Today's Vi DAC Indiegogo Update

• December 2, 2015 at 11:06 am #17105
    LH_Michael
    Spectator

Originally posted by Larry Ho on Indiegogo

Dear Vi DAC backers,

This week, the Vi DAC Infinity SS (solid state) ship out speed will increase a bit as assembly/test/package flow now is getting better and better.
    (Last week is Thanksgiving week)

Also, would like to share one ‘naked’ picture for Vi Tube DAC as well. As you could see, there are one power board (which share with SS Vi DAC as well) but add on TWO tube power transformers. One dedicated to HT, one dedicated to heater. With a slow start on both HT and heater, we preserve the best life span for your valuable tubes.
    The CCX board has a special connector that works nicely with tube buffer board. There are two Pot on the board now which we use that to fine tune the THD. (It won’t be there on formal production board) Does it look pretty? 😉

There are few minor patches on mechanical side needs to be done. Hopefully factory could catch up the final EP by the end of this month. Then we will be 100% sure about the precise shipping out date.

Cheers,
    Larry

• December 2, 2015 at 11:23 am #17107
    dapedius
    Participant

Looks good as I am waiting for a Tube Vi DAC but are there any reviews of the SS DAC yet as it is shipping?

• December 2, 2015 at 11:39 am #17109
    BRZGuy
    Participant

Thanks for the Tube Vi update!! I know we will not have for the holiday but is there any chance of hearing one at CES2015 in January??
    Keep the pictures coming! Maybe a high resolution version of this shot to use as my new desktop image?

• December 2, 2015 at 1:05 pm #17112
    LH_Michael
    Spectator

I just pinged Gavin and Larry. Barring any last minute changes, Vi Tube should be at CES 2016 and available for demo. :-)

I’m not at the Roseville office so I can’t snap a high-res of Vi Tube. I’ll see if I can track down someone over there who has a good camera.

• December 2, 2015 at 3:29 pm #17116
    matthijsmatthijs
    Participant

This is getting exiting. Starting long ago with an early bird pulse dac and perked my way up to this beauty. Finally the first life signs of the VI tube Dac. My precious. ? Sorry watched all extended version of the hobbit last weekend. It is still in my system. I am starting to understand that Golum guy….

• December 3, 2015 at 10:54 pm #17136
    YK
    Participant

Hi Michael,
    Looks beautiful. Some hires pictures of the internals will be nice.

• December 5, 2015 at 4:12 pm #17164
    bjski
    Participant

Waiting to get contacted on the solid state signature DAC. I was hoping to get it this month but ????? I’ll be away for a good 31/2 months come January.

• December 6, 2015 at 10:13 pm #17168
    BRZGuy
    Participant

Looking forward to the pictures. Also, can the team send out an update or a Poll on CES2016 activities? It would be great to hear the VI Tube DAC, Amps etc. Also there was some discussion on futures – or at least a chance to provide feedback on what we are hoping for (Hint: Vi Pre and Powe Amps!). Thanks again for the updates!! Waiting for my GOV2+ to get me through the plane trip to Vegas.

• April 2, 2016 at 8:16 am #18297
    BootBoyer
    Participant

Hi everyone…i am new here. I often uses the DACs in my applications. The DAC you shared looking pretty cool. But what do you mean by that it do not have the power board? What power board it needs? If the two transformers doesn’t serve the purpose of power isolator?

• April 2, 2016 at 8:13 pm #18298
    jcooke
    Participant

You have come in on a long running project so I will try answer your question. Since there is a good chance I may not hit the mark please ask further questions. BTW, I am a backer of the project – not an employee of LHlabs.

The Vi DAC comes in two versions. One version has Solid State output (Vi SS) and the other version has a Tube output ( VI Tube) in addition to the solid state output. The update at the beginning of the tread (with the photo) is a update about the Vi Tube progress / developments.

In the photo there are three are discrete circuit boards. The circuit board on the left hand side of the picture is the power supply board (LPS) which is common in both versions of the product. The circuit board on the right is the DAC. The small circuit board on the top with the Tubes is the is the CCX module.

My understanding of the the update, it says that Larry has added two additional transformers to the Vi Tube version of the product. One of the additional Transformers has been added to feed the Tubes ( I think they run on High Voltage) and the second additional transformer has been added to look after the heater(s) for the Tubes.

• March 13, 2017 at 12:35 pm #20476
    Nzboot
    Participant

Time for a vi dac update

• March 13, 2017 at 5:15 pm #20509
    Larry Ho
    Keymaster

Yes. We are waiting for the ship out notice for another batch of chassis. Once we get it. Will make an update soon.

• April 25, 2017 at 6:36 am #20831
    ©
    Participant

Too long with no update… so you haven’t got the batch notified yet?

• May 11, 2017 at 10:00 pm #20972
    Nzboot
    Participant

Larry send me a Vi Dac this is crazy.

It looks as though you are now broke.

please read your old updates before you write another one as then the lies might not be so obvious

• July 27, 2017 at 7:41 pm #22180
    MikeyFreshMikeyFresh
    Participant

Now late July, what ever happened to that “batch” of chassis you were waiting on in March 2017 Larry?

Fake news, just like the increase in production speed due to new tooling you reported in March 2016?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 9
davide_riva@hotmail.it, deathztm, Frans, jcooke, kneedeep, lonelyers, RichB, twdickel, wingsounds13
Forum Statistics
Threads: 245, Posts: 247, Members: 3,467
Welcome to our newest member, lvia448476246