July 28 (non) communication

• August 2, 2017 at 9:03 pm #22190
    wingsounds13
    Participant

The following was posted by a user on the indiegogo Source campaign comments page:

—————–

7/28/17 – two more weeks.

Sorry that because DHL lost one of our package which contains 2.4G/5G antenna and few important connectors, we need to re-order that again. 5G antenna is available and 2.4G is on hold until yesterday. So we expect to have that delivered early next week.

——————–

I thought that some people here might want to see this.  I also think that this information really belongs here for ALL who are interested in the Source to see.

@Larry Ho:  We need MORE communication, NOT LESS!

Why the secrecy?  There are many of us who have a vested interest in this project.  Please let us know what is happening.  Of course, since no one from LH Labs has been seen here on THEIR OWN FORUM for months, this is almost certainly not going to be seen by them.

J.P.

• August 2, 2017 at 10:01 pm #22191
    OutSider
    Participant

Likely part of the reason is because this is in regards to the Source SE, not the normal Source so it could be these delays have no affect for the normal Sources.  Since it’s SE model we get direct communication, I’m sure when the regular model is near ready they will resume their normal updates

• August 2, 2017 at 10:44 pm #22196
    kneedeep
    Participant

I backed a Source SE and have not received any direct communications about it. Is there anything you can share from the Source SE emails?

• August 3, 2017 at 8:56 am #22197
    OutSider
    Participant

Last email stated
    <p class=”MsoNormal”></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>I hope to update you the latest status of your Source Signature Edition.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>PCBF, PCBA, and nice Chassis are all ready for us. Our software team are working on finalizing the first release of software/firmware by the end of July. Sorry that because DHL lost one of our package which contains 2.4G/5G antenna and few important connectors, we need to re-order</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>that again. 5G antenna is available and 2.4G is on hold until yesterday. So we expect to have that delivered early next week.</p>

<p class=”MsoNormal”>All together, this incident cause two weeks waiting time but we are not too off track. Will make another quick update when we ready to ship.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”>Start bugging them if you’re not getting emails.</p>

• August 3, 2017 at 10:33 pm #22198
    kneedeep
    Participant

Thanks for sharing that.

I will try bugging them about the emails.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Geek Force Statistics

Members Currently Active: 0
No users are currently active
Members active within the past 24 hours: 4
Andrew Cochrane, cogt3, germay0653, matthijs
Forum Statistics
Threads: 248, Posts: 250, Members: 5,152
Welcome to our newest member, lvnjodi29015