Vi Dac Tube Signature

• February 14, 2016 at 1:59 am #17707
    mwychan
    Participant

Hi! Any update on the production (or development?) of Vi-Dac Tube signature?

• February 14, 2016 at 9:45 am #17710
    dapedius
    Participant

Hi in case you did not see it Larry posted an update to project statuses on the IGG source page. Vi Dac tube has shipped 3 in February, Vi Dac SS 37 since November (from memory).

• February 14, 2016 at 2:31 pm #17711
    mwychan
    Participant

Thanks, but I mean the ‘signature’ edition of Vi Dac Tube.

• February 15, 2016 at 10:42 am #17717
    dapedius
    Participant

Sorry got mixed up between Infinity and Signature :-O. Hope you get some update from LHLabs.

• February 15, 2016 at 1:19 pm #17719
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Would also like to have some idea on the possible shipping of the Signature I went for…

• February 23, 2016 at 9:32 am #17781
    bjski
    Participant

I’m waiting for a signature SS…..

• March 3, 2016 at 1:42 pm #17827
    ShinyShaman
    Participant

Add me to the patients list. I naturally assumed the signature edition would probably ship last. If the other tube DACs haven’t all shipped yet, I doubt the signatures will be ready to roll out, because there is more involved. Perhaps though, in an alternate reality, Larry is tweaking them every night. Making them just right. Sleep tight. Quality is becoming a rare thing these days. Patience usually pays off in the end. Take your time Larry. :)

• March 16, 2016 at 5:30 am #18127
    doctorjazz
    Participant

So, I’m also waiting on the “Signature”, does anyone actually know what Larry is going to do that is unique to these? I think there aren’t so many Infinities going out, each one likely is hand tweaked…

• March 18, 2016 at 2:18 am #18156
    mwychan
    Participant

Just received an email update on Vi Dac, glad to here Larry is working hard on it.

• March 18, 2016 at 8:12 am #18160
    bjski
    Participant

Larry,any word on the signature solid state?

Cheers

• April 18, 2016 at 6:48 pm #18436
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Exactly a month later, no word, I guess…waiting on the Vi Tube DAC signature, think it is still going to be a while.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by doctorjazz.
  • April 18, 2016 at 7:06 pm #18438
    mwychan
    Participant

Endless waiting ……..

• April 19, 2016 at 9:41 am #18445
    bjski
    Participant

Still nothing…..

• April 25, 2016 at 7:51 pm #18496
    mwychan
    Participant

Another week has passed….

• April 25, 2016 at 8:32 pm #18497
    doctorjazz
    Participant

This thread is a bit like water torture…

• July 29, 2016 at 6:13 pm #18868
    ShinyShaman
    Participant

Eight CCX Options

CCX #1: Included

Standard Single-ended Configuration—  This module comes standard with your Vi DAC. It features Wima film capacitors and Switchcraft RCA connectors.

CCX #2: $479

Standard Balanced Configuration—  This module includes everything in the standard module plus a pair of Swedish-made Lundahl balanced output pransformers and a pair of Neutrik XLR output connectors. Backers of the Vi Tube Balanced Out Upgrade perk will receive this module, in addition to the CCX #1 module, automatically.

CCX #3: $179

Mundorf MCap Evo SilverGold.Oil Single-ended Configuration—  This module features a pair of Mundorf EVO – Silver / Gold + OilFilm Capacitors! Our listening tests reveal a very transparent sound. It’s a very “precise-sounding” capacitor for the kind of audiophile that enjoys a more “Spectral/Wilson” experience.

CCX #4: $658

Mundorf MCap Evo SilverGold.Oil Balanced Configuration—  This balanced module takes CCX #3, and adds a pair of Swedish-made Lundahl balanced output transformers and a pair of Neutrik XLR output connectors, bringing the noise floor even lower for a clearer image and more defined soundstage.

CCX #5: $189

Jupiter VT Series Film Single-ended Configuration—  Jupiter VT caps are known to be very sweet in the middle, which produces a classically warm, tubey sound. Tube rollers will love this one.

CCX #6: $668

Jupiter VT Series Film Balanced Configuration—  This module takes the Jupiter VT silky sound, and lowers the noise floor with a pair of Lundahl balanced output transformers and Neutrik XLR output connectors.

CCX #7: $369

V-Cap TFTF + Cardas Single-ended Configuration—  This capacitor is known to be a magnifier of the strengths and weaknesses of the entire signal chain. According to Larry, this is the best overall capacitor for this system. You’ll find that the soundstage will widen, heighten, and deepen, providing a much more intimate experience with your music. Next, we’ve added Cardas “Thick” female connectors made of brass and plated with rhodium and silver. Our experience is that this connector, in comparison to our standard Switchcraft connector, helps to provide a cleaner sound in the lower frequencies.

CCX #8: $888

V-Cap TFTF + Cardas Balanced Configuration—  This model adds Lundahl balanced output transpormers to the CCX #7 module. It also employes Cardas Gold XLR connectors. We use these connectors in our flagship products: Da Vinci and Sire DAC’s. We think they’re the best XLR connectors on the market.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by ShinyShaman.
  • September 18, 2016 at 1:54 pm #19197
    Nzboot
    Participant

Any one out there received their Signature DAC and want to write a review on it.

please

• September 18, 2016 at 6:39 pm #19199
    germay0653
    Participant

Still waiting patiently.

• September 19, 2016 at 4:57 am #19201
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Same here…

• September 23, 2016 at 1:57 pm #19239
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Sent a complaint to Indiegogo this week – they tell me the campaign is under review for compliance – referring me to the original IGG page where there are several comments from other contributors for lack of delivery for the Pulse Infinity

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-pulse-dac-high-rez-desktop-dac-system

Perhaps more of us should contact them

• September 26, 2016 at 10:43 pm #19251
  • September 27, 2016 at 1:16 am #19252
    dapedius
    Participant

Strange that it took an ex-employee to get a straight story out of lhlabs, believe the majority of us would appreciate honest communication on the problems faced.  Wonder what the full story is with the Vi Dac, maybe we need Gavin to get some information here too as clearly something is not right and I can’t see CNC issue of drilling two holes is the cause for delay.  Have given up asking for delivery dates as I have had so many that never happened. Just hope we get what we paid for before the company gets into financial trouble.

• September 27, 2016 at 8:14 am #19254
    mwychan
    Participant

“Just hope we get what we paid for before the company gets into financial trouble.”

That’s what I want too.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by mwychan.
  • September 27, 2016 at 4:19 pm #19266
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Some word from LH Labs would be appropriate around now…(hard to know what to make of Gavin’s change of heart)

Starting to feel like I may have blown a good bit of cash on this (and other) projects.

• September 27, 2016 at 5:13 pm #19267
    shimrod
    Participant

“Strange that it took an ex-employee to get a straight story out of lhlabs”

I had several private email communications with Mr. Fish when LH was peddling the original GO on Amazon before they delivered to the crowdfunders. Based on those emails I’m not sure it’s possible to get a straight story out of him. I think he’s slimy and the news he’s no longer employed by LH is actually encouraging.

An earlier poster noted that LH is under review with Indigogo and suggested others contact them. after  this experience with LH I’m never participating in crowdfunding again. Enough people send that message and maybe we’ll get some productive action.

• September 27, 2016 at 5:58 pm #19268
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Mixed feelings about that…I want my stuff, but I’m afraid if there is too much pressure put on LH Labs, and they go under, all the investment is lost.

• October 1, 2016 at 7:27 am #19279
    shimrod
    Participant

At this point I expect nothing. The insistence on extracting shipping costs when there was no product was a bad sign.

• October 3, 2016 at 6:38 pm #19286
    mwychan
    Participant

What can we do except waiting?

• October 3, 2016 at 7:55 pm #19288
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Per Larry’s email this evening, the problem with the Vi DAC is the production of the chassis – not PCB as in Gavin’s recent post (Pulse only?)

He claims the SS Vi DAC is “almost done” – with the tube to follow – now claiming 14-15 units per month.

This thing will be antique before it’s ever released…

• October 3, 2016 at 7:59 pm #19289
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Didn’t get this update, though didn’t they already ship some SS Vi DAC units?

• October 3, 2016 at 8:15 pm #19290
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Here it is:

————————

We know many of you have been waiting for your Vi DAC. The solid state version of Vi DAC is almost done. So we could focus more on Vi Tube DAC now. We wanted to provide an update on the current status.

We’d first like to clarify, we have not had any PCB or PCBA related issues for Vi DAC. We have Vi DAC PCB in house, but are waiting on assembly for the Vi DAC chassis.

The issue we are encountering is our chassis manufacturer’s milling speed and quality. Larry has planned a trip out to their factory at the end of October. During this visit he hopes to either assist in making their process go smoother or to find another manufacturer to accelerate the process as well as render a high quality turn around.  The current speed we have for the Vi DAC is 14 to 15 units per month. We expect to double that after Larry’s trip no matter how.

Vi DAC sophisticated and functional non-parallel wall chassis design, is certainly unconventional work for manufacturers. While we do not tend to run into any QC issues with our chassis manufacturer when the quantity is low, we seem to consistently have more QC issues when we order higher volumes. We usually have no choice but to fail these chassis, and they are ultimately a loss.

Needless to say, we have had to end relationships with a few manufacturers due to being unwilling to compromise standards on quality and passing units. We are of course disappointed by the chassis setback, but if any of you know Larry, he will not put his name on a unit unless he is proud of the quality of parts, both internally and externally.

We owe you our deepest gratitude and will work to provide you the best audio gear.

Larry & LH Labs Team

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by brucknerdoc.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by brucknerdoc.
  • October 3, 2016 at 11:55 pm #19293
    Nzboot
    Participant

Great to see lhl come out from the dark. Sad to say it is really hard to have any confidence in what was said.

take the earlier information they sent out saying that almost all the vidac ss where sent out and then there would be 25 vidac tube sent out a month This information was sent out 2 months ago.

Now in today’s email it is all different so there for the two month ago info was untrue.

Lhl has no numbers of how many vidac ss are to be sent out (I do see very few reviews on this sit I am sure people here will critique them) or have been sent out.

I do worrie when one person on igg web forum said he was quoted two weeks if he ordered a vidac today.

• October 3, 2016 at 11:59 pm #19294
    Nzboot
    Participant

Time for a real update with numbers.

I do understand if they are having problems with case suppliers this could be still up in the air.

So how many vidac ss have been sent?

how many left to be sent?

how many vidac tube to be sent out?

how many vidac tube already sent?

time frame from case supplier when this is learnt not many months later?

thoughs everyone

• October 4, 2016 at 10:34 am #19295
    Hercules
    Participant

I do worrie when one person on igg web forum said he was quoted two weeks if he ordered a vidac today.

I do warned you guys 5 months ago lh labs send vi dac to retail channel at higher price than campaign price while backers only can do is wait and wait.

http://lhlabs.com/forum/topic/vi-dac-in-retail-channel/

• October 16, 2016 at 2:34 pm #19346
    doctorjazz
    Participant

It doesn’t seem right that they are releasing and shipping new products before taking care of the original supporters. Being in line for the ViDAC tube Signature, I do find it upsetting that one could order something now, and get it before I do. I like my GO x1 Signature, might have been tempted to go for the v2, but I’m not sending in any more cash until I get my stuff. There was a flurry of activity early in the year, I foolishly thought I’d have stuff by now.

• October 17, 2016 at 9:27 am #19347
    Hercules
    Participant

It doesn’t seem right that they are releasing and shipping new products before taking care of the original supporters. Being in line for the ViDAC tube Signature, I do find it upsetting that one could order something now, and get it before I do. I like my GO x1 Signature, might have been tempted to go for the v2, but I’m not sending in any more cash until I get my stuff. There was a flurry of activity early in the year, I foolishly thought I’d have stuff by now.

While Lh labs secured all backers money, then LH labs have new order coming with new money, clearly LH labs will ship the available unit to new order, not the backers.

• October 17, 2016 at 2:26 pm #19348
    shimrod
    Participant

It’s interesting that although there’s no one available to answer questions and provide updates someone has time to delete critical comments from the forum. I posted the email touting new retail GO2 availability  a couple days ago; suddenly all comments between 10/4 and 10/16 are missing.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by shimrod.
  • October 17, 2016 at 2:30 pm #19350
    Paul J. Novitt
    Participant

While Lh labs secured all backers money, then LH labs have new order coming with new money, clearly LH labs will ship the available unit to new order, not the backers.[/quot

Hercules,

Backers money paid for the R&D, and the tooling for production scale up. Larry Ho needs to prioritize! Campaign Backers get their Perks 1st, then new orders 2nd. Hercules, if what you say is true, then LH Labs continues to loose my confidence, and has a screwed up way of Corporate Operations.

P. Novitt

• October 17, 2016 at 3:03 pm #19353
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

It’s interesting that although there’s no one available to answer questions and provide updates someone has time to delete critical comments from the forum. I posted the email touting new retail GO2 availability a couple days ago; suddenly all comments between 10/4 and 10/16 are missing.

I commented on that earlier and even that comment has been deleted…

• October 17, 2016 at 3:08 pm #19354
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

While Lh labs secured all backers money, then LH labs have new order coming with new money, clearly LH labs will ship the available unit to new order, not the backers.[/quot Hercules, Backers money paid for the R&D, and the tooling for production scale up. Larry Ho needs to prioritize! Campaign Backers get their Perks 1st, then new orders 2nd. Hercules, if what you say is true, then LH Labs continues to loose my confidence, and has a screwed up way of Corporate Operations. P. Novitt

Most likely they have cash flow problems – charging for shipping a year ago was a low point in scraping capital. Now, they can sell units for 2-3X+ our “backer” price, so naturally we’re getting shafted…

• October 18, 2016 at 12:55 am #19355
    Nzboot
    Participant

Taking out comments is an old lhl game and yes it is very dodgy.

often when I look at who has been on in the last 24 hours Manny’s name is there.

yes in my opinion it would be a lot better answering the post from someone at lhl instead of someone deleting them.

there products might be good (although I have not recived one except air phones ) so can’t comment

but there treatment of we backers SUCKS.

• October 18, 2016 at 1:36 pm #19359
    Nzboot
    Participant

Hi Manny want to answer some of the questions on here?

• March 13, 2017 at 12:30 pm #20475
    Nzboot
    Participant

Time for a vi dac update

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 3
jeffh, s, twdickel
Forum Statistics
Threads: 250, Posts: 252, Members: 5,636
Welcome to our newest member, mayascantlebury