Sound impressions when Lightspeed Revive is added.

• June 20, 2016 at 8:05 pm #18748
    Manny Torres
    Keymaster

Please let us know your awesome impressions on the Revive.

• June 21, 2016 at 12:26 am #18753
    LZRMAN
    Participant

Received my REVIVE unit June 17th, charged it up (used an S6 edge+ charger), connected it to my i7 Windows 10 laptop with TIDAL streaming set to CD resolution. The active led came on instantly upon connection. Kept the first listen all LHLabs, I used a Geek Out V2 tied to HifiMan He-400i Planar Headphones (from LHLabs as a combo with Wave purchase – still waiting on the Wave), plugged the V2 directly into the Revive’s USB Port 1. Kept to my heavy rotation list, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds-Red Right Hand, Bela’ Fleck-Flight of the Cosmic Hippo, Punch Brothers-Julep, Alice in Chains-Would, Thievery Corporation-Lebanese Blonde.

Initial Observations,

1- The V2/Revive combo instantly produced an improvement, that to me, was much more obvious than that when replacing the GO450 with a V2!

2- Listening to the Red Right Hand, I heard many things in finer detail with a degree of focus that I was previously unaware of! The much Revive hooked upsought after Growl in the Bass lines of the Cosmic Hippo were more Solid and entertaining (think Ear Candy) than I have ever experienced prior to this combo!

3- Pace, Rhythm and Timing entered the BIG SMILE ON MY FACE realm! Last time that happened was with NOS 6DJ8 tubes in my AR Pre-amp.

Excited to feed my Vi Dac Tube, (when it gets here – Last week in July to first week in August per latest inquiry!), with TIDAL/MQA via the Revive. Finishing several sets of custom Electrostatic Headphones for private clients soon, Very jacked about driving them with the above front end!

• June 23, 2016 at 5:16 pm #18760
    Paul J. Novitt
    Participant

Cleaner SQ when paired with GO V2, when connected with GO V1 there might be a problem with heat. M.T., when the GO V1 is directly connected to Revive, the GO V1 becomes very HOT, and transfers HEAT to the Revive(both become HOT). This may have a effect on the lifespan for the Revive.

• June 25, 2016 at 3:10 pm #18764
    Paul J. Novitt
    Participant

Cleaner SQ when paired with GO V2, when connected with GO V1 there might be a problem with heat. M.T., when the GO V1 is directly connected to Revive, the GO V1 becomes very HOT, and transfers HEAT to the Revive(both become HOT). This may have a effect on the lifespan for the Revive.

You can solve the possible (HEAT), problem by using the LightSpeed Extender Cable to separate Revive, from GO V1, V2.

• June 29, 2016 at 8:34 pm #18780
    covermyears
    Participant

Liking what I hear, sounds better than running my GO V2 Infinity through my Schiit Wyrd (although the Wyrd is much less expensive).  I was also using my 2G split cable and powering my GO with a battery, so definitely an upgrade from that setup.   Loving that I can now great sound playing tunes from my Android smartphone.

So far the only possible issue is battery life powering the GO.  Not sure what the design specs are in terms of battery life powering the GO.

• July 5, 2016 at 4:27 pm #18797
    uncolauncola
    Participant

got mine today, it’s a noticeable upgrade from schiit wyrd.  also I don’t have to reinsert my geek out into the wyrd every single time I turn it on because the revive turns on automatically and has no issue recognizing the geek out when I leave it plugged in.  Sound seems cleaner and less harsh, I notice more detail in transients etc.  and the revive metal casing looks nice.  I’m using a 5V Jay’s Audio LPS to power it

• July 6, 2016 at 12:00 am #18798
    covermyears
    Participant

Works fine with my LG phone but doesn’t with my Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet.  The Revive lights up when I plug it into my tablet but when I plug in my GO V2 it powers off.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 4
lo_tse, MAPgeekdad, matthijs, s
Forum Statistics
Threads: 245, Posts: 247, Members: 4,032
Welcome to our newest member, tiaracalkins5