What is the different between this and the LPS ?

• January 30, 2016 at 5:53 am #17567
    ead
    Participant

I don’t understand
    Wasn’t the LPS should do the “clean up” for my usb power and such? why would someone with an LPS4 + Geek (out or pulse or whatever) should need it?
    Also, why no Femto clock inside? and will there be a better version with 20G and Femto clock?
    some kind of a “signature” version?

• January 30, 2016 at 9:36 am #17572
    jer
    Participant

USB 2.0 has 4 pins:
    One pair is power (5v)
    One pair is signal (your music data)

The LPS just cleans up the power and “passes through” the signal untouched.

The Revive buffers the power into a battery (to eliminate ripples and noise) and then gives you a cleaner, more stable supply, similar to what you get from LPS. Where power is concerned, the LPS and the Revive perform similar functions.

Where they differ is in the Signal path. The Revive receives the signal, interprets it as if it was the intended target (e.g., your DAC), then re-generates it “from scratch” (as if it was your original source), and sends it through to your DAC. It uses a high-precision internal clock (albeit not a Femto, that would be an ultra-high-precision clock) to do this work, so you gain the benefit of a stable clock with a dedicated purpose.

• March 10, 2016 at 9:39 am #17956
    Manny Torres
    Keymaster

Totally digging the explanation Jeremy, We got our sample boards from our fabricator this morning on Revive. Looks like everything is going smoothly.

Revive PCBF

• March 10, 2016 at 9:46 am #17959
    Hercules
    Participant

Totally digging the explanation Jeremy, We got our sample boards from our fabricator this morning on Revive. Looks like everything is going smoothly. Revive PCBF

Hi Manny, the Revive still targeted 18 March 2016 for first shipment?

• March 10, 2016 at 2:10 pm #17979
    jer
    Participant

Thanks for the pics, Manny! (i wish i could zoom in!) :)

• March 10, 2016 at 2:44 pm #17980
    Manny Torres
    Keymaster

You can get a better look by right clicking and select view image (I guess this works okay, I had to do a quick snap from my phone so not to sure on the quality).

@hercules,

I do expect we should hit this, I will ask Larry (He knows more details then i do) see if we can post an update. :-)

• March 10, 2016 at 5:25 pm #18001
    jer
    Participant

Thanks Manny. Nice trick — might want to suggest to the web team that they optimize the site a bit by posting thumnails instead of resized full-size pictures in the forum thread view… link to the fullsize images instead (click to view).

• March 10, 2016 at 5:32 pm #18002
    Manny Torres
    Keymaster

sounds good Jer,

I can suggest this for sure, just need to upload to server and post a link :-)

I so want to give this a try now

• March 14, 2016 at 12:25 pm #18073
    kenman345
    Participant

sounds good Jer, I can suggest this for sure, just need to upload to server and post a link :-) I so want to give this a try now

Hows the shipment date looking?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 2
cogt3, matthijs
Forum Statistics
Threads: 249, Posts: 251, Members: 5,227
Welcome to our newest member, cecilbevington