Replacing Battery

• March 19, 2017 at 8:12 am #20558
    Gordon
    Participant

The only thing that now worries me with my Wave Player. Is replacing the Battery.

I don’t understand why we will have to undo screws on the Back Plate too get at the Battery.

It should be easy. With a Hinged Door on the Side of the Player.

I want to take my player on Trips with me. And when there is no electric to recharge the Battery, I

was thinking of buying a spare. So i can put a new one in on the Road.

With multiple screws to undo. Plus exposing the insides of the Wave. That will be impossible.

Please Larry, rethink the Battery changing before it’s too late.

• March 19, 2017 at 12:35 pm #20559
    wingsounds13wingsounds13
    Participant

It’s way too late for that.  You want to delay delivery another year?  With LH Labs history of design and development working on geological time, redesigning the case and circuit board for this change could easily take more than a year.  This is a decision that should have been made two years ago.

Simple solution, and usable for your Wave and your phone is to get a power bank that could be used to charge either/both of them.  If necessary, a nice one with a solar panel could extend time away from the power grid.

I do agree that the battery really should have been made tool-free swappable in the field, rather than just user replaceable.

J.P.

• March 20, 2017 at 10:29 am #20560
    BC2112
    Participant

@J.P. I am not sure it is too late. They do not have a battery even set up to go. Larry said they are still looking for one. Development is still not done. I’m betting they aren’t even close. Pity really, but that is what I think.

• March 20, 2017 at 11:04 am #20561
    Gordon
    Participant

Thank you WINGSOUNDS & BC2112,

I have now found a good quality 50000ah charger at a good price. So even if i do receive my Wave with no Battery easy access. I will have this charger to take with me on Trips.

I too do not want any more delay in getting my Wave Player.

• March 20, 2017 at 11:24 am #20562
    Hercules
    Participant

Wave is design to replace the whole battery when it’s no longer holding the chargae and reaching the end of service life, not for replace/swap in the field.

• March 20, 2017 at 3:26 pm #20563
    john.dara
    Participant

@Gordon, if your only worry about the Wave now is battery replacement, then you are way more optimistic than many other backers…

• April 20, 2017 at 3:45 pm #20802
    Andrew CochraneAndrew Cochrane
    Participant

It’s still silly to have to take a screwdriver to this thing to access the battery compartment, when it would have been just as easy (would it not?) to have designed the back plate to snap or slide on and off, like so many phone casings do. Using screws does evoke memories of 1980’s cassette walkmen. I’m half expecting it to come supplied with a pair of orange-foam-covered lightweight headphones.

EDIT

Actually, those headphones would probably sound better than my Vibratos!

Squeezebox Touch -> Geek Pulse F/I -> Rega Brio-R -> 2x Harbeth P3ESR + Wharfedale Diamond SW150

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 7
alfons10l, EmilHem, germay0653, jaywhar, matthijs, MikeyFresh, wingsounds13
Forum Statistics
Threads: 666, Posts: 668, Members: 2,493
Welcome to our newest member, EmilHem