Vi Dac Tube – Ship Dates?

• November 19, 2015 at 6:38 pm #16728
    BRZGuy
    Participant

Hello!  Now that Vi DAC’s are shipping can we please get an ETA on the Vi DAC Tube versions?  Before Xmas??

Thanks!

• November 20, 2015 at 8:04 am #16746
    LH_Gina
    Participant

Production estimates to start shipping by the end of December….probably not before X-Mas though. :-( We’ll do our best though! :-)

Gina Stewart
    Customer Happiness Agent
    LH Labs
    https://support.lhlabs.com

• January 5, 2016 at 12:27 pm #17442
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

December has come and gone, and there were no announcements regarding the commencement of Vi Tube DAC shipments.

Is it safe to say that no Vi Tube DACs have shipped? If so, what is the new projected start shipping date for Vi Tube DAC?

• January 5, 2016 at 12:32 pm #17443
    LH_Gina
    Participant

Hi Mikey,

Latest LH Labs project timeline from Larry is posted here:

http://lhlabs.com/forum/topic/overall-campaign-shipping-status-update-december-5-2015/

Vi Tube is estimated to start shipping W4 January and complete by the end of March 2016.

Gina Stewart
    Customer Happiness Agent
    LH Labs
    https://support.lhlabs.com

• January 9, 2016 at 6:11 am #17461
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

I assume others, like myself, were charged for shipping last month – but now may not receive our units until March 2016 (maybe)?

Embarrassingly consistent with the original June 2015 shipping date when we all signed up in 2014…

• January 28, 2016 at 9:42 am #17531
    Frans
    Participant

The most recent shipping chart was from Dec 5th. Are there any updates? Looking to see when the VI DAC Tube ships.

Can we get a consistent bookmark to the shipping link that doesn’t change every time?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Frans.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Frans.
  • February 1, 2016 at 8:39 am #17605
    Hercules
    Participant

Any news on Vi DAC tube shipping?

• February 1, 2016 at 2:22 pm #17608
    dapedius
    Participant

It has been almost 2 months without an update on Vi DAC Tube status so I will add my request to those above who would like an update, it would be much appreciated. Really looking forward to listening to this after two years of waiting :-)

• February 2, 2016 at 8:04 am #17613
    Hercules
    Participant

Larry replied at IGG that Vi Tube DAC start shipment this week.

• February 2, 2016 at 9:34 am #17615
    dapedius
    Participant

Thanks did not see that. For others here is his quote from 20 hours ago “We start shipping Vi Tube DAC this week. (won’t be too fast in first three weeks)”

Look forward to some reviews hopefully soon!

• February 13, 2016 at 5:11 pm #17705
    dapedius
    Participant

Update on the IGG source page saying tube has started shipping with 3 shipped and 37 for Vi DAC SS.

• February 15, 2016 at 4:39 am #17714
    sjp770
    Participant

Any more updates on this? Are people getting Shipped notifications or are they just turning up. Eagerly waiting an upgraded VI DAC Tube Infinity here.

• February 15, 2016 at 1:48 pm #17720
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Would be nice to know as well…waiting for a Signature, I assume that will make me last in line.

• February 15, 2016 at 2:54 pm #17721
    matthijsmatthijs
    Participant

It is Larry personal project, so it will likely depend on his time schedule and how happy he is with the out come. I assume these are still personalized SE’s and not one Kind of Larry’s SE. There of course nothing wrong with that last one, but I recall vivid discussions between Pulse Dac SE backers, about what they wanted and what they recommended to fellow SE backers still searching for their signature. They were interesting follow.

• March 3, 2016 at 2:33 pm #17830
    jcooke
    Participant

I would appreciate a update on the project. The last update on IGG was two months ago.

• March 4, 2016 at 4:07 am #17836
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

There are some posts in the comments section of IGG about some people receiving their units, so they seem to be shipping albeit slowly.

Like most things during this debacle of a campaign, you won’t get any meaningful info from LH Labs directly…

• March 6, 2016 at 8:47 am #17854
    jcooke
    Participant

Thanks Brucknerdoc. I gave up reading the IGG comments section a long time ago as it was full of unhappy customers who were being ignored.

I live in hope.

• March 15, 2016 at 3:02 pm #18119
    dapedius
    Participant

Hi,

It has been over a month since the last update to the “Overall Campaign Shipping Status Update” post.  It would be great to get monthly updates so we can see how many have shipped.

Thanks

JP

• March 15, 2016 at 4:40 pm #18122
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

+1 on the previous post, the last shipment update was Feb. 10th in which it said 3 Vi DAC Tube units had shipped.

I was told in a ticket in February that my unit was estimated to ship in the 1st or 2nd week of March. When that didn’t happen, another ticket exchange is now estimating early April. I don’t understand how this can change so much in such a short period of time, and would like to know how much progress (if any) has been made since early February.

• March 16, 2016 at 5:27 am #18126
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Waiting on the Vi Tube, Special Edition…not even sure what the “Special Edition” means these days, and some idea of possible shipping dates would also be appreciated.

• March 16, 2016 at 7:16 am #18128
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

And as usual, LH has gone radio silent – with no comments on here for months. Embarrassing enough that they are year behind their original projected ship date – but requesting payment for shipping months ago and still not delivering??? This company has no conscience…

• March 16, 2016 at 1:40 pm #18134
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Larry started to post a bit on Head Fi recently, but haven’t heard anything from him in a while. I’m sure he’s busy trying to get the gear done and out already, but someone there should keep the supporters informed.

• March 20, 2016 at 1:53 pm #18168
    worldspectator
    Participant

Has anyone actually received  a device yet?

• March 20, 2016 at 2:39 pm #18169
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

There are some posts on IGG of users who have received units, so some have shipped.

However, Larry’s recent post on IGG a few days ago  implies that there are still changes being made – with mention of the first or second week in April as a contact time for further individual refinements. There have been so many changes/additions/modifications of this product since we all put forth our money, it’ll be damn near impossible to say that what we eventually receive is the same/better/worse.

As usual, no definitive word and we all wait in limbo – so even March was beyond their reach…

• March 20, 2016 at 3:07 pm #18170
    sjp770
    Participant

There are some posts on IGG of users who have received units, so some have shipped. However, Larry’s recent post on IGG a few days ago implies that there are still changes being made – with mention of the first or second week in April as a contact time for further individual refinements. There have been so many changes/additions/modifications of this product since we all put forth our money, it’ll be damn near impossible to say that what we eventually receive is the same/better/worse. As usual, no definitive word and we all wait in limbo – so even March was beyond their reach…

Larrys reply was specific to contacting the SE backers for custom sound tweaks.

• March 20, 2016 at 4:05 pm #18171
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Some have received the Solid State version, from what I understand, not the tube yet…

• March 20, 2016 at 4:06 pm #18172
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Special Edition probably will be last, I received email asking for what I’d like (I don’t know, of course, except good sound, don’t have the technical knowledge…)

• March 25, 2016 at 9:53 am #18225
    gokartik
    Participant

Same experience here. I got an email saying they need me to pay for shipping (which I promptly paid). I have reached a state of intellectual curiosity now – is this all vaporware? I mean they did deliver Duke Nukem forever, and that timeline looks like the inspiration here (10 years!)

• March 26, 2016 at 5:14 am #18227
    germay0653
    Participant

I have an SE coming but no email inquiring about tuning yet.

• March 26, 2016 at 6:57 am #18228
    doctorjazz
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>My impression was they were going to reach out to ALL the Vi Tube DAC purchasers and ask about customization requests. My sense is that there aren’t that many of them out there (all Vi Tube units, not just the SE), so that EVERY Vi tube dac is essentially hand tuned, not just the SE. I’m guessing they’re will be contact at some point, at least, that’s how it seemed to me from Larry’s communication (I don’t think he knew I went for the SE when I heard from him). That’s all I know so far (of course, it makes having sprung for the SE seem less worthwhile, since they will all be custom to some extent).</p>

• March 26, 2016 at 6:58 am #18229
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Being LH labs, though, who knows when our if this will happen…

• April 18, 2016 at 12:43 pm #18414
    dapedius
    Participant

Any updates from anyone at LHLabs regarding shipping/production of Vi DAC Tube???  I think I have been fairly patient but now is over two months since the last production update.  If there are any problems I would rather know rather than just hearing nothing for month after month.

• April 18, 2016 at 3:08 pm #18433
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Just opened a ticket with LH Labs asking the same question. The response came from the same “Gina” who posted here earlier. Basically, same non-answer – production is slow, want to make sure everything is in working order, light at the end of the tunnel, etc. – with estimate of shipping now into June. If we’re lucky, that’ll still be six months from when we all paid for shipping – a year after the original estimated ship date – and almost two years from the IGG campaign payments.

There was also a comment that Larry would be posting an updated project timeline “soon”

Anyone holding their breath that any of this information is meaningful – let alone accurate???

The comments on the IGG page have started getting inpatient as well. LH Labs lack of transparency has been an embarrassment.

• April 18, 2016 at 4:23 pm #18434
    matthijsmatthijs
    Participant

After spotting a number of requests for an update in a week’s time, I added a comment just after the Vibrato email and the update on the wave campaign, which was being monitored. Larry responded that there would be an update soon. This was 1,5 weeks ago. I think there was a post on hifi.org stating that Gina responded to a ticket, which indicated that Larry did give some instruction to update the table.

We have seen an increasing number of requests being made over a couple weeks. It just makes you wonder, if they do not get what regular updates mean to us who are waiting and boy we have been waiting. In a few days it has been 30 months since my first pledge towards the pulse which morphed into a vidac tube infinity over time. By the sound of it it is going be 33 months and reading between the lines of the ccx update I more or less expected, or feared, that we are still months away.

That (lack of clarity on adjusted time lines) and that at least two campaigns have not had a signicant update in more then a month, and that promises of a new updates in a week or two (or soon) are not honored, probably cause the recent windfall of update requests.

I have seen people pop up who were (very) active during campaigns and saying that they waited and waited idly, but are now at the end of their patience and kindly request an update.

it should not be that hard to put out a monthly updated table, right?

• April 18, 2016 at 6:47 pm #18435
    doctorjazz
    Participant

That contact a while ago was bad…made me feel like maybe it was finally going to ship (especially since the solid state version shipped). Oh well…

• April 20, 2016 at 7:08 am #18454
    lcocozza
    Participant

The situation is lame, I´ll give  my personal experience, first pledge november 2013 for a geek pulse that got into the upgrade elevator and ended as Vi Dac tube infinity.

Got an invoice for shipping last December, January comes and a new timetable showing that by the end of march all Vi dac tube would be deliverd living in Brazil that has crazy import duties bought myself return tickets to Miami because would be cheaper to bring it in my luggage and declare it to customs than get it delivered by USPS, (Brazil import taxes are nuts there is a 60% import duty even on the price you pay for the shipping, among other costs).

Spent a nice weekend in Florida, almost a month has passed and no news from LH Labs, I got to a point that I do no want it anymore even if it sounds better Berliner Philarmonic Live.

They had a huge opportunity to be very succesfull hifi/tech company but flushed it down the drain.

• April 21, 2016 at 11:47 pm #18468
    gokartik
    Participant

+1 Mathhijs …The wait continues.

• April 25, 2016 at 8:30 am #18480
    lcocozza
    Participant

Right now  I have serious concerns  about the ability of LH Labs  to deliver the expected products, people are just jumping the boat.

Every new timeline they present us is  followed by more excuses, there is no proper answer from the company, really disappointing.

The amount of complaints about the quality of the products delivered is also another question.

Well, just venting my utter disappointment.

• April 26, 2016 at 8:31 pm #18501
    sjp770
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>My impression was they were going to reach out to ALL the Vi Tube DAC purchasers and ask about customization requests. My sense is that there aren’t that many of them out there (all Vi Tube units, not just the SE), so that EVERY Vi tube dac is essentially hand tuned, not just the SE. I’m guessing they’re will be contact at some point, at least, that’s how it seemed to me from Larry’s communication (I don’t think he knew I went for the SE when I heard from him). That’s all I know so far (of course, it makes having sprung for the SE seem less worthwhile, since they will all be custom to some extent).</p>

Only SE versions will get to customize sound profile…

I’m number 146 or so in the Vi DAC Tube (infinity + power cap upgrade + tubes) so there are a few of us waiting. 2017 might be a thing…?

• April 26, 2016 at 8:42 pm #18502
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Not sure about that, but you could be right. My impression was that there weren’t too many Vi Tube DAC units on order, they would ask them what sound profile they would want (I don’t actually know how to describe the sound profile I’d like…want detailed yet warm, textured yet rhythmic, good detailing/soundstage but not exaggerated, basically want it all.

• April 27, 2016 at 3:53 am #18504
    germay0653
    Participant

I’m pretty sure only the SE version will be hand tuned.  Larry, based on past communication with different products, typically does this for the SE only versions by using multiples of the same components with very closely hand matched measurements in the build.  He also performs some other tweaks but I’m not sure what those are, specifically.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by germay0653.
  • April 27, 2016 at 5:45 am #18506
    doctorjazz
    Participant

OK, have to say, I’m very psyched to get and hear this baby already. It would be nice if it is available for the NY Meet in June (though I may be nervous bringing it out, but I’d consider it, and in the end, I’d prefer to wait if it means getting the best possible product). I’m sure Larry will do a great job voicing it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by doctorjazz.
  • April 30, 2016 at 9:07 am #18531
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Larry Ho and LHLabs continue taunting us supporters – IGG page update reports Vi is compatible with Roon. Great… How about an actual product rather than all these demonstrations of wonderfulness? Reports of rave reviews at show appearances and stuff like this about Roon are meaningless with a company that has been dead silent to the supporters that have paid for them to get where they are today – a**clowns…

• May 3, 2016 at 12:39 pm #18537
    dapedius
    Participant

Larry just responded on IGG saying he would get a production update done so looking forward to some news before the end of the week??

• May 7, 2016 at 7:52 am #18545
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Anyone surprised no new production update posted this week, despite Larry’s post?

• May 7, 2016 at 9:46 am #18546
    worldspectator
    Participant

Lets report them as suspected frauds on the Indigogo website and have them deal with the security team. I am considering funding a class action too and meeting with my lawyers end of the month. Behaviors like this irritate me.

• May 7, 2016 at 10:05 am #18547
    germay0653
    Participant

Anybody have any popcorn?

• May 7, 2016 at 12:04 pm #18548
    bjski
    Participant

Still waiting to be asked about my special edition solid state Dac. Also waiting on a source.In the meantime I bought a Bryston BDA-3 Dac along with their BDP-2 player. I’m also on my second Pono as I wait for the Wave.

• May 9, 2016 at 2:57 pm #18550
    dapedius
    Participant

Well in a few minutes (in my time zone) it will be one quarter of a year since the last production update.  Can’t really express my disappointment with LHlabs and their expanded and improved customer satisfaction team who I do not see evidence of anywhere on this forum.

I live in hope that one day I may receive something but those hopes are decreasing rapidly. Signed up for the source as well so no doubt I will go through this process a second time.

Larry please can we have a production update and more importantly when you see the Vi DAC tubes being finished shipping given that earlier estimates were they would all be shipped by the end of March.

• May 10, 2016 at 7:52 am #18551
    lcocozza
    Participant

It is amazing that no one  from LH Labs reply to any of those comments.

I´ve offered then one of the best financial deals ever and no response, They could just repay the money I lent then for the last 2 years with no interest and no other charges.

Just repay me  and we are done, if they  have a cash flow problem lets make it in installments.

LH Labs crew my offer is still valid please take it.

• May 10, 2016 at 4:27 pm #18556
    sjp770
    Participant

So I got sick of all the negativity here and logged a ticket to hear LH Labs side of the story. To be honest if things were as bad as you guys have been saying I would have expected no reply at all…

From Gina:

Hello (name)
    First and foremost I wanted to thank you for all your support and patience. I know its been a long wait, but wanted to assure you that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    The Vi Tubes have not started mass shipping as of yet. Production is working on getting these units our the door. Once your unit is ready to leave our facility, you will be contacted by the Customer Happiness Team for confirmation of shipping address, voltage and any last minute shipping instructions that may be requested.
    Production is pretty slow right now as it usually is when we release a brand new product to the world. We just want to make sure everything is in working order with the ones we have shipped before we start ramping it up. Current estimations in regard to your unit and your date of purchase as to where you are in our shipping queue is around the end of June 2016. You’ll get an email from us to confirm shipping address again and to let you know that your Vi is on it’s way.
    Larry is working on an update for the Vi that will be released soon with pics.
    Again we appreciate your support and if you have any additional questions or concerns, or if I missed anything, please let me know.
    Thanks!
    So here’s hoping we do get an update with 150 of these units on the table at various stages of assembly. If those pictures don’t surface soon I’ll start dreading the worst just as you guys have been.
  • May 10, 2016 at 7:44 pm #18557
    wingsounds13
    Participant

Good to see that you got a reasonable response.  By my rule of thumb of double the time that they estimate I would guess that you may see your Vi around the end of July or early August.

At least things do not seem to be as dire as some doomsayers are yammering about.

J.P.

• May 10, 2016 at 7:53 pm #18558
    lcocozza
    Participant

It is not about being negative it is about facts, I was charged for shipping last December.

They were either trying to raise some cash or they are completely lost and have no idea what goes on into their own company.

They keep on changing timetables with the same excuses, if they want some credibility they should come clear why there is always another couple of months added to our wait.  Are they cash strapped? The CCX modules Implementation is really hard? They lose too much money on those units?

The poor PCB manufacturer is  always  blamed, I just don’t bite it,  at the end I think we will get something but for me it is too late.

• May 10, 2016 at 8:05 pm #18559
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

The lack of transparency is what is embarrassing LH Labs – they promote a product on their website that isn’t even in the ends of those of us who gave them money to startup – for some, that was years ago. And charging for shipping 6mos ago when there obviously no product in the pipeline is despicable.

Btw, I opened a ticket last month and also received almost an identical (i.e. boilerplate) response from “Gina” – however, the projected shipment at that time was the end of May. This month, it’s the end of June. Guess what it’ll be next month???

• May 10, 2016 at 9:17 pm #18560
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

The lack of transparency is what is embarrassing LH Labs – they promote a product on their website that isn’t even in the ends of those of us who gave them money to startup – for some, that was years ago. And charging for shipping 6mos ago when there obviously no product in the pipeline is despicable. Btw, I opened a ticket last month and also received almost an identical (i.e. boilerplate) response from “Gina” – however, the projected shipment at that time was the end of May. This month, it’s the end of June. Guess what it’ll be next month???

Exactly, the same boilerplate response had been given to me as early as February predicting a 1st or 2nd week of March ship date. Then a repeat performance but estimating mid-April, followed by more of the same with mid-May as the estimate. Total BS, based on nothing despite the claims of it coming directly from their production department.

Nothing shy of pathetic and a total repeat performance of the Pulse debacle, despite various claims at that time and afterwards that they had learned from their mistakes and gone through their growing pains.

And those IGG campaign estimated ship dates of April/May 2015? Intentionally misleading, dishonest, shameful.

• May 10, 2016 at 9:54 pm #18561
    bjski
    Participant

I paid for shipping before September 28,2015. I then agreed to a special edition solid state but have yet to be contacted. That’s only 7- 8 months. The wave will be 2 years. This is unexceptionable. They couldn’t use some of the technology of Light Harmonic  Da Vinci DAC? Granted it’s $30,000 but you would think LH use their R&D.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by bjski.
  • May 11, 2016 at 9:50 am #18563
    BRZGuy
    Participant

Hey Larry – Just wondering, if the CCX modules are holding this project up, is their any possibility you could ship with the ‘base’ module and then just ship us the other units when you have them ready? – Or as per the backers here, just provide an update?  Please??

• May 11, 2016 at 11:43 am #18564
    doctorjazz
    Participant

I had thought I might be able to bring it to the NY area meet in June, but doesn’t look promising at this point…have to make due with my Pono and MicroZOTL2.

• May 14, 2016 at 7:44 am #18566
    dapedius
    Participant

Well as I have been a bit negative recently on this forum I see on IGG Larry has just said regarding an update “Yes. And will address Vi SS, Vi Tube and Signature Edition production.” so I will leave it at that apart from I notice some comments getting deleted from IGG which is interesting.

LHLabs, all we really want is honest communication on a regular basis, perhaps some feedback in YOUR forums which seems sadly lacking.  This would really help managing expectations and help us understand your challenges in producing these DACs.

• May 14, 2016 at 7:53 am #18567
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Good eye picking up the deleted comments – Dapedius. I thought I was losing it since I remember some comments that were no longer posted there on IGG…

This seems to be Larry’s token bone he throws us – said the same thing a couple of weeks in a response on IGG, but posted no followup production update. Now, the same thing yesterday…

He and Gavin do not respond to emails – at least the critical ones I send – so they’ll just keep stringing us along. Can’t push a wet noodle, I guess…

• May 16, 2016 at 6:37 pm #18572
    sjp770
    Participant

Update in case anyone missed it:

Dear Vi DAC backers,

It’s time to update the current production progress. Due to the nature and requirements of your top grade Vi DAC, including none-parallel wall chassis that need very good CNC machining time, hand soldering naked resistors and match, and down to every detail Audio Precision testing for individual units. We are taking care of each Vi DAC as it is being built to pass our high QC standards as we all know this investment is a meaningful one to you.

The first few months of production speed didn’t pick up too fast.  But in past few weeks with some internal work flow enhancement, now the production speed is running at

(1) For Vi DAC Infinity (solid state), we could produce 20~25 units per month.

(2) For Vi Tube DAC, currently is 10 ~ 15 units and expect to be 20 ~ 25 units too.

Previously, the major hold back for Tube version is the Chassis CNC. Our CNC factory built a new tool to help stabilize the chassis during the machining process. So the chassis manufacturer accelerate production. Slowly but surely we will win this race!

And for the Signature Edition Vi Tube DAC backers, this week we will send out the Vi Tube Signature Edition survey and let you start the customization of your own unit. Each unit will be listened and customized by our engineers and me. I would really love to communicate with you through the same format like Geek Pulse SE edition via Google Doc.

Cheers,

Larry

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by sjp770.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by sjp770.
  • May 17, 2016 at 3:45 am #18575
    dapedius
    Participant

Update on IGG from Larry …

<span style=”color: #2a2a2a; font-family: ‘Benton Sans’, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; background-color: #f5f5f5;”>”Manny will update the overall production progress chart. For Vi Solid State, we shipped out 70+ and just another 4 out this week. Vi Tube we shipped 7 and there will be 4 more out next week.”</span>

Could be in for a long wait for tubes as this rate of just over 1 per month (3 produced in last update in Feb). Really hope they pickup speed on this to the 20 – 25 per month estimated.

I was not really sure what the issue was with the CNC machining of the tube chassis – this is the same as the SS edition with two holes added for tubes?  I would not have thought that would be a major issue, so anyone from Lhlabs willing to say more on this?

• May 17, 2016 at 4:19 am #18576
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Even with the best case of 20-25/mo, we’re looking at 6-12mo for us tube backers (200 or so) – ouch…

• May 17, 2016 at 4:21 am #18577
    sjp770
    Participant

Is there figures that show how many SS vs Tube? Sometimes I feel like the numbers like 200 include both..?

• May 17, 2016 at 4:45 am #18578
    Nzboot
    Participant

I don’t know the figures of ss tube and I tell you that i am in the 8 th issue of DACs so that’s 80 of I guess ss and tube DACs

Also thanks Dapedius for your comment and keeping all facts together I appreciate it.

• May 17, 2016 at 4:59 am #18579
    doctorjazz
    Participant

The tube is the one with the swappable boards, no? That would make it somewhat more complex to manufacture, I’d guess.

Haven’t received the survey…have a Signature on order. Not sure what to ask for, detailed yet warm, open/wide stage yet realistic, PRAT and detail, tonal richness and imaging/detail? I WAN’T EVERYTHING!!!

• May 19, 2016 at 12:51 pm #18589
    dapedius
    Participant

Production sheet updated yesterday not much we don’t know apart from comment saying production will increase to 30+ after May so fingers crossed.

• May 19, 2016 at 2:31 pm #18590
    sjp770
    Participant

Got a link to the production sheet?

• May 19, 2016 at 2:36 pm #18591
    matthijsmatthijs
    Participant

http://lhlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Shipping_Status_MAY182016.pdf

Here you go. The link is also in the announcement section first post.

• May 19, 2016 at 2:49 pm #18592
    sjp770
    Participant

Thanks. Is there a Google spreadsheet somewhere as well? I’d love to see a qty ordered for each as well

• May 19, 2016 at 3:45 pm #18593
    matthijsmatthijs
    Participant

The only spreadsheet I know is the Geek product list and updates, but it has not been updated after 2014 and does list quanties.

the total number vidacs has not been officially announced. The number 2oo has been singing around on the forums. It seems we have about 1200 backers. The number is is actual backings in the vidac campaign. Assuming every backer made multiple pledges and the average would be 4 perks per backer we are looking at 240 vidacs. If the average would be closer to my number (6), we end up at 200.

Somehow I have the idea in my head that there will be around 110-120 ss vidacs and there would be around 70-80 tube vidacs. The ss vidac are nearing the end of production around the end of May with the possible exception of the SE editions of the ss Vidacs. By the end of this week around 80 ss units will be finished. The tube’s production is ramping up to 30 a month in June. If they can achieve and maintain that production speed then August would be the worst case scenario. SE tubes backers may have to some more patient. Although, Larry said in this week’s update, that basically there is no series build here and everyone of the babies is getting a lot individual attention. SE’s may rolling out of the lhlabs side by side with infinities and xfi’s.

patience is the motto for Lhlabs campaigns, and a bit more is needed, but there is a light…..

• May 19, 2016 at 6:22 pm #18594
  • May 19, 2016 at 7:17 pm #18595
    Hercules
    Participant

One of the update said 306 backers and lhlabs ask for hitting 500 to get save, but Gina said we didn’t hit that number, I believe the actual number close to 400…..

http://lhlabs.com/forum/topic/force-of-500-vi-dac-and-sd-upgrade-slot/

• June 19, 2016 at 8:52 pm #18732
    gokartik
    Participant

I really, really want this baby… the most expensive DAC I will (hopefully) own. Hoping that there’s some news soon!

• June 20, 2016 at 4:07 am #18733
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

The last news posted by Larry was nothing more than confirming the slow trickle of their production process…

Last time I contacted LHL, I was told mine would ship by the end of May – early June – gave up holding my breath a long time ago with this clusterf*ck…

• July 14, 2016 at 6:16 pm #18817
    shimrod
    Participant

Just received an update from LHlabs – While we are making the device and matching components. We got more and more good feedbacks from Vi Tube DAC backers. They are really enjoying the sound and put their beloved tubes into Vi DAC.

This implies the tube DACs have been shipped and the signatures are the remaining items.

Who else hasn’t received their ViDac tube? I was in on the GO and the GO V2 – in both cases LH failed to ship me my product until I submitted a trouble ticket. The saying is that once is a fluke, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action….

• July 14, 2016 at 6:22 pm #18818
    sjp770
    Participant

Nothing here. I was told I was 145 or something in line and to expect it last month… or this month. Can’t recall as I didn’t put much stock in it. I’ll log a ticket and I urge others to so we get a real update. Even a monthly email out stating how many in the queue have been sent out would be something.

• July 14, 2016 at 6:24 pm #18819
    jcooke
    Participant

I have not received my Vi Tube and I was thinking the same thing.

• July 15, 2016 at 12:07 am #18820
    dapedius
    Participant

Do not have mine either, Geek Soul backer lot 2 I think.  Last estimate was end of June then i asked an in was another couple of months.  Given up and bought another DAC now so will sell my Vi DAC when I eventually get it.

• July 15, 2016 at 6:14 am #18821
    lcocozza
    Participant

Nothing here as well, sounds like LH Labs trying to sweet things with some buyers.

With the little information we have so far, Q1 2017  will be gone and they will be still shipping Vi dac tubes.

• July 15, 2016 at 6:30 am #18822
    bjski
    Participant

They claim they are working on the tube special edition but I’ve have yet to be contacted on the solid state Speacial Edition. Still waiting on the source and the wave.

I also purchased another Dac & source server.

• July 16, 2016 at 1:53 pm #18827
    ss
    Participant

No viDAC Tube here either. I’m assuming it will eventually come, but not soon.

Steve

• July 18, 2016 at 6:46 am #18831
    federalist
    Participant

I was in the very 1st batch (of 10) of pulse to geek soul trade up. I haven’t received my Vi-Tube either so not sure in what order these are being shipped.

Also, apart from Josh (Junker), I haven’t seen any public feedback about ViDac tube. Nothing from Newport show report either.

• July 18, 2016 at 6:48 am #18832
    sjp770
    Participant

No response on my support ticket yet…

6 weeks…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by sjp770.
  • July 18, 2016 at 9:44 am #18833
  • July 18, 2016 at 11:00 am #18834
    Manny Torres
    Keymaster

Hey guys, Okay we received feedback from the Newport show for backers who received their Vi DAC Tube.

I do show a few units out to China and areas around it, so the other review i am not completely sure on.
  • July 18, 2016 at 3:43 pm #18836
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Just received the periodic response to my ticket from “Gina” – same response as every other ticket for the past 6mos – “shipping expected in another 6 weeks”

This company has no shame…

• July 18, 2016 at 5:50 pm #18837
    Hercules
    Participant

Just received the periodic response to my ticket from “Gina” – same response as every other ticket for the past 6mos – “shipping expected in another 6 weeks” This company has no shame…

Robotics reply machine?

• July 20, 2016 at 12:38 pm #18842
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

Just received the periodic response to my ticket from “Gina” – same response as every other ticket for the past 6mos – “shipping expected in another 6 weeks” This company has no shame…

Thank you, that’s the same response I too have been receiving since February.

I won’t bother with another ticket, no sense in being lied to repeatedly, I’m really not sure what LH Labs thinks they are accomplishing with that behavior but I can assure them it’s not good.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by MikeyFresh.
  • July 20, 2016 at 2:28 pm #18845
    wingsounds13
    Participant

It is unfortunate that several years in now they still seem to be utterly incompetent at scheduling production and delivery to customers.  I hate making this observation because I really, really want to believe in this company and want it to thrive.  Larry is obviously an engineer and as is common with the type is not a strong manager.  I think that it would really benefit them find a really good Chief Operating Officer who could get the company working effectively and efficiently end to end, including production and delivery scheduling.

J.P.

• July 20, 2016 at 3:06 pm #18846
    shimrod
    Participant

I’m really not sure what LH Labs thinks they are accomplishing with that behavior but I can assure them it’s not good.

That’s the beauty (from LH’s perspective) of the crowdfunding method. They already have your money long before you expect to see a product.  We’ve already paid and we’re no longer a potential customer. LH is too busy chasing the next customer to serve the current customer. Just check out all the audio show posts, you can see where they’re focusing their time and attention.

• July 20, 2016 at 3:20 pm #18847
    sjp770
    Participant

What worries me is where is their current income coming from? The longer the delay the longer they have to pay the staff they have, with not a lot of new income sources. I suppose they did have the portable amp recently.

• August 8, 2016 at 8:22 am #18908
    lcocozza
    Participant

Another month gone, and nothing.

Anyone can report a Vi Dac  delivery?

• August 8, 2016 at 10:16 am #18909
    matthijsmatthijs
    Participant

http://www.head-fi.org/t/754102/lh-labs-gorgeous-vi-dac-tube-ss-outputs/495

Here are a few reports from people who received a vidac both solid state as tube.

enjoy.

• August 8, 2016 at 11:32 am #18912
    lcocozza
    Participant

Just Browsed the last 3 of months of this thread, 3 deliveries reported, 1 SS, 1 Tube and 1 SS delivered to someone who ordered a Tube one.

The guy who got the  SS about a month ago reported that it is not turning on, and is struggling with LH Labs support.

So far not really good news, but who knows.

• August 10, 2016 at 12:46 am #18939
    Nzboot
    Participant

New shipping info does not make any sense to me here is my post I left on indigogo page

Wow the vi DAC tube gives no idea about any thing.

What it says about vidac ss there are 10 more to deliver and this will take till October.

Why is it not done by the end of August as there is only ten left according to lh numbers.

I don’t like chance of vi DAC tube to be sent out at 25 a month.

Has there even been one sent.

Thoughts and ideas team

• September 6, 2016 at 8:46 pm #19123
    mufans
    Participant

My ticket a week ago only got an standard anser that 8-12 weeks I will be notified the delivery timeframe!  But I was told by Gina 2 months my unit will be ready in.6-8 weeks!

I asked more in details and stated my perk way back to Nov 2014, but no response is received yet.  They even don’t bother to reply us!

• September 18, 2016 at 1:50 pm #19196
    Nzboot
    Participant

Yes I have had the standard 8 to 12 weeks reply acouple of times to. Rather just have the truth what ever that is.

• September 27, 2016 at 8:33 am #19256
    lcocozza
    Participant

Gavin Fish updated Pulse Dac campaign on Indiegogo, for those who did not see is good to read it before reading my post

Sorry but i don´t bite Gavin story about the the Pulse delay, blaming Larry, the PCB vendor and now the plot thickens … an active  component is failing and needed to be reordered, and the same old same old.

LH Labs team/ Larry Ho there is no more excuse for the company not to come clean with their clients, I understand this is an Startup project that was crowdfunded, but there is no excuse for the lack of transparency, this is a good, maybe last, opportunity to make things clear with the people who funded the project, I hope to see clear and objective to the following questions.

Was the Vi DAC  affected by the same design/parts/production flaws?

Is there any other technical problem delaying Vi DAC production/shipping?

How many orders are still pending, actual numbers?

A real schedule if possible, if not also be clear.

I think this the least they can do for their credibility.

Otherwise Gavin update is just Smoke and Mirrors

• September 27, 2016 at 8:47 am #19257
    erniejade
    Participant

I am with all of what has been said above. I was surprised to see the update from Gavin.  I was also surprised with how unprofessional Gavin was in his “continued” update saying “You probably don’t care ( I wouldn’t if I were in your shoes) “.  I think the update should have come from someone who is still employed at LH and  agree with Lcocozza’s questions above. Enough is enough. Time to come clean!

• September 27, 2016 at 12:05 pm #19259
    Frans
    Participant

It is the nature of technical production to encounter snags along the way. What seems to be missing at LH is a strong program manager who determines when to allow or veto the inevitable feature creep, and how to report on progress across production lines.

Bad components and mistakes will happen, regardless of blame assignment. We care about insight and resolution timeframes. This is where the direct to consumer model differs from a distributor model – we are both shareholders and customers, so transparency is key. Commit to a communication SLA with us, like say, a weekly update. If shipping is not happening we ought to know why. Move the delivery dates out when delays happen. It’s far, far worse to have extended radio silence than it is to over-communicate, or re-set expectations when things go sideways. Makes people wonder who is steering the ship.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Frans.
  • September 27, 2016 at 1:54 pm #19261
    sjp770
    Participant

Any updates from Gavin always sounded ‘fishy’ anyway. It makes no sense that he is not working at lhlabs anymore but is still the ‘owner’ of the Indiegogo campaign and can comment on it.

Which site should we move this discussion to if the forum here closes? Better if we are all on the same page – if they don’t deliver soon is there any legal recourse for backers to get their money back?

I really hope my money didn’t just help Larry buy his Tesla.

• September 27, 2016 at 2:10 pm #19262
    BRZGuy
    Participant

..I thought it was Gavin’s Tesla??

Based on my experience with way too many fraudulent Indigogo ‘perks’ – there is no effective legal recourse with these projects.  Yes, you can file a complaint with BBB or your Credit Card or Indigogo but none will get you your money back and none will get you the product you paid for.  With this, it looks like there is an issue – yes, but it appears as if there is a way to fix it and ship the remaining units.  I would rather support the product ‘fix’ and hold out hope in getting my Vi DAC sometime in 2017 than lead the mob with torches and pitchforks.  I would hate to see LH Labs disappear along with my money and all the work by the community here go to waste.  The products I have received (GO, GOV2+, Blue) have been really good I will continue to support Larry and team to continue to figure out a way forward to deliver my Vi DAC, Source, Wave(s) and hopefully more. I have been waiting almost 3 years now for my Geek Pulse (now Vi DAC) – so clearly I am in the “better late than never” camp.

I encourage the community to support Larry and team to get to end of job.  They can figure this out, maybe with a little help but I think they will get there.

• September 27, 2016 at 2:18 pm #19263
    sjp770
    Participant

I am with you, I really want the unit I drooled over and pumped more and more money into with all those extra perks… But we’ve not seen tangible evidence of many of the finished chassis, or even a photo of a bulk batch of boards waiting to be populated. If it can’t be delivered in a timely fashion then we should have a real update. If production was just halted while Larry tried to solve the other issues Gavin mentioned and there is no issue with the VI DACs then let us know.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by sjp770. Reason: Typos
  • September 27, 2016 at 4:16 pm #19265
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Looks like that “update” by Gavin has really caused an uproar! I hope LH Labs will give us a real update at some point. The Vi DAC seemed to be moving along at the beginning of the year, then everything went quiet.

• October 4, 2016 at 11:33 am #19296
    lcocozza
    Participant

Still no news, right now I have little expectation of getting what I payed for.

They charged me the shipping last year knowing that there was no product to be send, in my opinion they ran out of money and are struggling to fulfill the orders.

• October 4, 2016 at 4:01 pm #19297
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Just got the latest update today (not sure why some got it yesterday). Still sounds like the Vi Dac Tube is going to be released at some point. Don’t see why they would belabor the point if they were going to stiff everyone, you just lay low or apologize to the folks on the losing end. So, I continue to be cautiosly optimistic. (and, as I mentioned somewhere, it doesn’t really help to take it any other way, anyway).

• October 4, 2016 at 4:16 pm #19298
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Just noticed that all the posts from yesterday are missing.

Other than today, the last posts are from Sept. 27

Hmmmm….

• October 4, 2016 at 5:43 pm #19299
    mufans
    Participant

The update is useless as it is another story to make us believe the problem they encounter, no one knows it is true or not.

No shipping schedule for our units are not provided, it is just another blah blah……..bull shit!

• October 4, 2016 at 5:51 pm #19300
    sjp770
    Participant

Feeling better after the update, would still prefer to see a photo of the “14-15 per month” that are getting done.

• October 14, 2016 at 7:53 pm #19338
    spud
    Participant

Hey Larry,

Has the problem with the chassis manufacturer been resolved, and if so, are Vi Dac shipping again?

Cheers

• October 15, 2016 at 9:21 am #19339
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Zero chance of getting any response from Larry or LH Labs here – at least anything meaningful…

• October 15, 2016 at 10:05 am #19340
    shimrod
    Participant

According to the email I received from LH labs today, Larry is busy personally tuning GO2s for new retail sales. Despite protestations to the contrary, you can see where the priorities are. He’s already banked our money and his time is now spent pursuing new customers.

• October 15, 2016 at 1:35 pm #19341
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Can you post the email?

• October 15, 2016 at 3:22 pm #19342
    shimrod
    Participant

<h1 id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46561″ style=”display: block; margin: 0; padding: 0; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 40px; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold; line-height: 125%; letter-spacing: -1px; text-align: left; color: #606060;”><span id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46579″ style=”font-size: 26px;”><span id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46578″ style=”color: #800000;”>GO2A Signature Edition</span></span></h1>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46523″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextBlock” style=”min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46522″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextBlockOuter”>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46521″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46520″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextBlockInner” style=”padding-top: 9px;” valign=”top”>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46583″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextContentContainer” style=”overflow-x: auto; max-width: 100%; min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″ align=”left”>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46582″>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46581″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46580″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextContent” style=”color: #606060; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; line-height: 150%; text-align: center; padding: 0 18px 9px 18px;” valign=”top”>
    <p id=”yiv7151905155docs-internal-guid-04612dc2-c4f0-ff07-5330-eac406fbb603″ dir=”ltr” style=”line-height: 1.38; margin-top: 0pt; margin-bottom: 0pt; text-align: left; margin: 10px 0; padding: 0; color: #606060; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px;”><span id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46585″ style=”font-size: 12px;”><em id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46584″ style=”background-color: transparent; color: #000000; font-family: arial; font-size: 14.6667px; font-style: italic; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline;”>”I just received my upgraded GO2A DAC today. I just wanted to let everyone know back at LH that this thing is incredible. Majestically Powerful. Oh My God!!!! I never thought that things could be so much better than the older Geek Out V2. The new GO2A is beyond my expectations. The music is so much clearer, with more punch. Instruments are so well defined, textures are so real, nuances are scary, Micro & Macro Dynamics are amazing. This product is simply outstanding. Pure Genius!!! Congratulations to everyone at LH Labs. I hope you sell a ton of these.</span></p>

<span style=”font-size: 12px;”><em style=”background-color: transparent; color: #000000; font-family: arial; font-size: 14.6667px; font-style: italic; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline;”>Thank You Sooo… Much.” </span>

</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46594″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextBlock” style=”min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46593″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextBlockOuter”>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46592″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46591″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextBlockInner” style=”padding-top: 9px;” valign=”top”>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46590″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextContentContainer” style=”overflow-x: auto; max-width: 100%; min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″ align=”left”>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46589″>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46588″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46587″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextContent” style=”color: #606060; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; line-height: 150%; text-align: center; padding: 0 18px 9px 18px;” valign=”top”>

<span style=”color: #800000;”><span style=”background-color: transparent; font-family: arial; font-size: 14.6667px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline;”><span style=”font-size: 22px;”>Great News! </span></span></span><span id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46595″ style=”background-color: transparent; color: #000000; font-family: arial; font-size: 14.666666666666666px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline;”>GO2A is receiving an enthusiastic reception, and we couldn’t be happier! Just as with our previous Geek Out Generations, there is a GO2A flavor for everyone. This includes our small batch Signature Edition units which will be included in retail GO2A production and, as usual, personally worked upon by Larry. We are expecting the components at our office the fourth week of October with current estimate to ship out in November once Larry is done putting some final touches on them. </span>

</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46599″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextBlock” style=”min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46598″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextBlockOuter”>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46597″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46596″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextBlockInner” style=”padding-top: 9px;” valign=”top”>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46603″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextContentContainer” style=”overflow-x: auto; max-width: 100%; min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″ align=”left”>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46602″>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46601″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46600″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextContent” style=”color: #606060; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; line-height: 150%; text-align: center; padding: 0 18px 9px 18px;” valign=”top”></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    <table id=”yiv7151905155templateContainer” border=”0″ width=”600″ cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46529″>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46528″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46527″ align=”center” valign=”top”>
    <table id=”yiv7151905155templateHeader” style=”border-collapse: collapse; background-color: #ffffff; border-top: 0; border-bottom: 1px solid #E6E6E6;” border=”0″ width=”600″ cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46526″>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46525″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46524″ class=”yiv7151905155headerContainer” valign=”top”>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46569″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextBlock” style=”min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46568″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextBlockOuter”>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46567″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46566″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextBlockInner” style=”padding-top: 9px;” valign=”top”>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46565″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextContentContainer” style=”overflow-x: auto; max-width: 100%; min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″ align=”left”>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46564″>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46563″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46562″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnTextContent” style=”color: #606060; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; line-height: 150%; text-align: center; padding: 0 18px 9px 18px;” valign=”top”></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46616″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46615″ align=”center” valign=”top”>
    <table id=”yiv7151905155templateColumns” style=”border-collapse: collapse; background-color: #ffffff; border-top: 0; border-bottom: 0;” border=”0″ width=”600″ cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46614″>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46613″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46642″ class=”yiv7151905155columnsContainer” align=”left” valign=”top” width=”50%”>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46641″ class=”yiv7151905155templateColumn” style=”border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46640″>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46639″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46638″ class=”yiv7151905155leftColumnContainer” valign=”top”>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46646″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnDividerBlock” style=”min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse; table-layout: fixed;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46645″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnDividerBlockOuter”>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46644″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46643″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnDividerBlockInner” style=”min-width: 100%; padding: 18px;”>
    <table class=”yiv7151905155mcnDividerContent” style=”min-width: 100%; border-top: 0px none; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46637″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnImageBlock” style=”min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46636″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnImageBlockOuter”>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46635″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46634″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnImageBlockInner” style=”padding: 9px;” valign=”top”>
    <table class=”yiv7151905155mcnImageContentContainer” style=”min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″ align=”left”>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class=”yiv7151905155mcnImageContent” style=”text-align: center; padding: 0 9px 0 9px;” valign=”top”></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46612″ class=”yiv7151905155columnsContainer” align=”left” valign=”top” width=”50%”>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46611″ class=”yiv7151905155templateColumn” style=”border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46610″>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46609″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46608″ class=”yiv7151905155rightColumnContainer” valign=”top”>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46607″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnDividerBlock” style=”min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse; table-layout: fixed;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46606″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnDividerBlockOuter”>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46605″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46604″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnDividerBlockInner” style=”min-width: 100%; padding: 18px;”>
    <table class=”yiv7151905155mcnDividerContent” style=”min-width: 100%; border-top: 0px none; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    <table class=”yiv7151905155mcnImageBlock” style=”min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody class=”yiv7151905155mcnImageBlockOuter”>
    <tr>
    <td class=”yiv7151905155mcnImageBlockInner” style=”padding: 9px;” valign=”top”>
    <table class=”yiv7151905155mcnImageContentContainer” style=”min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″ align=”left”>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class=”yiv7151905155mcnImageContent” style=”text-align: center; padding: 0 9px 0 9px;” valign=”top”></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46618″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46617″ align=”center” valign=”top”>
    <table id=”yiv7151905155templateBody” style=”border-collapse: collapse; background-color: #ffffff; border-top: 0; border-bottom: 1px solid #E6E6E6;” border=”0″ width=”600″ cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46625″>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46624″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46623″ class=”yiv7151905155bodyContainer” valign=”top”>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46622″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnButtonBlock” style=”min-width: 100%; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46621″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnButtonBlockOuter”>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46620″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46619″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnButtonBlockInner” style=”padding: 0 18px 18px 18px;” align=”center” valign=”top”>
    <table id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46629″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnButtonContentContainer” style=”border-collapse: separate; border-radius: 3px; background-color: #800000;” border=”0″ width=”100%” cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
    <tbody id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46628″>
    <tr id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46627″>
    <td id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1476533859656_46626″ class=”yiv7151905155mcnButtonContent” style=”font-family: Arial; font-size: 16px; padding: 15px;” align=”center” valign=”middle”>Only six available – first come first serve – $599</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

• October 15, 2016 at 3:23 pm #19343
    shimrod
    Participant

Sorry, tried to copy and paste the email and got a bunch of trash. I’ll try again.

• October 15, 2016 at 3:24 pm #19344
    shimrod
    Participant

GO2A Signature Edition

Great News! GO2A is receiving an enthusiastic reception, and we couldn’t be happier! Just as with our previous Geek Out Generations, there is a GO2A flavor for everyone. This includes our small batch Signature Edition units which will be included in retail GO2A production and, as usual, personally worked upon by Larry. We are expecting the components at our office the fourth week of October with current estimate to ship out in November once Larry is done putting some final touches on them.

Only six available – first come first serve – $599

• October 16, 2016 at 3:49 am #19345
    matthijsmatthijs
    Participant

Best chance of getting a response is on indiegogo.

It would be nice to know if the delivered number vidacs tube have increased by 30 to 52. This shows either that lhlabs’ estimates are accurate or that the machining issue also impacted August and September. Where is btw the promised production update?

I trust Larry to pull through at the end with the help of the team, which I expressed a few times, but there are a few things that irritate me.

The fact that lhlabs is sitting on my shipping fee for nine months, marks asking for shipping money with obviously no shipping insight as a seriously uncool move. Based on the production planning they should have asked for payment 7 days to 10 days before working on somebody’s unit. Now it looks as intentionally separating their backers from their cash.

I have accepted that all lhlabs products will have close to a 30/36 months development cycle, which was obscured in the campaigns. Apparently, most products were at the start of the development cycle.

I would appreciate if they stick to the task. Now Larry is working on the gov02 signatures. I thought Larry was working on the Vidac tube signatures (no self interest, inifiny backer) or are these close to finished? Even if they are finished, then aren’t there things queued up that deserve priority before new “projects”.

Keep providing full disclosure. I thought Gavin’s message was not chique, he is part of lhlabs for all I care, but resulted in some necessary disclosure. If an update lists a tent pole, like for example getting the chassis issue sorted, please report back. Furthermore, use one medium to inform the backers. My suggestion, use Indiegogo updates, mark them for backers only if you need to do that.

Well that being said, keep on pushing!

• October 18, 2016 at 8:54 am #19356
    AbbyGelber
    Participant

Hi..i am a new user here. As per my knowledge you can file a complaint with BBB or your Credit Card or Indigogo but none will get you your money back and none will get you the product you paid for.  With this, it looks like there is an issue – yes, but it appears as if there is a way to fix it and ship the remaining units.  I would rather support the product ‘fix’ and hold out hope in getting my Vi DAC sometime in 2017 than lead the mob with torches and pitchforks.  I would hate to see LH Labs disappear along with my money and all the work by the community here go to waste.

• October 18, 2016 at 9:04 am #19357
    lcocozza
    Participant

I understand your position and most of the members agree with you, there are neither  torches nor pitchforks, just people who believed in a project payed a good lump of money upfront and can´t get a respectful and honest answer from the company.

That pathetic message from Gavin on Indiegogo will be a month old in a few days, and we did not get a single line from LH Lab in this topic.

Sorry to tell you but the community work was destroyed by LH Labs when they got rid of the first forum.

• October 18, 2016 at 12:15 pm #19358
    matthijsmatthijs
    Participant

Hi don’t worry about me and my pitch forks. They are nicely tucked away. I frequently vented my support and trust in Larry and his people. I definitely preach patience. No point in receiving a unit and it turns out  to be less than expected (expecting a lot btw) or faulted. Sometimes I need to blow off some steam and they should really consider it some friendly advice or clarification how things are/could be perceived.

We all know that Larry knows what he is doing (engineering wise). There are enough testimonies to support that he can design incredible products. I sometimes feel that I want to put those testimonies to the test in my living room ?

• October 19, 2016 at 6:18 am #19374
    erniejade
    Participant

Besides the lack of communication, my other small issue is how fast things in the digital world ( like this dac) can become obsolete. It has been 2 years. More advances have been made. We now have a lot of amazing streamers that have some darn good built in Dacs. I can see more and more of them coming out. I can also see this type of dac replacing the Vi. I am starting to feel by the time we get it,( 3+ year mark) we have paid for something that was state of the art at the time but now is one step closer to being obsolete.

Looks like someone actually received one but selling it already.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by erniejade.
  • October 19, 2016 at 6:34 am #19376
  • October 19, 2016 at 10:54 pm #19379
    spud
    Participant

That’s interesting.  At least it’s solid evidence that they are being shipped.

I would be happy just to know the rate at which they are shipping. That doesn’t seem too much to ask.

Btw, I do agree that Larry has proven himself a brilliant engineer, but he really does need a decent production manager. I get the impression he’s trying to do it all, and that just doesn’t work.

• November 1, 2016 at 12:37 pm #19409
    lcocozza
    Participant

Over a month since Gavin talking on Indiegogo and yet not even a line from any LH LAB member, impressive and professional.

• December 28, 2016 at 6:56 am #19654
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Hard to know if this forum is even valid anymore – wholesale deletion of comments has taken place going back several months

The IGG forum has had no meaningful response from LHL either

3yrs ago when I contributed, there was a place in my system for this DAC – now, it is irrelevant…

• January 2, 2017 at 1:09 pm #19666
    matthijsmatthijs
    Participant

Vidac requires a good status report like most of lhlabs crowfunding efforts. People desperately want to be updated.

• January 2, 2017 at 1:54 pm #19667
    shimrod
    Participant

“Larry has proven himself a brilliant engineer”

A large part of consumer engineering is ensuring constructability….a design is worthless if it can’t be translated into a physical product. From the reports so far LH has designed an enclosure that vendors can’t manufacture….hardly a sign of design genius.

Engineering is a team game…it sounds as if LH could use a good mechanical engineer.

On another topic, I submitted a ticket last month asking for an update and was assured my ViDac would ship in 12 weeks.

• January 2, 2017 at 8:14 pm #19668
    Nzboot
    Participant

I am not sure the problem is people can not construct it. If this was so no one would have a vi dac I wonder if it is a cash problem.

We can not know either because of two things

1 no updates

2 when we do recive an update there seams to be no facts or honesty in them.

• February 4, 2017 at 12:09 pm #20063
    Nzboot
    Participant

Simple question I would like a simple reply please.

how many vi DACs  been shipped?

how many vi DACs to be shipped?

how many vi dac tubes been shipped?

how many vi dac tubes to be shipped?

thanks Adrian

• February 4, 2017 at 6:29 pm #20067
    wingsounds13
    Participant

Simple straight forward questions with answers that should be very easy to give.  Unfortunately they are state secrets that would cause the universe to implode if they were to be known by anyone.  Somehow I doubt that anyone even within the walls of LH Labs knows the answer to more than one of these questions – assuming that ANYONE knows any of these answers.

This company is not exactly inspiring confidence.

J.P.

• February 5, 2017 at 7:31 pm #20080
    jcooke
    Participant

For the Vi Tube, from what I can determine there has only been one shipped.

• February 7, 2017 at 2:28 am #20098
    spud
    Participant

One?

One was for sale in Canada (see post #19376 above) and I’m pretty sure Josh Junker received his so that’s two. There could be more!

• February 14, 2017 at 10:18 am #20198
    Nzboot
    Participant
    <span class=”x-item-info-date” style=”box-sizing: border-box; float: left;”>FEBRUARY 4, 2017 AT 12:09 PM</span>#20063
    NZBOOT

PARTICIPANT
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1.313em;”>Simple question I would like a simple reply please.</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1.313em;”>how many vi DACs  been shipped?</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1.313em;”>how many vi DACs to be shipped?</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1.313em;”>how many vi dac tubes been shipped?</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1.313em;”>how many vi dac tubes to be shipped?</p>
    <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 1.313em;”>thanks Adrian</p>

• February 14, 2017 at 12:14 pm #20207
    sjp770
    Participant

Where is the consolidated portal with exactly what we ordered that they promised us in the email a few weeks ago?

• February 15, 2017 at 4:49 pm #20226
    shimrod
    Participant

There’s at least one retailer advertising ViDac Tube online. Availability says “usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks”. That explains why shipments to the original backers are few and far between, we’re waiting behind the full price retail customers. Let me once again express my disgust with LH and their deceptive practices.

Link – <span id=”yui_3_16_0_ym19_1_1487112959902_47463″ style=”font-size: 12.0pt; color: black;”>http://shop.sightandsoundgallery.com/LH-Labs-VI-DAC-Tube-Infinity-p/113ee-lhlvidactubei.htm</span&gt;

• February 15, 2017 at 5:02 pm #20227
    sjp770
    Participant

Could that not be the same as the units Amazon bought of the Geek Pulse? They had them for sale before the preorders had finished shipping but that was because Amazon actually backed the Indiegogo campaign.

• February 15, 2017 at 8:20 pm #20228
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Tried the link, didn’t work, maybe taken down?

• February 15, 2017 at 8:22 pm #20230
  • February 15, 2017 at 8:31 pm #20231
    Nzboot
    Participant

Looks like one for sale at above link. Who is happy about this?

not me for one feel like they are taking the piss.

• February 15, 2017 at 9:04 pm #20233
    spud
    Participant

Regarding the above link, it states on the website it usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks, so it appears they may not have one in stock.  They may be assuming they can get one within that time frame.

• February 16, 2017 at 1:14 pm #20237
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Link worked, if they can get one 1-2 weeks, can we? (of course not…)

• February 16, 2017 at 5:46 pm #20243
    shimrod
    Participant

“usually ships” implies they’ve shipped at least one…I don’t think they’re assuming anything. To me it looks like they have an understanding with LH labs…as soon as a customer pays full retail LH ships them a ViDac.

Meanwhile those of us who paid (years ago) for the development of this equipment are left waiting for the day LH produces one more DAC than the retail customers have asked for…

• February 16, 2017 at 8:08 pm #20244
    doctorjazz
    Participant
      <li style=”text-align: right;”>I’ve heard from elsewhere a cash customer can get one without to long a wait
  • February 16, 2017 at 9:05 pm #20246
    wingsounds13
    Participant

This habit of LH Labs selling to the retail market before fulfilling even most of their backers is offensive to those who gave them money years ago in the indiegogo campaigns.  I understand the draw, get full retail price (and profit) from a unit today to boost the corporate accounts.  We already have the backer’s money so they can wait.  They did this with the Pulse X infinity and now the Vi DAC.

Larry, just how many current backers do you think are likely to ever give LH Labs more business or ever back another LH Labs crowd funding campaign?  I would guess very few, and most of those will be unaware of how poorly you treated your backers.  Whether it is necessary or not as a short term solution, it is not a good strategy for long term survival.  Word of mouth advertising is the most effective type, and “Great company, took care of me” works a whole lot better than “Lousy company, took my money many months ago then made me wait even longer in line behind retail buyers who paid full price and waited days instead of YEARS!”.

J.P.

• February 16, 2017 at 9:37 pm #20251
  • February 16, 2017 at 10:14 pm #20252
    spud
    Participant

You did indeed, Hercules. Sorry, I  must have missed your post as I must admit my interest does, from time to time, wane. I have to have an occasional  break from the frustration.

The only comfort I take from all this is that I hope they are selling enough stuff to stay afloat. The last thing I want to hear is that they’ve gone belly up before fulfilling backers’ orders.

• February 18, 2017 at 12:11 pm #20296
    Nzboot
    Participant
  • February 18, 2017 at 12:21 pm #20297
  • February 18, 2017 at 12:30 pm #20298
    erniejade
    Participant

Unfortunately,  because the ship dates have been so delayed and a lot of trust in the company has been blown, even though it is an excellent sounding DAC, I think we are going to see more show up for sale from people just to recoup their money.  I know a few of us have either bought different dacs or bought higher end streamers that can do both already and now 2-3 years later dont nees the unit anymore

• February 18, 2017 at 2:22 pm #20299
    doctorjazz
    Participant

both solid state units, but the point is well taken.

• February 18, 2017 at 2:25 pm #20300
    doctorjazz
    Participant

I’ve held off buying stuff because of the wait, many really good iPhone at this price point I woulda coulda gone for.

• February 18, 2017 at 5:55 pm #20301
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Really good dacs it was supposed to say, darn auto correct…

• February 19, 2017 at 8:05 am #20304
    shimrod
    Participant

I guess it’s a good sign these are showing up on Audiogon…and I agree we’ll see many there as they’re shipped out to people who long since gave up and bought something else.

What’s dismaying is the dramatic markdown on brand new gear.  Those of us who paid up front for first crack at a state-of-the-art DAC aren’t receiving them until they’re practically obsolete. I’ve been shopping around for a DAC and I wouldn’t consider the ViDac now. Even if I hadn’t had this (ongoing) terrible experience with LH labs there is newer technology that sounds much more promising than the standard Sabre chips.

• February 20, 2017 at 9:50 am #20316
    jer
    Participant

I wouldn’t consider the Sabre as a limiter, though. As with most systems, it’s not the DAC chip so much as what you surround it with. (To an extent).

With the way Larry’s design employs these chips (with all the dual-mono and balanced piplines) plus the premium components and thoughtful circuit layout all around, there’s a big difference sonically between say, a Pulse Xfi and a Geek Out, even though they’re more or less based on the same (family of) chip.

Also, I have an Anthem Statement D1 from the early 2000s. It’s about 15 years old. The DAC chip in it is ancient and tops out at 24/192. I can’t even feed it 24/192 directly via S/PDIF… it caps at 24/96 IIRC (designed for doing SSP (dts, DD, etc.))… yet it still sounds really, really good with the sources it was designed for.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by jer.
  • March 13, 2017 at 4:38 am #20470
    matthijsmatthijs
    Participant

Hi Larry, Manny and other LHLabs staff,

can we get an update, please? We were promised that the shipping Vidac Tubes would pick up after August 2016. That should mean you have produced any where between 90 to 150 units by the end February. However news about delivered Vidac Tubes is sparse around web. Occasionally, someone had replaced it and is trying to sell it off. If i mention that I have seen 10 confirmed deliveries on the web, I’m generous.

Please do not beat around the bush, tell us how many were delivered and how long it will take to complete the delivery of the indiegogo VIDacs and how many units remain.

thank you

• March 13, 2017 at 4:41 am #20471
    sjp770
    Participant

Agreed, we need an honest update.

• March 13, 2017 at 9:43 am #20472
    lcocozza
    Participant

Agreed, we need an honest update.

Agreed.

But at same time not really optmistic about it.

• March 13, 2017 at 5:19 pm #20513
    Larry Ho
    Keymaster

The total amount we ship out on Feb is really not much. In March next week, we should have another bigger batch of chassis coming in.

Also, we should finish up the Signature Edition first then the rest.

The none-parallel wall designs for Vi DAC plus tube option really gave a big trouble for CNC factory for a long time. And we insist they could not

have a bad one sent in to our labs. Actually we just returned five chassis in our lab due to there is a scratch on the back connectors side.

We are really sorry for your wait.

• March 13, 2017 at 6:05 pm #20514
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

He’s alive!!! Although nothing specific in his update – fallback to CNC problems from MONTHS ago…

And why do they still delete comments???

• March 13, 2017 at 7:02 pm #20518
    RichB
    Participant

Larry – thank you for providing some sort of news.  One of these days I would be curious to understand the full story of the chassis manufacture difficulty and if after all this time and trouble you feel it was worth it?

• March 13, 2017 at 7:41 pm #20519
    lcocozza
    Participant

Larry,

sorry mate but I don’t buy  it, “not much”

How many?

How many did you ship since last update?

show pictures of chassis when you have this kind of problem.

People here are tired of excuses, give us a real timetable.

What is the probability of shipping all Vi Dac units before the end of 2017?

I have paid for the shipping 15 months ago.

• March 13, 2017 at 7:58 pm #20520
    doctorjazz
    Participant

Signature Edition may go out? Soon?

• March 13, 2017 at 9:00 pm #20521
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

Larry, sorry mate but I don’t buy it, “not much” How many? How many did you ship since last update? show pictures of chassis when you have this kind of problem. People here are tired of excuses, give us a real timetable. What is the probability of shipping all Vi Dac units before the end of 2017? I have paid for the shipping 15 months ago.

Me neither.

The chassis problems story is now 1 year old. During that time no substantive update for what exactly the problem is, nor how it will be solved has ever materialized. A competent metal fabrication shop can produce that chassis, plain and simple.

If the chassis problem were real, then how can the web shop list the Vi DAC Pro (retail) model as being available after all IGG units are shipped by March 31st? So LH Labs is confident in predicting all IGG units will ship by Mar. 31st for the purpose or attracting preorders of their retail channel version, but still tells all IGG backers that paid 2 years ago nothing but stories about if/when they might have the chassis issues resolved?

How can that be Larry? How can you tell retail channel preorder candidates that all of the IGG units will ship by Mar.31st? What miracle will need to occur that you are somehow aware of today, March 14th, that will enable that March 31st date to be truthful?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by MikeyFresh.
  • March 14, 2017 at 3:43 am #20526
    shimrod
    Participant

I just checked the LH marketplace – now it says “Expected release date is After all IGG orders are filled May 31st 2017″

Imagine being the poor sucker who just shelled out $7k in the expectation of seeing a product in two weeks…welcome to the special hell that is dealing with LH labs.

• March 14, 2017 at 4:10 am #20527
    sjp770
    Participant

Well that’s a negative spin on it.. but there’s not much light at the end of the tunnel and it seems so far away I’ll forgive you :p

Good to see a commitment of some sorts to fulfilling our orders before public sales.

I imagine that the lovely design of the chassis met a lot of Larry’s requirements and the design was well though out but possibly manufacturing wasnt consulted on how hard it would be to carry out. Or the first CNC cut model was by someone who wanted the business but knew they couldn’t deliver so they didn’t say it was bad??

Anyway, I’m keen to see it this year. The HiFimans have been getting dusty.

• March 15, 2017 at 7:28 pm #20538
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

I just checked the LH marketplace – now it says “Expected release date is After all IGG orders are filled May 31st 2017″ Imagine being the poor sucker who just shelled out $7k in the expectation of seeing a product in two weeks…welcome to the special hell that is dealing with LH labs.

Ah, I see how that works, LH Labs simply changes the date again.

And again, and again, and again…

I think I’ve seen that movie before, more than once.

Interesting they left the IGG fulfillment date for the non-tube Pro (retail) version as March 28th. Poor attention to detail (oversight/both dates should have been changed), or is the mythical chassis fabrication problem coming to a close for the IGG solid-state backers?

Only The Shadow knows.

• March 16, 2017 at 11:55 am #20541
    shimrod
    Participant

“Good to see a commitment of some sorts to fulfilling our orders before public sales.”

I fear this is more butt-covering than commitment. Retailers are still advertising ViDac tube as available in 1-2 weeks, and LH sold the GO and Pulse into retail channels well before meeting backer commitments. See this excerpt from the Pulse forum, posted by LH lab employee (now ex-employee) Gavin Fish:

“One of the lessons we learned from the original Geek Out Kickstarter campaign was that if we get the devices into the channel too late, the product fizzles out. It’s like it reaches EOL a year and a half too early. So, with Pulse 2.0, we’ve been trying to strike a balance between delivering all campaign units and launching the product into the channel. Unfortunately, this overlap will naturally cause some consternation. I get it. And I’m sorry for it. But I hope you all, as original backers who really launched our company from the small four person crew we were, can understand that this is what’s best for the company long term.” (posted <span class=”x-item-info-date”>November 24, 2015 at 6:31 pm</span> #16864).

LH has a long record of filling retail orders prior to backers. I expect the LH marketplace date will continue to move back while LH pushes as many DACs into full-price retail as possible. And those of us who ponied up development money three years ago, shipping fees over a year ago, will continue to be screwed. Because, after all, screwing your customers is what’s best for the company in the long term.

• March 16, 2017 at 3:08 pm #20543
    doctorjazz
    Participant

I’ve been told that they offer Vi Tube DAC to people promising a few weeks wait with a current order.

I’ve not gotten too upset with them up until now (didn’t think it would help), now hard to believe we will get the pending units in the next 2 months.

Really wish I hadn’t gotten into this now.

• March 16, 2017 at 8:09 pm #20544
    spud
    Participant

I think I’ve been pretty patient, like most backers, and generally inclined not to feel too much ill will towards the company but I’m becoming increasingly astounded by their business ethics, or rather lack thereof.

It seems very wrong to have taken a great deal of money from people – and their ideas – to develop new products, then once those products are in production to leave those people frustrated and disappointed with a stream of broken promises.

I can understand the need for cash flow, but surely not entirely at the expense of alienating a once loyal and enthusiastic, if not even verging on fanatical, customer base. Very short term thinking and I would think in the long term very destructive in business terms. What a shame.

• March 16, 2017 at 8:21 pm #20545
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

I think I’ve been pretty patient, like most backers, and generally inclined not to feel too much ill will towards the company but I’m becoming increasingly astounded by their business ethics, or rather lack thereof. It seems very wrong to have taken a great deal of money from people – and their ideas – to develop new products, then once those products are in production to leave those people frustrated and disappointed with a stream of broken promises. I can understand the need for cash flow, but surely not entirely at the expense of alienating a once loyal and enthusiastic, if not even verging on fanatical, customer base. Very short term thinking and I would think in the long term very destructive in business terms. What a shame.

Exactly, what a brilliant business plan, so sustainable.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by MikeyFresh.
  • March 16, 2017 at 8:23 pm #20546
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

“Good to see a commitment of some sorts to fulfilling our orders before public sales.” I fear this is more butt-covering than commitment. Retailers are still advertising ViDac tube as available in 1-2 weeks, and LH sold the GO and Pulse into retail channels well before meeting backer commitments. See this excerpt from the Pulse forum, posted by LH lab employee (now ex-employee) Gavin Fish: “One of the lessons we learned from the original Geek Out Kickstarter campaign was that if we get the devices into the channel too late, the product fizzles out. It’s like it reaches EOL a year and a half too early. So, with Pulse 2.0, we’ve been trying to strike a balance between delivering all campaign units and launching the product into the channel. Unfortunately, this overlap will naturally cause some consternation. I get it. And I’m sorry for it. But I hope you all, as original backers who really launched our company from the small four person crew we were, can understand that this is what’s best for the company long term.” (posted <span class=”x-item-info-date”>November 24, 2015 at 6:31 pm</span> #16864). LH has a long record of filling retail orders prior to backers. I expect the LH marketplace date will continue to move back while LH pushes as many DACs into full-price retail as possible. And those of us who ponied up development money three years ago, shipping fees over a year ago, will continue to be screwed. Because, after all, screwing your customers is what’s best for the company in the long term.

Such a clever business strategy, screw absolutely everyone to whom you owe nearly your entire existence, DaVinci aside.

• March 29, 2017 at 4:07 am #20616
    shimrod
    Participant

I just submitted a trouble ticket with the following request –  “In December 2016 I submitted a support ticket asking when my ViDac tube would ship. The response was “12 weeks”. 14 weeks later there has been no update, no indication these products are shipping to me or anyone else, and despite promises to provide bi-weekly updates on production and shipping LH labs hasn’t updated the product page in 2 months and has not provided production information. Your Indiegogo update 2 months ago stated that the order for production has been placed. Please tell me my place in the order and provide an estimate of when my ViDac tube will ship. ”
    If I receive any substantive information I’ll provide it here. If I get another generic “12 weeks” response I’m forwarding copies to Indiegogo and requesting a refund due to violation of the Indiegogo terms of service: Campaign Owners will respond promptly and truthfully to all questions posed to them by Indiegogo or any Contributor. Campaign Owners will provide timely, frequent and substantive updates to their Contributors.

In my experience LH labs responses have been neither truthful or substantive. I’m giving them another shot at meeting their obligations.

• March 29, 2017 at 4:42 am #20617
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

I sent a complaint to IGG 6 months ago. Received a prompt response that the campaign was under review and my information would be added, but that they would not be able to inform me of the results. So, I’m not sure if anything really comes of that. Here is their response – and note they say nothing about “refunds”:
    ——————
    what happens now? We will include the information you have provided along with all other information at our disposal in our review of the campaign. In some cases, we will contact the campaign owner for more information or have them edit their campaign and it will remain on our platform. If we find the project or campaign owner doesn’t follow our rules, we may remove the campaign. We may also restrict the campaign owner’s future activities on Indiegogo.
    To protect our users’ privacy, we’re unable to share the action we take. At Indiegogo, we take the trust and safety of our community very seriously and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this review process. To learn more about Indiegogo’s Trust & Safety effort, please visit: http://www.indiegogo.com/trust
    —————–
    However, perhaps if MANY of us send the same complaint, maybe it’ll receive more attention from IGG with better results.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by brucknerdoc.
  • March 29, 2017 at 5:39 am #20621
    shimrod
    Participant

I contacted IGG quite a while back and told them that, based on my experience with LH, I would no longer participate in any IGG campaigns. I thought the loss of future business would get their attention but nothing seems to have changed. I agree that many such messages might prompt some action.

In my opinion IGG is as responsible as LH for the current state of affairs. IGG permitted LH to conduct numerous crowdfunding campaigns simultaneously; LH was stretched too thin and we’re living with the results today. If IGG had insisted LH complete a campaign before starting another (much less another 10 or so) this would have had a much happier ending. At the very least IGG should have ensured the initial campaign had transitioned from development to production before allowing LH to start another.

I feel LH began with the best of intentions and, given a realistic scope of activities, would have easily satisfied their customers. Unfortunately it appears that when they found themselves deep in a hole they continued to dig, substituting evasions and BS for the honest accounting they owe their customers. Selling products into retail before fulfilling all backers (Gavin admitted this with the pulse and GO campaigns) is an unforgivable betrayal of the crowdfunding concept.

At this point, I only see one way forward for LH (aside from full default/bankruptcy). They should cancel the campaigns with minimal development and provide full refunds to the backers. Once they’ve reduced the number of open campaigns to a manageable number they can begin to satisfy their long-suffering backers and possibly regain some credibility with customers.

• March 29, 2017 at 11:45 am #20622
    dapedius
    Participant

Yes what a mess this campaign is.  Just had a look over at Geek Pulse and still people waiting there too in the same situation.  Unfortunately I went for the Source as well (stupid) and although there are some updates on this, I have a sinking feeling this will end up in the same state as the Vi Dac campaign.  Shipping for Dac paid for over 15 months ago … sigh… I will join with a complaint to IGG but seriously do not expect anything from them even though I agree they are partly responsible for this mess.

My only hope is that LH labs don’t go bankrupt and I get something for my money, it’s not like I am rich and this is nothing to me.

Good luck to all of us.

• March 29, 2017 at 12:32 pm #20623
    Nzboot
    Participant

I to asked for a honest shipping update yesterday. I to have been told two or three times that it will be ready  in 12 weeks.

I think that they have created fraud by taking shipping money. This is outside of the indigogo campaign and may apply to American law. Anyone have thoughs and information on this please.

I will also post response from lhl so callled happiness team

• April 2, 2017 at 3:05 pm #20641
    dbkaufmancpa
    Participant

I haven’t received a response to my last 3 inquiries regarding shipping dates, refunds, or credits for other products that might be available, and I left a few voice messages on Friday which also have not been returned

Does anyone know if LH Labs is still in business?

• April 2, 2017 at 3:16 pm #20642
    shimrod
    Participant

I’ve been using a GO V2 in my main system as a stopgap until the ViDac showed up (little did I know). The GO2 crapped out Friday so I finally gave in and ordered an Exogal Comet Plus. I have no expectation of ever receiving the ViDac I paid for so many years ago. If it does show up I’ll be one of those putting a new-in-the box ViDac tube up for sale.
    I’m curious, how many other contributors have given in and purchased another DAC due to the interminable delays and customer service issues with LH labs?

• April 2, 2017 at 4:03 pm #20643
    shimrod
    Participant

An anonymous LH person posted on the IGG site yesterday saying there would be a “solid” update Monday. We’ve all heard this story before.

I submitted a ticket Thursday asking for a shipping update; on Friday I submitted another due to the failure of my GO V2. Neither has generated a response. The 24 hour response goal was not met for the first ticket, the Friday ticket was too close to the weekend to expect a response.

Perhaps they’ll shock us all with a substantive, informative update.

• April 2, 2017 at 4:58 pm #20644
    jcooke
    Participant

Yes, it would be interesting to see how many people have abandoned Lhlabs and purchased DACs from the competition, but I suspect it would be hard to find out as they would not visit this site anymore. Why would they visit ? they are off listening to their music and visiting other sites.

I am still dependent on LHlab,s and there is little to no useful information here. It is not like Lhlabs takes feedback or any meaningful engagement with their backers. Also LHlabs has managed to kill off the once vibrant community.

• April 2, 2017 at 5:11 pm #20645
    jcooke
    Participant

I noticed in other parts of the forum several posts for commercial services. One post was for Escort Services in India, which is for me the benchmark for how low their reputation has sunk.

• April 2, 2017 at 6:54 pm #20646
    erniejade
    Participant

Is that how they are going try to retain customers?  Free hooker with every purchased VI   lol.

There’s several all in one dac streamers out their t that sound wonderful. I purchased a Lumin myself.  The Tube VI if i ever receive it will probably go up for sale. One thing we all must remember, while we are frustrated, too much bashing will only bring our resale value down or make it harder to sell.   There isnt big name reviews on the vi or vi tube so when people do a search, they are only going to see 95% negative on the company.

• April 2, 2017 at 8:23 pm #20647
    bjski
    Participant

I’ve purchased a Bryston BDA-3 along with a BDP-2. I’m very happy with the combination and sound.

Still hoping for my ViDac SE along with the Source SE. I thought I would give them to my son as a house warming gift.

Very disappointed in the Wave campaign. I have purchased 2 Pono’s while waiting for the wave. There are so many Hi resolution players available you would think LH Labs could just re-brand one.

• April 3, 2017 at 1:25 am #20648
    jcooke
    Participant

@ERNIEJADE – I do agree that bashing only hurts our re-sale value, but that boat sailed long ago. Lhlabs has upset thousands of people who in the early days provided feedback, suggestions and then frustration here but after few new new forum systems and no change of behaviour they have deserted to places like Head-Fi (Larry Ho still posts regularly to Head-Fi, but not here !).

If you were interested in LHLabs, a quick look through the comments section on every IGG campaign would be enough to put you off. Or even posts from LHlabs themselves in public places which have a common theme “have / had a great … meeting / update / business trip / measurements,will post next week ..” and then nothing. I don’t know how many times people have asked, suggest, begged, pleaded for simple things like regular and meaningful updates. I get the feeling that Lhlabs think they are genius and above taking advice from their moron backers.

Every day for roughly 3 years I have waited to be positively surprised by LHlabs. Here is a challenge for Lhlabs : post regular, meaningful, clear, transparent updates on what is and what isn’t happening. Your plans and efforts to address specific issues and your best idea on when they will happen and what is required to achieve the next step(s).

Lhlabs reputation is 100% determined by Lhlabs and their actions.

• April 3, 2017 at 3:26 am #20649
    doctorjazz
    Participant

I also bought 2 Pono waiting on the Wave (and the Vi, and the Source) :(

• April 3, 2017 at 5:19 am #20650
    lcocozza
    Participant

I´ve already written off both my Vi Dac and Source contribution, if anything  shows up someday will be a bonus.

When you see that there is people still waiting for a Pulse Dac it just reasures me that there is a long wait ahead of us.

Thinking about the number of combinations possible for Vi Dac with all the upgrade it is now clear that it is almost not manageable.

• April 3, 2017 at 6:25 pm #20655
    shimrod
    Participant

LH promised a “solid” update Monday. Didn’t specify week or year so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that no update was released today.

• April 4, 2017 at 2:33 am #20656
    brucknerdoc
    Participant

Update appeared after midnite on 4/4 (although it’s dated 4/3) – yawn…

Same ol’ nothingness – CNC factory blah blah, 20-25 units in May blah blah – hard to imagine anyone will be encouraged…

Oh, there is a new firmware available for SS and Tube owners – as if there are many out there in the wild…

Guess LHL felt they had to post something. But a “solid” update remains sorely lacking…

• April 4, 2017 at 4:05 pm #20658

Can someone provide a link to this , so called, update?

• April 4, 2017 at 4:22 pm #20659
    sjp770
    Participant

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vi-dac-ultra-high-end-dac-with-unique-design#/updates

It kind of rings true.. so much negativity here and understandably so, but here’s how I’m keeping some sliver of hope:

Kala (?) Was a first year out design student from memory.. and she designed something beautiful and fit for purpose with non parallel walls etc, but she probably didn’t have manufacturing experience. All it would take is the first CNC shop to say, yeah that’s easy! Then up prices or fail to deliver to derail the whole product.

Not defending any aspect of how LHLabs has handled our end user / financial backers concerns or expectations.

• April 4, 2017 at 5:38 pm #20660
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

Decidedly not “solid”… again no actual update of any kind, just a rehash of stories first told last March.

• April 4, 2017 at 5:46 pm #20661
    doctorjazz
    Participant

I think there are very few folks not major league unhappy at this point…

• April 8, 2017 at 9:16 pm #20678
    jcooke
    Participant

@SJP770 Don’t blame Kayla, everything at Lhlabs pivots around Larry.

I backed the Geek Out (GO) mainly because of the ‘Awesomifier’ feature which was apparently the work of a genius, plus Lhlab had a working device and simply wanted to scale up production. Then some GO units came in, and Larry was not happy with them and sent them back. The ‘awesomifier’ feature was later dropped. Some people paid for LhLab T-Shirts which did not turn up. When the backers chased up Lhlabs the T-shirts had turned up but they also were not up to Larry’s standards and had been sent back. I backed a cable, which also hit delays. We hounded Lhlab who insisted that they had the cables, but the packaging for the cables had come in and it was not up to their high standards. They had just re-branded and I suspected the packaging had the old logos. Regardless, a number of us said they could ship it in a brown paper bag for all we cared as we were simply going to rip it open to get to our cable, that is, the key thing is we wanted cables and minimising delays was also important.

There so much negativity because multiple campaigns are having the exact same problems.

I upgraded to the Vi DAC mainly because ESS had released a new DAC chip (I think they released a newer and better one since) and there was a newer XMOS chip. When the chassis discussion came up I wanted a option of a plain black that I could stack my Source on top of. LHlabs designed a chassis that can not be easily nor economically manufactured and are not budging.

I back a Source because naively LightHarmonic had already designed a Source and I thought they would re-use a lot of the technology.

When you look at the URL below from January 2013, you will see pictures of devices (DAC, Source, Streamer) with the distinctive chassis design. You will also notice most of them have not shipped.

Larry not Kayla is the common denominator.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/01/16/ces-2013-light-harmonic-dual-dac-source-and-streamer-with-wilson-pass-and-dagostino/

• April 10, 2017 at 4:15 am #20686
    Nzboot
    Participant

Seems to me that the problem with the vidac tube housing is they can not put two holes in the top for the tubes. It looked as though vi dac case was fine.

this is just a guess as there is very little info

how hard can it be to set up a machine to put two holes in a piece of aluminium.

in my world not hard at all

• July 27, 2017 at 7:47 pm #22181
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

The lack of transparency is what is embarrassing LH Labs – they promote a product on their website that isn’t even in the ends of those of us who gave them money to startup – for some, that was years ago. And charging for shipping 6mos ago when there obviously no product in the pipeline is despicable. Btw, I opened a ticket last month and also received almost an identical (i.e. boilerplate) response from “Gina” – however, the projected shipment at that time was the end of May. This month, it’s the end of June. Guess what it’ll be next month???

Exactly, the same boilerplate response had been given to me as early as February predicting a 1st or 2nd week of March ship date. Then a repeat performance but estimating mid-April, followed by more of the same with mid-May as the estimate. Total BS, based on nothing despite the claims of it coming directly from their production department. Nothing shy of pathetic and a total repeat performance of the Pulse debacle, despite various claims at that time and afterwards that they had learned from their mistakes and gone through their growing pains. And those IGG campaign estimated ship dates of April/May 2015? Intentionally misleading, dishonest, shameful.

And now 14 months later, still nothing.

Total deceit, intentionally misleading, fraudulent.

• July 28, 2017 at 11:35 pm #22183
    Nzboot
    Participant

Mikey yes I have to agree don’t forget to write your feelings and thoughts on the Vi Dac  indigogo page.

if you have Facebook do share on their page there to.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 3
jeffh, s, twdickel
Forum Statistics
Threads: 250, Posts: 252, Members: 5,636
Welcome to our newest member, mayascantlebury