The Lightspeed Revive paired with the X-Infinity & GeekOut V2 SE

• July 27, 2016 at 4:19 pm #18861
    SigieSigie
    Participant

Oh yeah, the New Lightspeed Revive lands in Little Red Dot Singapore!

The GeekOut V2 Signature Edition & The Lightspeed Revive

X-Infinity and the Lightspeed Revive

The Buzz word in SG’s Audiophile World is the USB Regenerators, and  the AudioQuest Jitterbug, ToneUpAudio Regen, and the Ifi Audio’s  IUSB 3.0 are some of the more popular available.    I’ve auditioned the Jitterbug paired with the GeekOut.  There was some audible improvement, but I wouldn’t describe it to be  a “WOW” Experience.    I read about Ifi Audio’s Iusb 3.0, in the forum.  And was thinking about auditioning the demo unit of the LHS before making a purchase.  Many that have the Regen seem to buy it online, so I needed to borrow that of a friend, first to see if it actually works.

Got the spam mail regarding the LightSpeed Revive months bak.  I was interested, but wanted the opportunity to audition first, as well.  I also did not want to have to wait and wonder when will I actually get it.

Luckily, learned a couple of days ago that LH Lab local retailer gt a demo unit.   I honestly was more interested to know if the Revive can power the Geekout V2 as an alternative to the power bank when hooking it up to an iPhone, as my portable rig.  I prefer and enjoy th SQ out of this set-up over my Astell&Kern.

Simon of Music Image, kindly set-up things.  He connected the GeekOut to the Revive, and then to my iPhone with the Onkyo Apps with some DSD files.  Oh yeah, I forget  to bring an iem so we just used an Apple Earbud to listen make sure all was working .

The biggest surprise was that the music out of the Earbuds did NOT sound  unpleasant, (as it usually does).  This experience  was enough for me to want to take hone a Reviveto try and hopefully  enjoy my favorite music more.

At home, I hooked-up the Lightspeed Revive to the X-infinity and then the GeekOut. The listening experience was honestly more delightful – one can easily recognize the improvement with a New Revive just out of the Box. Thinks sound even better when power via LPS.  Maybe, SQ  will further improve, with a couple hundred hours burn-in of the Lightspeed Revive, as well.

“Truthful & Captivating!”   These are the Words that comes to mind, as m initial impression.

Once again, Thanks Larry and the LH Lab Team!  You guys are AWESOME!

• This topic was modified 11 months ago by Sigie.
  • February 9, 2017 at 5:51 pm #20175
    Larry HoLarry Ho
    Keymaster

This is such a nice combo.

Thank you for your kind words!

• February 9, 2017 at 5:51 pm #20176
    Larry HoLarry Ho
    Keymaster

This is such a nice combo.

Thank you for your kind words!

• February 19, 2017 at 11:36 am #20309
    jer
    Participant

SIGIE those are some crazy mods you got there on your Pulse… care to give us a rundown!? :)

• March 17, 2017 at 12:24 am #20550
    SigieSigie
    Participant

Infinity-X

My Custom Infinity-X with Blackgate, Mundorf Siver Girl Oil, and Duelund Exotics powered by LHL LPS, and Light Speed 20G, HE1000 V2(preferred over Utopia and LCD4) and/or Adam Audio Studio Monitors – -especially with the HeadAmp GS-X mk2.

With the genuine desire of wanting to keep things straightforward an  simple, I believe this is IT of Me.   Thanks and Kudos to Larry, Manny, Matt,  and the entire LH Lab Team!  Shalom!

• March 17, 2017 at 12:52 am #20552
    SigieSigie
    Participant

Oh yeah, Source is the New MBP 15 + Seagate’s INNOV8 8TB and Media Center 22.

JER sorry for the late …

Blackgate 2200 uf (x2) for Power.

Blackgate 470uF (x4) and parallel Mundorf MCap Silver Gold Oil (x4) for headphone out.

Blackgate 470uF (x04)  and parallel Duelund .47uF  x 4 for line-out.

Stacked the Infinity-X over the LPS to power boat Infinity-X and Lightspeed 20G

That’s It!

• March 17, 2017 at 1:02 am #20554
    SigieSigie
    Participant

Taken a minute ago.  Thanks for your kind interest.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 7
alfons10l, EmilHem, germay0653, jaywhar, matthijs, MikeyFresh, wingsounds13
Forum Statistics
Threads: 666, Posts: 668, Members: 2,493
Welcome to our newest member, EmilHem