This chart should be much more clear.

• April 11, 2017 at 7:27 pm #20696
    Larry Ho
    Keymaster

Gantt Chart

• April 11, 2017 at 8:09 pm #20743
    wingsounds13
    Participant

This chart is at least readable, even if still a bit challenging.  Thanks Larry.

Next challenge: keep within a 2x schedule slip and deliver the preproduction Waves before the end of June.  Once preproduction units are verified by the users, how long until shipping of regular production units begins?

J.P.

• April 11, 2017 at 11:00 pm #20745
    wliucm
    Participant

Is it just me or is that gantt chart wrong? No task seems to take more than a couple weeks…and component testing takes a couple days each? Um…I may not know a lot about hardware development, but there is no way in hell anything gets coded in a couple weeks, however off-the-shelf some of this stuff may be. It’s no wonder we have been waiting years for our stuff.

• April 12, 2017 at 8:45 am #20746
    wingsounds13
    Participant

You may be right, but do consider that this chart is only for the end of the development processes.  This is down to bug fixing and final tweaks – at least I hope it is.  The electrical tests are gross tests for correct general operation, verify that nothing has been broken with this latest PCB spin, and tests to verify that specific errors have been corrected.  This is hopefully the last hardware update and this version of hardware will be what goes into production.  Software development can continue after ​shipping commences with bugfixes applied and feature upgrades added with user installed firmware upgrades.  As I understand it, the Wave will ship without some of the planned features and these will be added with later firmware upgrades.  At least I hope that LH Labs is still around for some time to give us the required bugfixes and desired feature upgrades.

J.P.

• April 12, 2017 at 9:54 am #20747
    Gordon
    Participant

Hi Larry,

Thank you for the great Update, and Chart.

Also for the FREE Cortex A53 CPU Upgrade.

When do you think that the Pre Production Waves will be ready to Ship?

• April 12, 2017 at 2:16 pm #20748

OK Larry, how about similar charts for the Source ( Backed 11/11/2014) and ViDAC Tube(backed 12/23/2014)? That I will receive the Wave ( backed 5/13/2014) more than three years after backing, is unbelievably negligent on your part. It would be nice to receive the other two products WITHIN 3 years of paying; and of TRUSTING YOU TO BE GOOD TO YOUR WORD! At the end of the day, integrity is all that matters. Maybe look up the word, you need a dose of it.

• April 12, 2017 at 4:40 pm #20749
    Larry Ho
    Keymaster

Yes. This chart is related to R&D process only. The target is to finish all the remaining items by the end of May.

In the mean time, CS team will work on finalize the Wave orders from IGG with backers, then the production schedule will be planned.

The challenge is two major areas.

(1) In R&D process, it is not very easy to predict schedule more precisely then two weeks. Sometimes a bug is just easy to kill, sometimes it is stuck there until you found out why. In our past experience, R&D schedule will shift a bit but not too much more than two weeks if the architecture is settled.

(2) Production. Big Chassis like Vi DAC/ DaVinci is always the “pain” in our experience. Geek Out 3D printed chassis was a nice direction and idea but proven too early too be a real good production solution. We fixed the problem for GO2A and GO2Pro. These two new designed chassis are nice and also production problem free. We expect Wave will be the same, won’t stuck in CNC aluminum chassis production.

As I explained to few backers face to face to let them see the Vi DAC chassis, they only need 10 seconds to understand why the CNC shop has hard time to build it precisely and no problem. The none-parallel design plus one fine thin line on face plate is giving them hard time. And sometimes we even need to reject the whole batch because of one error.

• April 13, 2017 at 1:59 am #20750
    wliucm
    Participant

Thank you Larry. It’s info like this that we need on a regular basis. Please do this every two weeks for ALL the products (Source, HPA, poweramp, Wave, ViDAC, etc) that are still being developed here on this forum (in addition to Indiegogo). A lot of your backers bought your products via direct payments via Paypal and do not get regular Indiegogo updates (nor can we find some of the products anymore on indiegogo).

Please, you guys want us to ask questions on this forum and not overload your ticket system, so please communicate to us here regularly. There really should be a section in your forum that has a live blog of development process for each product. We’ve asked for this for the past couple years and for some reason you guys still don’t get the importance of regular updates that are accessible in ONE place.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by wliucm.
  • April 13, 2017 at 10:28 am #20754
    Andrew Cochrane
    Participant

+1

Squeezebox Touch -> Geek Pulse F/I -> Rega Brio-R -> 2x Harbeth P3ESR + Wharfedale Diamond SW150

• April 13, 2017 at 2:16 pm #20755
    BC2112
    Participant

At least we know the R&D schedule has been way, way behind schedule. I’m thinking this means that production will not be any different. Larry, you need to be posting weekly updates instead of showing up whenever you feel like it. This schedule essentially means wav 64 will be 2018. And I don’t believe LHL will keep to this schedule. There is no track record of doing so.

• April 17, 2017 at 10:23 pm #20781
    Larry Ho
    Keymaster

I will use this Thread to post more information.

Especially focus on Wave project.

• April 17, 2017 at 10:28 pm #20782
    Larry Ho
    Keymaster

More about why we decide to use A53 ARM Core CPU on SOM.

1. Although currently we are using our own code with customized Linux core as firmware, we are thinking the potential of future “Dual OS” possibilities.  People could decide to boot the Wave player into either AOS our software or Android (customized for sound quality). The benefit of Android is there will be more streaming services or other 3rd party software could use the same platform.

2. Energy efficient. This is architecture is more energy efficient so we don’t need to keep adding up battery capacity. (Battery cost is not the biggest factor, it is about how “big” Wave will become)

3. We currently integrate a very nice PMU (Power management unit) for digital power supply. Save more energy when system don’t need to use it. (But still, we use linear power regulator in all analog circuit. Keep noise to minimum)

• April 25, 2017 at 1:52 am #20829
    Nzboot
    Participant

Larry on April 12 th you talked about the vidac case can you make a short video to illustrate that please.

• July 15, 2017 at 10:48 pm #22147
    wingsounds13
    Participant

Larry…  LARRY…  Are you there Larry?  @Larry Ho, is anyone listening?

How about an update on the Wave project.  It’s been a while now, there should be some new information that you can give us.  We are curious as to what year these will start shipping.

J.P.

• July 16, 2017 at 3:48 am #22150
    jaywhar
    Participant

Larry doesn’t give a shit.

He is not an honourable person

• July 20, 2017 at 1:27 pm #22165
    BC2112
    Participant

This chart is already way wrong. Will there be a wave this year? Not looking good

• July 24, 2017 at 11:01 pm #22170
    jaywhar
    Participant

at least they remember to renew the lhlabs domain – it had nearly expired

• July 25, 2017 at 9:52 am #22171
    BC2112
    Participant

Nearly expired??? More evidence of stupidity.

• July 25, 2017 at 11:15 am #22172
    wingsounds13
    Participant

More evidence of stupidity?  When do you expect them to renew their domain registration, one week, one month, one year before it expires?  When would you renew your domain?  Much bigger companies have actually allowed their domain registration to expire and were saved by a good samaritan supporter (think Micro$oft).  Is this evidence of stupidity?

Why the attitude?

J.P.

• July 25, 2017 at 1:47 pm #22173
    BC2112
    Participant

It is easy to have an attitude with this company and the shambles they have made of this campaign. Sorry if I offended you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 9
davide_riva@hotmail.it, deathztm, Frans, jcooke, kneedeep, lonelyers, RichB, twdickel, wingsounds13
Forum Statistics
Threads: 245, Posts: 247, Members: 3,467
Welcome to our newest member, lvia448476246