Tesla Premium Audio System S4D part 2 discussion.

• August 12, 2016 at 4:02 pm #18984
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

I have Brody here our mechanical Engineer to discuss all avenues of the S4D part 2 package.

• August 12, 2016 at 4:17 pm #18985
    BrodyBrody
    Participant

Hi everyone.

My name is Brody and I am one of the Mech Engineers assigned to bring you your S4D pt2 amp and sub enclosure.

Let me post some of our preliminary 3D designs and renderings of the enclosure we had in mind. Please note that we are working with a limited amount of space for the Tesla Model S back side panels. We wanted to use this to not infringe on your trunk storage capacity while optimizing the amount of bass we can offer.

Like our other Tesla audio packages, we are also working on making this product as simple, and hassle free as possible to install.

• August 16, 2016 at 11:54 am #18987
    BrodyBrody
    Participant

Okay i have some preliminary images of the enclosure guys,

Please let me know your thoughts so far. I would love to get your feedback.

• August 16, 2016 at 2:44 pm #18989
    Rainbow Road
    Participant

Funny little box:)

If ported, why not make the port on the top side of the front, so that the bass is more inside the trunk instead of below the floor panel. I assume the box sinks half into the space on the right or left side? Would be nice to choose either one, some people choose to keep the charge cable on the left.

• August 19, 2016 at 10:58 am #19044
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

That sounds pretty good Rainbow Road, We should have another rendering today that has alot of changes to the enclosure. I’ll let Brody post this later today. :-)

• August 19, 2016 at 5:29 pm #19062
    BrodyBrody
    Participant

Hey everyone,

Just an update on the sub enclosure. We reshaped for a more precise fit. Another change includes the addition of a port on the top. The sub enclosure is designed to fit flush with the rest of trunk. We are working on several variants including sub angle and sealed vs ported.

• August 19, 2016 at 5:30 pm #19064
    BrodyBrody
    Participant

• August 22, 2016 at 11:43 am #19068
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

I do like the first pic. Something more with curved edges to make it look more flush  in the trunk.

• September 5, 2016 at 8:02 am #19116
    eschummer
    Participant

Hey guys –  I was just ready to plunk down some Paypal money to get me started on part one of this and it says it’s no longer available?  Is part 2 possible without part 1?  i.e. just the sub?  And if so, is there anyone in the bay area that cab install?

Many thanks,

• September 6, 2016 at 8:58 am #19117
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

Hey guys – I was just ready to plunk down some Paypal money to get me started on part one of this and it says it’s no longer available? Is part 2 possible without part 1? i.e. just the sub? And if so, is there anyone in the bay area that cab install? Many thanks,

No worries,

here is the URL:

http://marketplace.lhlabs.com/products/model-s4d-premium-front-back-full-range-4-speakers

Thank you!

• October 9, 2016 at 1:40 am #19314
    jens
    Participant

Hi,

I love this project – but I’m worried if it is still alive?

Regards,

Jens – Denmark.

• October 10, 2016 at 10:10 am #19317
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

Yes we will be posting some more images of the enclosure and possibly a couple of other things.

I am sure you will enjoy this! :-)

• October 10, 2016 at 2:45 pm #19318
    godbreath
    Participant

Hey. What would this kit contain? Will it come with all the cables needed for installation?
    Power cables, speaker to line input, crossover, external amp gain knob.

Are there also any more details on how this will be installed? I know the speaker is going to be custom, but will the amp be custom as well to fit in the frunk/trunk next to the speaker?

• October 10, 2016 at 2:50 pm #19319
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

Yes all of that is correct Godbreath, an we will release installation videos on this.

• October 26, 2016 at 10:17 am #19392
    mikecrav
    Participant

Hello! Any update on this project? And any ETA on when you expect to make this available for shipping? Thanks!

• December 1, 2016 at 12:09 pm #19530
    Customer ServiceCustomer Service
    Participant

We are gearing up to begin delivery in the next three to four weeks. An update will be sent out shortly. :-)

• January 4, 2017 at 12:25 am #19669
    Nzboot
    Participant

Hi Manny

man up and get on with sorting out updates to vidac and wave and the sound bar people are getting really unhappy with your company’s avoidance. So man up sort it up tell us if lhl has any money for theses projects or you guys are broke.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 16
BC2112, CJ, deathson, donlow, germay0653, JackLoStrambo, jaywhar, jer, Manny Torres, matthijs, Psychetron, Reima, Roll11, shimrod, twdickel, wingsounds13
Forum Statistics
Threads: 215, Posts: 216, Members: 1,819
Welcome to our newest member, patriciadbab