Welcome! (new users read and post here, please)

• November 30, 2015 at 6:47 pm #17006
    LH_MichaelLH_Michael
    Spectator

Welcome to Geek Force! Go ahead and tell us who you are, what you like, and why you joined Geek Force.

• November 30, 2015 at 7:37 pm #17008
    LH_MichaelLH_Michael
    Spectator

Hey everyone, I’m Michael, the Community Manager at LH Labs. Thanks for visiting the Geek Force forum! Pull up a chair, introduce yourself, and share a little bit of what makes music a special part of your life.

You’ll see me here in the forums and on the Internet sharing LH Labs’ story and talking music and tech with fans, backers, and enthusiasts. Feel free to ask me anything. I’m here to help. You may also contact me at michael{at}lightharmonic.com if you prefer to comment in a less public arena.

I appreciate many forms of aural experiences and music genres. Classic rock, performance pieces, classical, opera, alternative, hip-hop, rap, EDM, spoken word, comedy, soundtracks, metal, and world music just to name a few. I guess I would say I’m a jack of all trades, musically. I’m no expert in any one genre but I enjoy them just the same. One of my first experiences with music was listening to my dad’s LP of Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. “Funeral for a Friend” grabbed me and never let go. I’ve been entranced by music ever since.

Let’s see, what are some “Mike Music Trivia” tidbits I can share…

First Concert: Peter Gabriel, So tour, The Fabulous Forum in Inglewood, CA (1986, I think)
    First LP: The Empire Strikes Back soundtrack
    First Cassette: Prince, Purple Rain soundtrack
    First CD: Rush, Moving Pictures
    Last Song I Danced To: Taylor Swift, “Shake It Off” (I was at a wedding)
    Last Song I Listened To: Adam & The Ants, “Stand and Deliver”
    A Couple of my Favorite Acts: Queen, Kate Bush, Sleater-Kinney, Rush, old Michael Jackson, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Laurie Anderson, Public Image Limited, The Doors, Talking Heads, David Bowie, The Smiths, Tom Waits, The Pixies, X, and video game soundtracks

We’re in the process of refining the new forum experience. Take a look around, check it all out, and let me know what you think. Share your thoughts in our Forum Feedback forum or email me directly (michael{at}lightharmonic.com) with your comments, questions, or criticisms.

• November 30, 2015 at 9:58 pm #17022
    Burak BorhanBurak Borhan
    Participant

Hey there!

I ‘m Burak. Backer/customer of Light Harmonic and a old member of the GeekForce..

Even though I have a bit of history on music, playing the violin for 20 years it’s just a hobby and I have been introduced to Hi-definition Audio and to the audiophile world by Light Harmonic and their first KickStarter campaign.. Since then I am a big fan of Larry :)

I quite like all kind of music as long as it makes me feel.. Yet my favorite genres are classical, latin and rock.

Except the Vi I own (ordered) nearly everything Larry has produced.. I am more of a speaker guy than a Headphone guy.. I like the freedom of my ears and the sound resonating in the room.. :) Yet I still own a LCD-2, EL-8 Closed back as well Shure SE846 iems.

I am still desperately looking for a good deal in Dubai to buy KEF LS50s..

Originally from Istanbul, living in Dubai currently.

Burak Borhan

• September 23, 2016 at 2:14 am #19237
    sophiesmithsophiesmith
    Participant

hi my name is sophie smith

• October 25, 2016 at 12:00 am #19389
    akshaykumar
    Participant

Merry Christmas 2016 Christmas or Christmas Day is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed most commonly on December as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world.A feast central to the Christian liturgical year, it is prepared for by the season of Advent or the Nativity Fast and initiates the season of Christmastide,which historically in the West lasts twelve days and culminates on Twelfth Night in some traditions, Christmastide includes an Octave.Christmas Day is a public holiday in many of the world’s nations is celebrated culturally by a large number of non-Christian people.most Christians celebrate Christmas on the date of December 25 in the Gregorian calendar, which is also the calendar in near-universal use in the secular world.

• December 6, 2016 at 7:07 am #19550
    handyandyS3
    Participant

Hi all, Not sure if anyone out there can answer this but I need help…

I’m trying to locate a ‘quality’ adaptor to connect my Oppo PM-3 headphones using an official balanced cable (yes the Oppo pm-3’s are internally wired as balanced!) which has a 3.5mm trrs plug with my Astell & Kern AK300’s 2.5mm balanced output port.

Any advice?

• December 6, 2016 at 8:51 am #19553
    wingsounds13wingsounds13
    Participant

I would suggest contacting BTG Audio (http://www.btg-audio.com).  He builds custom cables and charges very reasonable prices.

J.P.

• December 31, 2016 at 1:41 am #19663
    AlbertBarkleyAlbertBarkley
    Participant

Being your forum member, I believe I will get best knowledge.

Albert Barkley
    Senior Educationist
    Dissertation writing services

• January 20, 2017 at 1:58 am #19711
    DamianWiza
    Participant

You will never think the task of writing a sociology assignment uninteresting once you have tackled an interested sociology topic. Go through a few sample assignments if doubtful about how you should keep. A good grade is ensured with an interesting topic and your facts of how to write assignment writing service.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by DamianWiza.
  • February 22, 2017 at 11:54 pm #20355
    patriciadbab
    Participant

Thank you so much admin, while giving us the opportunity to take their link on this forum bottle flip

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 21
cor, dbrunette, Desroches, dubby, durwin, ebonywilmot, frankfriersan, GerhardO, germay0653, hitekhan, kimerathermo, L@TM, laraferres, lucybreinl, makaylagaye, matthijs, MikeyFresh, rancesorefield, steelydave, user193294, wingsounds13
Forum Statistics
Threads: 661, Posts: 663, Members: 2,482
Welcome to our newest member, ebonywilmot