Status of the M200 amp?

• March 20, 2016 at 1:50 pm #18167
    worldspectator
    Participant

Can we get an update RE the status of the amp please?

• August 18, 2016 at 12:31 pm #19027
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

Hi everyone, We are working to get the amps out and the target date for this is the middle of November this year. :-)

I uploaded a couple of images of the chassis

• August 18, 2016 at 8:03 pm #19036
    Paul J. NovittPaul J. Novitt
    Participant

I like the many ventilation slats. A cool running AMP!

• August 23, 2016 at 2:46 pm #19073
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

Yes this guys get hot, we tried running it without heat syncs for testing, and found it does need some heat dispersion.

• August 23, 2016 at 2:49 pm #19074
    Manny TorresManny Torres
    Keymaster

testing has begun on this.

SNR

THD

THD+N (with Noise included, you will see the noise figure still kept very low)

The -90.805dB is about 0.00288%, if you want to know the percentage.

• August 23, 2016 at 5:41 pm #19076
    Participant

Larry Ho & Team worked hard to keep the THD+N numbers low. If the AMPS still give off HEAT, the NOVEMBER est. delivery date will give the AMPS double duty as SPACE HEATERS!

• August 24, 2016 at 6:06 am #19077
    Hercules
    Participant

Larry Ho & Team worked hard to keep the THD+N numbers low. If the AMPS still give off HEAT, the NOVEMBER est. delivery date will give the AMPS double duty as SPACE HEATERS!

Hopefully the GPA can deliver in Winter, not Summer.

• August 25, 2016 at 2:52 am #19087
    Z
    Participant

Well, that all depend on which hemisphere you are. Anyway, don’t wory, WINTER IS COMING!

• August 25, 2016 at 1:51 pm #19088
    matthijsmatthijs
    Participant

Even that winter is a bit late and (a few episodes) short, hope you guys do have to wait for next winter. ūüėČ

• August 26, 2016 at 3:32 am #19105
    uncolauncola
    Participant

That’s a cool looking chassis for the M200 for sure.. I love the front and sides.. the vents on top look a little plain though. ¬†Maybe you could have them spell a V or something via the space between the vents? ¬†It would be good to have more technical info on the amps too. ¬†Like why Multizone Classs A is so good, how does it work compared to class A, Class AB, Class H like the Benchmark ABH2. ¬†Also why this amp is such a premium device and why 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms is still good when most monoblocks¬†have more power. ¬†Maybe hardcore nerd info like number of and type of output transistors, capacitance, peak amps etc

• October 26, 2016 at 9:16 pm #19393
    tooldk
    Participant

I am looking very much forward to receiving my s100 amp. I fully understand that there can be setbacks in terms of timing and that getting a great product is ultimately the most important thing. But it would be great if you could provide an update regarding the status of s100 and M200 development, production, and currently expected ship times.

• October 26, 2016 at 11:50 pm #19394
    Hercules
    Participant

I can’t hold my breathe too for Mid-November 2016, but so disappointing that Larry never clarify the final problem not up to specification of M200 for SNR of 111dB as advertised but just 104dB as test report posted 2 month ago.

• October 27, 2016 at 12:07 am #19395
    uncolauncola
    Participant

I finally ordered the s100. using monoblocks in my bedroom might be overkill so this stereo amp might make more sense.  I like the pure class a, two MCA levels and auto power save mode so hopefully that makes it less hot than most pure class a.  Also the case they are showing now is way cooler than the pulse 2.0 case

• November 8, 2016 at 7:51 am #19420
    Hercules
    Participant

Gina said won’t ship any Amp this Mid November, shipping slip again…..

• November 8, 2016 at 8:36 am #19421
    tooldk
    Participant

Did Gina say when they expect to ship? I know there is a lot of frustration about shipping slips and I sure look forward to receiving my S100. But I appreciate that LH always goes above and beyond to develop an outstanding project. Research and development is not a linear process, and unforeseen issues can happen in the production process. I also had to wait for my Pulse DAC, but I got a product that far surpassed the price I paid for it. To me that was fully worth it, and I expect the same with the amps.

• November 9, 2016 at 2:19 am #19428
    Hercules
    Participant

Did Gina say when they expect to ship? I know there is a lot of frustration about shipping slips and I sure look forward to receiving my S100. But I appreciate that LH always goes above and beyond to develop an outstanding project. Research and development is not a linear process, and unforeseen issues can happen in the production process. I also had to wait for my Pulse DAC, but I got a product that far surpassed the price I paid for it. To me that was fully worth it, and I expect the same with the amps.

Nope, nothing, just said update very soon, 3 days ago, still counting

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Hercules.
  • November 9, 2016 at 3:39 am #19431
    uncolauncola
    Participant

So I think I figured out what multizone class A is. ¬†It’s a sliding bias like what some krell amps use. ¬†Basically the amp has a way of analyzing how much power it will need to output your music at your chosen decibel level and it only gives the transistors enough bias current to output that into class A, instead of just giving them full power all the time like normal pure class A. ¬†That allows them to get generate less heat and use less power than normal class A. ¬†That’s how it’s able to use a bit smaller heatsinks than most class A amps which are giant monsters.

I already have super nice big monoblock amps but I use them in a bedroom and they take up a lot of space. ¬†Will be nice to have something which sounds as good but is much smaller like the S100. ¬†I’m very interested in what larry can do with a speaker amp after he made the geek out family sound so good in such a tiny size

http://www.audiodesignguide.com/doc/adapbias.htm

• December 9, 2016 at 7:15 am #19563
    uncolauncola
    Participant

while we wait for our amps, here’s an old video that shows the pcbs for the power supply and amplifier modules. ¬†they might have changed it by now though

youtube video with time

• December 29, 2016 at 5:35 am #19655
    uncolauncola
    Participant

the “reserve now” pages for the amps have pics.. not sure if they’re new but they’re new to me.. also says eta jan 31..

personally I think they look awesome :)  I just noticed the vent holes on top are cool patterns now, not the boring way they were before

s100 stereo amp

m200 monoblock amp

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by uncola.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by uncola.
  • January 5, 2017 at 9:49 pm #19670
    Participant

Thank you Larry Ho & Team, for the latest Pulse AMP update, on the Indiegogo Pulse Analog Audio Components page.

• January 14, 2017 at 1:03 am #19707
    uncolauncola
    Participant

So the newest update shows the inside of the amp and it appears to be a lm3886 chipamp instead of a discrete amplifier.. I think that’s class AB not class A for sure.. I can’t say I’m not a little disappointed, but on the other hand maybe it will be like the modulus 86 amp module and be extremely good measuring with corrections made for the chipamp by an opamp.. This seems to be the most “modern” trend in amplifier design other than¬†class D which I know larry said he thinks sucks. ¬†I remember larry said once in an interview that for digital he liked most modern complex designs possible, but for analog he was old school and liked simple class a biased designs.. so this is an unexpected design direction. ¬†How do you guys feel about this?

• February 14, 2017 at 10:17 am #20197
    Participant

Manny Torres,

I am waiting for the shipping of my S100 AMP. Last est. shipping date was Mid. Nov. 2016. When can I expect delivery of the S100 AMP?

• February 21, 2017 at 2:47 pm #20336
    Participant

Larry Ho, Manny Torres, et.al.

Your Pavlovian Experimentation, is having a draining effect on your fan, and customer base. Keep ringing the bell, and the hungry dogs keep coming. I hope you know how to handle “Starving, and Enraged, Dogs.” When do you plan on delivering, Pulse AMP S100, Pulse Tube HPA, Pulse Tube Pre-AMP, and a Slew of WAVES?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 16
BC2112, CJ, deathson, donlow, germay0653, JackLoStrambo, jaywhar, jer, Manny Torres, matthijs, Psychetron, Reima, Roll11, shimrod, twdickel, wingsounds13
Forum Statistics
Threads: 215, Posts: 216, Members: 1,819
Welcome to our newest member, patriciadbab