Okay Jarek: Some Vi DAC Tube questions..

• September 9, 2017 at 11:15 pm #22769
    RichB
    Participant

Hi Jarek

Obviously, you know you have your work cut out for you.  Realize you’re new on the job, but here’s some basic questions that I feel myself and all other backers are owed straight answers to:

1. I am not going to nitpick that several dates in yesterday’s status update are revisionist history (and have already seen posts contending that some numbers are simply untrue) but seems that there’s still approx. 154 Vi DAC Tubes to be delivered.  Please confirm?
    2. How has the new chassis supplier worked out?  If output has met spec, what’s the anticipated run rate at this time?  If there’s still QC problems, what’s the issue(s)?
    3. Are all the various CCX modules ready?  If not, which ones are not ready and what possible explanation could there be for these not being ready yet given the extended delay on the chassis production?
    4. If the CCX modules are ready, are there any other supply issues impacting production? If so, why and what plans are in place to resolve?
    5. Assuming no other supply issues what’s approximate post-chassis delivery production time per unit?
    6. Is the online Google doc still being used as a guide for backer’s Vi DAC Tube SE options?  If not, why not and what is being used instead?
    7. Can you confirm that longstanding IGG orders are being prioritized above any other brick & mortar or online retail orders or reviewer samples?  If not, please provide a justification for this behavior.
    8. Lastly, if above answers indicate further extended delay in delivery of Vi DAC Tube units, both “standard” and “SE”, what is the prioritization process being applied to get the remaining units out the door?

Understand it may take some time to fully get up-to-speed and there’s lots of question across a range of projects.  But at this point in time, I feel a “don’t know” to any of above is unprofessional and simply unacceptable.

Thank you and again, good luck!

• September 10, 2017 at 1:01 am #22776
    spud
    Participant

Just logged in to the forum to see whether there’s now anything going on here and to ask some simple straightforward questions about the Vi DAC Tube, but I see RichB has beaten me to it.

I therefore won’t repeat what Rich has clearly and concisely raised, but  just ask that his queries be addressed and answered just as clearly and concisely.

Thanks Jarek, and as Rich said, good luck!

• September 10, 2017 at 8:52 am #22809
    ©
    Participant

Hi Jarek Obviously, you know you have your work cut out for you. Realize you’re new on the job, but here’s some basic questions that I feel myself and all other backers are owed straight answers to:

1. I am not going to nitpick that several dates in yesterday’s status update are revisionist history (and have already seen posts contending that some numbers are simply untrue) but seems that there’s still approx. 154 Vi DAC Tubes to be delivered. Please confirm?
    2. How has the new chassis supplier worked out? If output has met spec, what’s the anticipated run rate at this time? If there’s still QC problems, what’s the issue(s)?
    3. Are all the various CCX modules ready? If not, which ones are not ready and what possible explanation could there be for these not being ready yet given the extended delay on the chassis production?
    4. If the CCX modules are ready, are there any other supply issues impacting production? If so, why and what plans are in place to resolve?
    5. Assuming no other supply issues what’s approximate post-chassis delivery production time per unit?
    6. Is the online Google doc still being used as a guide for backer’s Vi DAC Tube SE options? If not, why not and what is being used instead?
    7. Can you confirm that longstanding IGG orders are being prioritized above any other brick & mortar or online retail orders or reviewer samples? If not, please provide a justification for this behavior.
    8. Lastly, if above answers indicate further extended delay in delivery of Vi DAC Tube units, both “standard” and “SE”, what is the prioritization process being applied to get the remaining units out the door?

Understand it may take some time to fully get up-to-speed and there’s lots of question across a range of projects. But at this point in time, I feel a “don’t know” to any of above is unprofessional and simply unacceptable. Thank you and again, good luck!

+1 (more like +1000000)

• September 12, 2017 at 5:25 pm #23006
    spud
    Participant

Hmm…nothing.

• September 12, 2017 at 8:32 pm #23016
    RichB
    Participant

Hi Spud –

Let’s give him a break.  I communicated to Jarek via IGG comments that I was not expecting him to respond immediately to above for several reasons:

1. He’s literally just taken on the job.  Many of the above questions have gone unanswered or we’ve received answers that have not been truthful for years; unreasonable to expect him to elicit “real” answers after less than a week on the job.
    2. Larry is traveling in China, and he’s the one that Jarek will need to pin down for answers
    3. Jarek had indicated that he had not previously registered for the Forum and apparently there’s a problem with new registrations.

(Obviously this last one is pretty ridiculous given how much time and resources were misallocated by Gavin & Co. years ago setting up a new Forum platform that everyone hated and immediately abandoned, but that’s another story.)

After initially backing Vi DAC almost 3 years ago when launched as “Soul DAC Tube” I’m patient enough to give him a week or two to attempt to track down some answers.  I would hope others are willing to do the same.

But Nov 5 will be the 3 year anniversary of being among the 1st five backers of “lot 1” of Soul DAC Tube.  So if 24 have supposedly been shipped with me not among them, and we still have no answers… trust me I will be officially extremely po’d.  And there are indications that IGG has also been pressured to follow-up and take some action on those who have abused their platform.

Jarek – if you happen to read this: great that you’ve been quite responsive on forums and taking down ticket #’s, etc. but there’s probably a huge backlog now and if you attempt to track down and respond to every single request my guess is that it’s going to take forever to catch up.  

I very deliberately worded above questions to be broad enough to attempt to address most of the major issues; clearly at this point trying to communicate to everyone individually “when am I going to get my ________?” will be pretty futile as LH as demonstrated time and time again that he hasn’t a clue.  I’ve tried to break up the questions into more manageable individual topic areas that hopefully LH can deal with.  And if he has not given them any thought, well, now’s as good a time as any.

• September 13, 2017 at 6:29 am #23047
    jcooke
    Participant

Welcome Jarek. Some real and accurate communication is much needed.

• September 19, 2017 at 5:08 pm #23582
    RichB
    Participant

Hi Jarek – looks like you’ve made some progress and explaining what has been going on with the Wave.  As you turn your and LH’s attention to the Vi DAC, looks like I have a more specific follow-up to my #2 question above related to remaining QC issues based on the apparent PCB issues.  Were these sourced from the same supplier who provided the batch of Pulse DAC boards that had to be scrapped?  Is this another unresolved issue that’s been hidden by deleting IGG posts?  What’s the plan to resolve this?

BTW – I don’t do Facebook, so if you can’t get access here to reply will move to conversation to IGG.

• September 24, 2017 at 12:00 pm #23855
    RichB
    Participant

Thank you Jarek for getting most of my questions and those of others addressed. Unfortunately have a very strong sense of déjà vu reading the responses.

I’m particularly troubled by the lack of progress on CXX modules:

• May 17 2016:  “We are finalizing the CCX modules with different caps and tweaks”
    • June 6 2016: “We just sent out the CCX Balanced Module gerber to PCB factory”
    • August 10 2017: “For the backer who have Balanced version of CCX, we will ship that CCX separately” to ensure “safe shipping”

Now seems there was another reason for it being shipped separately conveniently not mentioned in the update – the modules have still not been produced, because: “We plan to do it all in one shot with one P.O to make sure the vendor would provide all at one time”.

Sorry, but I find it extremely disappointing that it seems acceptable for something on this project to still be in “we plan to…” stage?  Is there perhaps a date when someone is going to identify a vendor to produce the CCX modules so you can provide us an actual date for expected delivery?

Bottom line is that if the answers provided have any relationship to the truth, it’s going to take at least another year to produce the 150+ remaining Vi DAC Tubes, but I should expect a Vi DAC Tube SE in the next month or so, by the 3 year anniversary of being among very first “lot 1” Soul Tube DAC backers on Nov 5 2014, and informed by LH Customer Happiness as being #6 in the Vi DAC Tube SE queue on Dec 18 2015 and it being worked on as of Aug 1 2016. 

• This reply was modified 3 hours, 54 minutes ago by RichB.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 9
davide_riva@hotmail.it, deathztm, Frans, jcooke, kneedeep, lonelyers, RichB, twdickel, wingsounds13
Forum Statistics
Threads: 245, Posts: 247, Members: 3,467
Welcome to our newest member, lvia448476246