduled to be shipped around Mid-November. Lets cross our fingers for the Nth time and hope the parts are delivered on time and units updated . How many more delays/years do we need to wait for our Infinity? I wish I could get my money back! (A long time a go in a Galaxy Far Far Away, I also ordered the Vi DAC -Infinity, I am ready to cry , cause I do not see any light at the end of the tunnel for my Vi DAC..) …Rick

Infinity might be the key word!

I am SO glad I didn’t plough more money into what may end up being nothing by the end of it by upgrading to VI. I seriously thought about it

• September 24, 2016 at 8:22 am #19247
    Benjamin
    Participant

Considering it is apparently mathematically possible for infinity to be greater than infinity, welp.

• September 26, 2016 at 8:16 am #19248
    jsiegel14072
    Participant

Hey Guys, I received an email from LH Labs and Larry. The new updated target for the next batch of X-infinity Pulse is scheduled to be shipped around Mid-November. Lets cross our fingers for the Nth time and hope the parts are delivered on time and units updated . How many more delays/years do we need to wait for our Infinity? I wish I could get my money back! (A long time a go in a Galaxy Far Far Away, I also ordered the Vi DAC -Infinity, I am ready to cry , cause I do not see any light at the end of the tunnel for my Vi DAC..) …Rick

I thought the last batch was in production, how did we slip 2 months 10 days after the last deadline?

• September 27, 2016 at 3:51 am #19253
    kecked
    Participant

Thank you Gavin for telling us the facts.  Larry there was zero issues telling us that.  We backed you because we want you to succeed.  If you have problems tell us.  We still want you to succeed.  Ok so we wait till the new boards come in.  So be it.  Very sorry about all that wasted money.  I hope you didn’t pay that vendor.

one day an amazing device will arrive at my door.  Until then be well and stress less by being up front.

I don’t know you but none the less I care for you the person.  Be damned with the toy. Money is money but people can’t be replaced.  So at least from one backer I wish you well and look forward to amazing things to come. Be kinder to yourself by not hiding the lemons along the way.  I also understand Asian culture and saving face.  It’s not healthy.

• October 20, 2016 at 5:18 pm #19383
    blkmagik98
    Participant

The last batch of Pulse X Infinities will be shipped at the end of December according to Production.

LOL…like that ever happened. They won’t even be shipped at the end of December 2016.

• October 29, 2016 at 11:48 am #19402
    LAEN
    Participant
    Today, it is three years since I ordered my Pulse.
    Is there anyone else out there that booked Pulse on first campaign day who have not yet received it? 

Two weeks ago there was only one Pulse Infinity left on Amazon and now it’s six.

I see that every time they start to run out of Pulse Infinity on Amazon they get a few new.
    Is there anyone out there who have gotten their Pulse Infinity the last six months?</p>

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by LAEN.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by LAEN.
  • October 31, 2016 at 7:14 am #19406
    rdsu
    Participant
    Today, it is three years since I ordered my Pulse. Is there anyone else out there that booked Pulse on first campaign day who have not yet received it? Two weeks ago there was only one Pulse Infinity left on Amazon and now it’s six. I see that every time they start to run out of Pulse Infinity on Amazon they get a few new. Is there anyone out there who have gotten their Pulse Infinity the last six months?</p>

I’m also waiting for mine, 3 years ago…

But all the excitement already gone long time ago…

• November 4, 2016 at 7:31 am #19411
    germay0653germay0653
    Participant

You haven’t gotten yours yet Rui?  Wow, that just sucks!

• November 5, 2016 at 3:33 pm #19414
    wliucm
    Participant

tbh, I am not sure whether it was a good thing for me to have received my unit ~2 months ago. I’ve shipped it back for RMA towards the end of October and am now awaiting a fix for playback drops.

• November 6, 2016 at 5:44 am #19417
    rdsu
    Participant

You haven’t gotten yours yet Rui? Wow, that just sucks!

If I just can go back… :(

• November 6, 2016 at 2:21 pm #19418
    blkmagik98
    Participant

You haven’t gotten yours yet Rui? Wow, that just sucks!

If I just can go back… :(

Me too….

• November 23, 2016 at 11:15 pm #19494
    Tomscrut
    Participant

So, its mid-November….

• November 24, 2016 at 4:14 am #19495
    zerstorer
    Participant

In the time that I was waiting for my Geek Pulse, I bought a condominium, watched it being built from a flat piece of land into a multi-storey apartment block and have since moved in for over 6 months.

My Geek Pulse which was supposed to be part of my system in my new home is still nowhere to be seen.

I guess its harder to manufacture a Geek Pulse than to build a 500+ unit apartment block.

• November 24, 2016 at 4:20 am #19496
    zerstorer
    Participant

Seeing that there’s so many other unfulfilled backers, can I have my contributions back so that you can fulfill your promise to the other backers who are still waiting?

• November 24, 2016 at 5:27 am #19497
    Tomscrut
    Participant

Seeing that there’s so many other unfulfilled backers, can I have my contributions back so that you can fulfill your promise to the other backers who are still waiting?

I can’t help but think that this is all down to a cash flow issue anyway (even though they would never admit that if it was true).

I will just be happy if I get the DAC and I have something for my £1000 or however much it was, I am starting to doubt it will ever materialize now.

• November 30, 2016 at 2:54 pm #19498
    tictac242
    Participant

Still haven’t received mine, is there any path to recourse we can take? This has made me so bitter not only to LH but to all crowd funded campaigns.

• November 30, 2016 at 4:19 pm #19499
    blkmagik98
    Participant

Still haven’t received mine, is there any path to recourse we can take? This has made me so bitter not only to LH but to all crowd funded campaigns.

That’s how I feel as well. I wouldn’t go the crowdfunding route on anything again after this totally negative experience.

• December 1, 2016 at 12:08 pm #19528
    Case
    Participant

Yet another Christmas will come and go without a Geek Pulse.
    I keep seeing LH Labs employees listed as reading this thread and yet there has not been any communication in months.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Case.
  • December 7, 2016 at 6:01 am #19555
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

Indiegogo is changing their terms of service, mostly because of how badly the LH Labs campaigns were run. As of December 7th their terms will be that you can seek recovery of campaign funds and are allowed to use 3rd party collection agencies to recover funds.

Even if that is not retroactive, the old terms do say LH Labs is legally bound to deliver the products and if they cant or wont then they are legally bound to work with contributors to come to a mutually satisfactory resolution, which can include a refund of contributions. LH Labs has already failed in their legal obligation for the campaign here. LH Labs has also failed in their legal requirements for communications as required by the Indiegogo terms of use, in that they MUST respond promptly and truthfully to any question asked to them by either Indiegogo or contributors.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by EniGmA1987.
  • January 6, 2017 at 3:29 am #19671
    Nzboot
    Participant

Hi guys sorry to ask but are you still waiting for your infinity dac?

• January 6, 2017 at 5:30 am #19672
    Z
    Participant

Yep,

Let’s count ourselves:

• January 6, 2017 at 5:54 am #19673
    jsiegel14072
    Participant

more like living out our sentance with no parole date or information on what the parole board is considering.

last update was 6 months ago from the company where they were going to get out the last 80 units in 4 weeks.

no news since then and the orders aren’t even  in the new order system, so do they even know what they have to ship?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by jsiegel14072.
  • January 6, 2017 at 6:12 am #19674
    jtavan
    Participant

“Waiting for” would imply that we have any expectation of eventually receiving a product. Putting myself in the “have not received” camp.

• January 7, 2017 at 12:08 am #19679
    drone9drone9
    Participant

Still waiting for my shipping notification. I don’t get why LHLabs are not putting out a brief status update every month. It doesn’t have to be long. Just two lines for every product. Maybe a picture. This thread just makes me sad.

• January 11, 2017 at 2:10 pm #19686
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

Hi guys sorry to ask but are you still waiting for your infinity dac?

yep still haven’t gotten mine.

• January 11, 2017 at 3:13 pm #19687
    blkmagik98
    Participant

I received mine about three weeks ago and made my first contribution on December 8, 2013. Not sure how relative that is to shipping order however.

• January 11, 2017 at 6:00 pm #19688
    kecked
    Participant

I got my shipping notice.  It is to arrive tommorow.  I am really excited.  Stay tuned for a listening report!

i got hd800 just for this moment.  I like through the wait the customer service was always first rate.

music is all new again.  That is worth many times what we paid!

next the preamp and headphone amp!

• January 11, 2017 at 10:22 pm #19689
    Benjamin
    Participant

Still waiting.

• January 12, 2017 at 2:49 pm #19698
    tictac242
    Participant

waiting waiting….

• January 12, 2017 at 11:44 pm #19699
    kuroda99
    Participant

three years later and I am still waiting.

• January 15, 2017 at 5:11 am #19708
    LAEN
    Participant

I and a local friend backed pulse 29 october 2013 on first campaign day. It is almost a year since he got his Pulse Infinity v2 and I still waiting.

Early in the campaign we were promised that those who supported Pulse first should get pulse first.

They have now promised that Pulse will be delivered in March.
    When I have received such promises ten times before can I now have faith in what LH Labs promises?

Now that they have found more than 100 new Pulse backers it is now probably 50 in front of me in the queue.

• January 26, 2017 at 6:48 am #19714
    kecked
    Participant

Well as I reported I did receive my Pulse Infinity DAC.  It arrived, I turned it on, It sounded worse then my V2+ and then over the course of an hour turned completely distorted with a rumbling with nothing hooked to it.  I had the USB issues but the driver update fixed that. The unit is much more stable with an ipad then a PC in terms of USB.  I could not for the life of me hear any difference between the LPS4 and the wall plug but the unit was not right from the start.  Having the V2+ right next to me and KNOWING from that what it could sound like kept me from feeling really disappointed after waiting three years.  So I wait a little longer.

I gave it time to warm and sit and the distortion remained.  In fact this is weird, the distortion is WORSE as you turn the volume down.  Even at full off there is still leakage.  The only thing I can figure is some transistor is not getting the right bias, the femtoclocks can’t lock, the way volume is handled is digital and decimates the bit count, or who knows.  Anyway, it arrived, it was broken, I sent in a ticket and am waiting for an RMA to send it back.  It’s been a while with no response but I am sure they will eventually get to me.

That said, if you want something now that rocks the V2+ with the balanced IEM is truly spectacular.  In the end I KNOW we will all be really happy.

The Eternal Optimist

• January 28, 2017 at 2:45 am #19715
    Case
    Participant

Their new shop/order system is up and running at: http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/

My email was already in the system so I used the password reset to set a new password and log in. Pleasantly surprised that once I logged in, my Pulse X Infinity was listed under order status!

• January 30, 2017 at 7:04 am #19717
    EniGmA1987
    Participant

Their new shop/order system is up and running at: http://marketplace-lhlabs.com/ My email was already in the system so I used the password reset to set a new password and log in. Pleasantly surprised that once I logged in, my Pulse X Infinity was listed under order status!

Well that is worrying. under the new system it now lists my Pulse Infinity, but no longer lists my HPA, any of the ACX modules I bought, or the Pulse Blue. I have a feeling everyone is in for a lot more of these same issues once the HPA’s start to ship.

• January 30, 2017 at 7:50 am #19718
    Benjamin
    Participant

Mine’s in the system and everything looks correct. All that needs to happen now is for the order to actually go through.

Regarding the original trashed PCB issue – I’m Chinese by descent, I can sort of understand the Asian cultural desire to save face. But yes, the situation could definitely have been handled much more elegantly.

• January 30, 2017 at 12:01 pm #19719
    jsiegel14072
    Participant

Well that is worrying. under the new system it now lists my Pulse Infinity, but no longer lists my HPA, any of the ACX modules I bought, or the Pulse Blue. I have a feeling everyone is in for a lot more of these same issues once the HPA’s start to ship.

Accoding to Gina, they are loading one product at a time.  so far they have loaded Pulse, Vi, Wave and Source.  they will move on to analog components once the current load is corrected for all options.

I have a feeling this will bring some order to the chaos, since the number of Pulses to ship jumped from 80 something to 197 once they processed the orders.  Hopefully they will get all the orders inand know what they have left to build and will have enough money left to build them all

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by jsiegel14072.
  • February 9, 2017 at 5:57 pm #20178
    Larry HoLarry Ho
    Keymaster

Yes. We are working hard to bring the order back to the remaining orders/chaos. We somehow created the complex upgrade path by ourselves. Plus Indiegogo will only offer direct text based export files. So currently the method we used is the best approach. We will clean this up!

• February 14, 2017 at 2:44 pm #20216
    jaywhar
    Participant

So it’s been a few weeks since the mid/end March date was given – how are we tracking?

• February 23, 2017 at 2:46 pm #20368
    jaywhar
    Participant

again – can we have a status update please? We’re 3 weeks from mid-march and you must have something to share about progress and whether you’re on track.

don’t let the cycle of missed dates with no updates until after the fact continue.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 16
BC2112, CJ, deathson, donlow, germay0653, JackLoStrambo, jaywhar, jer, Manny Torres, matthijs, Psychetron, Reima, Roll11, shimrod, twdickel, wingsounds13
Forum Statistics
Threads: 215, Posts: 216, Members: 1,819
Welcome to our newest member, patriciadbab