Pulse Source LPS Tap

• December 15, 2015 at 4:48 pm #17325
    oneguyoneguy
    Participant

Will the audio circuitry of the Pulse Source require the 0.5A or 1.2A tap off of the LH Labs LPS4? The chart provided in the Pulse Analog Audio update 2 months ago make reference to both taps but sounds like that info has change and only one tap from the LPS can be used.

• December 17, 2015 at 8:36 am #17352
    oneguyoneguy
    Participant

Bump for answer.

• December 17, 2015 at 3:17 pm #17355
    jcookejcooke
    Participant

I would like some clarity around this also.

• December 23, 2015 at 4:05 am #17392
    oneguyoneguy
    Participant

Bump for some type of response

• December 23, 2015 at 7:52 am #17394
    LH_GinaLH_Gina
    Participant

I’ll see if I can get you this information. Please stay tuned!

Gina Stewart
    Customer Happiness Agent
    LH Labs
    https://support.lhlabs.com

• December 23, 2015 at 10:37 pm #17409
    marflaomarflao
    Participant

OK…. I must admit that after reading the latest IGG Source update I still have some questions regarding the power inputs.

Especially to Q&A #4:
    ——–
    * Q4: Could I use only ONE power supply to power up Geek Source?

A: Yes. We design that too. So if you don’t care about the noise that much, you could use one switching power that has 12V + 2A current capability to finish the job. So the wattage there should be 25W or more.
    ——–

i) Does this mean there is a third DC input on the back of the Source?
    ii) Assuming the above mentioned SMPS is substituted by an aftermarket LPS (one single 12v DC output, at least 2A & 25W): will I get the same effect as I would get if I would choose both separate DC inputs (one for harddrives, one for audio)?

• December 29, 2015 at 11:58 am #17429
    marflaomarflao
    Participant

@Larry (or somebody else who can answer it): kindly reminder to shed some light on my previous post.

Thanks.

• December 31, 2015 at 4:19 am #17434
    marflaomarflao
    Participant

After re-reading the the IGG “Source” story the picture become a bit clearer for me.

“For your convenience, if you want to plug-in one power only. That is no problem. The main power socket will automatic power up the audio power socket if there is no audio power plug-in.”
    Guess that will answer my first question above that there will only be two power sockets.

Still unclear to me is question ii) if an aftermarket LPS (with the above mentioned requirements) which will be connected to the “main power” socket will have the same effect as feeding the Source via the 2 power sockets,

Thoughts?

btw…all the best for 2016!!!
    Cheers!!

• December 31, 2015 at 7:03 am #17435
    wingsounds13wingsounds13
    Participant

I suspect that a single LPS with two power leads will sound subtly different than using just one power lead to the main power jack. I think of this like bi-wiring speaker wires. Even though both wires come from the same amp, many think that the bi-wired configuration sounds better because each wire only carries the load for each section even though both actually have the same signal.

J P

• December 31, 2015 at 8:05 am #17436
    marflaomarflao
    Participant

Interesting comparison, J.P.

Thanks for your opinion. Have a good start in 2016!!

Cheers,
    M,

• January 6, 2016 at 8:56 am #17444
    Jeff from Michigan
    Participant

I posted a related question to Larry on the Indiegogo Source page, asking him which taps on the LPS4 would be needed to power the Source (in my case, the Pulse is already using one of the 1.2 amp taps).
    He replied that he would be providing a complete update for power usage.

• January 20, 2016 at 3:55 pm #17516
    brightonjel
    Participant

Just wondering where we are now on that additional information? I too saw that Larry was going to write something up .. any idea when that will be available? I’d like to know if any of my existing PSUs would be able to drive just the audio output electronics.

Thanks,
    J

• January 7, 2017 at 6:49 pm #19681
    jcookejcooke
    Participant

I am still waiting for an answer it has been over a year now. This is a very basic product question.

• March 13, 2017 at 5:08 pm #20505
    Larry HoLarry Ho
    Keymaster

Hi, JCooke

Please let me know here for your exact question again, sorry, it’s a long thread. I will reply!

• March 13, 2017 at 10:25 pm #20523
    jcookejcooke
    Participant

Hi Larry, nice to see your presence on the forum. My question is : For those of us who purchased LPS4 and want to use them to power the Source, how is this done ?

e.g.

one 12v(1.2A) ?

two 12v(1.2A) ?

1 x 12v (1.2A) + 1 x 12v(0.5A) ? etc

• March 14, 2017 at 9:07 am #20530
    ©
    Participant

Hi Larry, nice to see your presence on the forum. My question is : For those of us who purchased LPS4 and want to use them to power the Source, how is this done ? e.g. one 12v(1.2A) ? two 12v(1.2A) ? 1 x 12v (1.2A) + 1 x 12v(0.5A) ? etc

+1 from me. I want to know what will still be available after powering the Source.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 21
cor, dbrunette, Desroches, dubby, durwin, ebonywilmot, frankfriersan, GerhardO, germay0653, hitekhan, kimerathermo, L@TM, laraferres, lucybreinl, makaylagaye, matthijs, MikeyFresh, rancesorefield, steelydave, user193294, wingsounds13
Forum Statistics
Threads: 661, Posts: 663, Members: 2,482
Welcome to our newest member, ebonywilmot